Pre Season Match/Tour Thread

Finlay

A tad harsh to our neighbours :whistling:

Not at all, English bastards is exactly what they are :nod: . Don't really get all this fawning over Leeds United (or any other English Club) from Motherwell fans, can understand having a passing interest in a certain club, but this collective :wank: is a bit embarassing, particularly given the fact that Leeds United are in actual fact pish.

• Like 3

If anyone thinks throngs of 'Well fans are going to flock to Fir Park to see Leeds in a meaningless friendly match, they're at it. There'll be about 2,500 - 3,000 Motherwell fans there.

You'll be lucky if that many 'well fans bother finding oot the score

Not at all, English bastards is exactly what they are :nod: . Don't really get all this fawning over Leeds United (or any other English Club) from Motherwell fans, can understand having a passing interest in a certain club, but this collective :wank: is a bit embarassing, particularly given the fact that Leeds United are in actual fact pish.

I agree, Never uderstood anyone who had an "English team", "spanish team" or Italian team"

The return of McFadden was a big draw, but this is the return of McCormack!! (whom in all seriousness I hope doesn't get any pelters)

Gradel, Becchio and Snodgrass well worth watching also.

Ross says his time at Motherwell under McGhee was the "favourite time of his career" or such like. His fiancee also reckons he loved his time at Motherwell....

Basically, he speaks very fondly of his time at Fir Park so I see no reason for him to get pelters....

• Like 1

I agree, Never uderstood anyone who had an "English team", "spanish team" or Italian team"

It's fair enough if you lived somewhere else for a while and actually went to some games, or have family connections. But aye, otherwise it mostly smacks of Old Firm-style glory-hunting :whistling:

Don't really get all this fawning over Leeds United (or any other English Club) from Motherwell fans

I agree, Never understood anyone who had an "English team", "spanish team" or Italian team"

It's fair enough if you lived somewhere else for a while and actually went to some games, or have family connections. But aye, otherwise it mostly smacks of Old Firm-style glory-hunting :whistling:

Thats pish talk.

Millions of football fans have 2 teams they follow from different leagues, n am no different. Aye, supporting Motherwell is in the blood and always will be, but then looking out for your 2nd team, the rumours that go with them, there up coming fixtures, there matchday experience is a totally different ball game to up here!

And, if your really lucky, you could get to follow your fav player twice :thumbup: (Hasn`t happened yet like, Brian Kerr or Richard Offiong didn`t really fall in to that category!)

But back on topic, as friendlies go, its a decent one to look forward too. Good that Leeds are bringing up a healthy support.

Thats pish talk.

Millions of football fans have 2 teams they follow from different leagues, n am no different. Aye, supporting Motherwell is in the blood and always will be, but then looking out for your 2nd team, the rumours that go with them, there up coming fixtures, there matchday experience is a totally different ball game to up here!

And, if your really lucky, you could get to follow your fav player twice :thumbup: (Hasn`t happened yet like, Brian Kerr or Richard Offiong didn`t really fall in to that category!)

But back on topic, as friendlies go, its a decent one to look forward too. Good that Leeds are bringing up a healthy support.

id hardly say healthy, the majority are fat drunks in the 40s and 50s. :cheers:

My thoughts exactly. Enjoy watching the Premiership and La Liga and have a soft spot for a couple of teams but I couldnt care two fucks if they win their leagues or not. I generally like to see any team with a (current) Scottish influence do well.

Agree with this, i support Motherwell end of, and of course Scotland when they play. Like 40 yarder i love to watch all levels of footie on TV but could not give a toss who wins if Motherwell are not involved or affected by the result.

Its a fucking football match ffs. There's not been one for ages and this one will involve the players we will be watching next season.

Some posters on here seem to be going out of there way to rubbish the game just because some are looking forward to it.

Also some members on here act as if going to a motherwell game is a task equivalent to climbing mt fucking Everest.

Some posters on here seem to be going out of there way to rubbish the game just because some are looking forward to it.

That's just lies

Also some members on here act as if going to a motherwell game is a task equivalent to climbing mt fucking Everest.

for some folk it may be a struggle. be it with the price or the fact they don't enjoy it as much. Last season I missed a few games cos I couldn't be arsed cos I was a wee bit hungover, cos we were pish at the time and cos I had better things to waste £20 on.

Agree with this, i support Motherwell end of, and of course Scotland when they play. Like 40 yarder i love to watch all levels of footie on TV but could not give a toss who wins if Motherwell are not involved or affected by the result.

this.

I'm split dead 50-50 between Motherwell and Liverpool. Motherwell because I was brought up supporting them, and Liverpool as I have an uncle who has always supported them, and has lived in Liverpool practically as long as I've been about. Tend to go down yearly, and always loved the place, so it made sense to start following them, to give a bit of interest when MOTD came on, but they grew on me completely, and now, as I say, complete split loyalties.

i enjoy watching most televised footie & if the phone rings it wouldn,t bother me answering BUT if it was motherwell on the telly, phone is ignored & woe betide anyone at the front door. that,s how i put my love for motherwell & other footie in perspective :thumbup:

:lol:

I think you made that up.

I've seen a few folk comment, myself included, how it's a meaningless friendly which doesn't interest them and therefore they won't be there.

Where you've gotten claims that going to Motherwell games is a hugely difficult task is a mystery. Although it no doubt actually is for some people.

:lol:

I think you made that up.

I've seen a few folk comment, myself included, how it's a meaningless friendly which doesn't interest them and therefore they won't be there.

Where you've gotten claims that going to Motherwell games is a hugely difficult task is a mystery. Although it no doubt actually is for some people.

Maybe that explains why so many are in a fucker of a bad mood when they get there.