Pre Season Match/Tour Thread

Finlay

I'll be there if I have the cash & the price of the tickets is reasonable.

Unlike a lot of folk on here, I don't really watch any other football outside of Scotland & Motherwell. I don't even subscribe to Sky Sports.

Saying that, if a particularly tasty game in the Champions league is on council telly I'll usually give it a watch.

I'm split dead 50-50 between Motherwell and Liverpool. Motherwell because I was brought up supporting them, and Liverpool as I have an uncle who has always supported them, and has lived in Liverpool practically as long as I've been about. Tend to go down yearly, and always loved the place, so it made sense to start following them, to give a bit of interest when MOTD came on, but they grew on me completely, and now, as I say, complete split loyalties.

To me that is silly,

I was broughtg up supporting Motherwell.

I have an Uncle who supports Celtic. he's a good bloke and I see him often, hell I've even been to glasgow and parkhead. I used to see them on scotsport.

I have no good feeling toward Celtic.

Unlike a lot of folk on here, I don't really watch any other football outside of Scotland & Motherwell. I don't even subscribe to Sky Sports.

Saying that, if a particularly tasty game in the Champions league is on council telly I'll usually give it a watch.

I don't even usually bother with the champions league. Love MOTD though

• Like 1

To me that is silly,

I was broughtg up supporting Motherwell.

I have an Uncle who supports Celtic. he's a good bloke and I see him often, hell I've even been to glasgow and parkhead. I used to see them on scotsport.

I have no good feeling toward Celtic.

The Celtic analogy is nonsense. You've picked a team who Motherwell regularly compete against, and whilst it's not realistic that we would compete against them for a league, they remain a rival team.

• Like 1

The Celtic analogy is nonsense. You've picked a team who Motherwell regularly compete against, and whilst it's not realistic that we would compete against them for a league, they remain a rival team.

I never picked them, my favourite uncle did

Before this derails the thread even further, I'm going to leave this subject. I'm not justiying myself against petty, sarcastic retorts, when all I did was give my reasons for choosing to support two entirely seperate, non-competing teams.

lies

Before this derails the thread even further, I'm going to leave this subject. I'm not justiying myself against petty, sarcastic retorts, when all I did was give my reasons for choosing to support two entirely seperate, non-competing teams.

Who would you support if it was well-liverpool in europe?

Don't see anything wrong with looking out for certain teams results or liking to see them doing well but imo you can only really support 1 team.i watch most live games in the spl, epl and quite a few euro games and almost every game i will be edging towards 1 team either for betting reasons, they have ex well or scottish players or for whatever reason i don't like the other team or manager but i wouldn't say i have a second team or any other team that i follow with any real interest.for me you can really only support 1 team.

I did wonder about that in the Europa this year. It's a tough one, but the best I could come to was;

Motherwell, for the simple reason that a victory over Liverpool would mean more to me as a Motherwell fan, in terms of a scalp, and a win that we'd never forget, than a win for Liverpool over Motherwell would be.

((Although I'd add that it's very much the "Celtic or Rangers - if you had to pick just one, no matter what" thing that they enjoy. It would take ridiculous odds for the situation ever to arise where I'd have to make the choice, and if/when it happened, I may react differently))

Edited by StipeIsGod

Don't see anything wrong with looking out for certain teams results or liking to see them doing well but imo you can only really support 1 team.

The very fact that folk has a 2nd team means just that, it's an alternative interest, not another team to fully support. I support 1 team when it comes down to it, I have very little input financially into Doncaster Rovers so to call me a supporter would be stretching it but I view them as my second team because I already have Motherwell. It's not rocket science, it's just something fitba fans do, nothing to apologise for, nothing to make a big issue about, just petty nitpicking by mischief makers.

Time for another nonsensical mump n moan elsewhere I'd say.:P

if i was motherwell i would make an announcement that leeds fans can pay on the day no meberships req.

leeds have announced that we have to buy tickets one per member.

this will seriously affect the numbers that travel and cost your club thousands.

I would imagine this would have been at the request of the local plod so they have an idea of how many travelling fans to expect and organise their resources accordingly

I would imagine this would have been at the request of the local plod so they have an idea of how many travelling fans to expect and organise their resources accordingly

maybe so, but i think motherwell will have pay on the day and surely ticketless leeds fans will be able to pay in the south stand or i and around 50 others from the north west and probably hundreds more will end up in the motherwell end.

maybe so, but i think motherwell will have pay on the day and surely ticketless leeds fans will be able to pay in the south stand or i and around 50 others from the north west and probably hundreds more will end up in the motherwell end.

Probably see you there then :cheers::cheers: just try and perfect a good Scottish accent to get through the gate.

Big deal, there will be more leeds fans than motherwell fans. Leeds is not an attraction for us so I'll be givin it a miss. Pre season games are rubbish and unless its a nice wee away trip like the northern ireland tour or a jaunt down south I'm not interested. A big team at home may temp me but unfortunately leeds don't fit the bill.

Big deal, there will be more leeds fans than motherwell fans. Leeds is not an attraction for us so I'll be givin it a miss. Pre season games are rubbish and unless its a nice wee away trip like the northern ireland tour or a jaunt down south I'm not interested. A big team at home may temp me but unfortunately leeds don't fit the bill.

I'd agree with that. I've even found myself bored out of my mind at friendlies against the likes of Everton and Aston Villa, never mind English clubs from outwith the Premiership like Leeds, Preston and whoever else we've played over the years.

Each to their own and all that, but I made the decision a year or so ago that I wouldn't be anywhere near any home friendlies, and would only consider any away friendlies that presented a good day out.

Normally I'd go to the friendly games, but I can not stand Leeds, seen them playing a few times and they are a thoroughly disgusting team.

Saw them last at the johnstons paint trophy area final against carlisle, one of their subs, Kilkenny, was shouting and cursing at children in the stands while he was warming up, then when he got on he missed a penalty and when the Carlisle fans jumped on to the pitch to celebrate with the team he started chasing and punching teenage fans, disgusting mob.

I don't know what some people are expecting. .....Arsenal? Man City? They have got better and more financially beneficial offers than little old Motherwell. Fact is Leeds Utd are a big side in English football and a lot bigger than some EPL sides such as Norwich, Wigan, Fulham et al.

A few people dissing the game and that is their opinion. Mine and a lot of others is that this will be the 1st opportunity to see Motherwell FC and their new signings before the new campaign kick in. Assuming the pricing is reasonable then I would hope for a decent turn out form both sets of fans...

I am looking forward to the game and a few beers :drinks:

What is this 'Footie' people on here often refer to?

The Oxford English Dictionary defines it as:

noun

informal

British football (soccer).

Origin:

by shortening and alteration

Hope this helps clear up your confusion.

I don't know what some people are expecting. .....Arsenal? Man City? They have got better and more financially beneficial offers than little old Motherwell. Fact is Leeds Utd are a big side in English football and a lot bigger than some EPL sides such as Norwich, Wigan, Fulham et al.

A few people dissing the game and that is their opinion. Mine and a lot of others is that this will be the 1st opportunity to see Motherwell FC and their new signings before the new campaign kick in. Assuming the pricing is reasonable then I would hope for a decent turn out form both sets of fans...

I am looking forward to the game and a few beers :drinks:

£10 is a very reasonable price.

http://www.leedsunited.com/news/20110619/pre-season-ticket-information_2247585_2378006

and btw leeds united are a massive club and you cant get away from it.

those fans will turn up in massive numbers wherever we are playing.

in fact leeds took more fans away from home in total than any other english club last season .

and btw leeds united are a massive club and you cant get away from it.

I don't think anyone's particularly arguing one way or another, mainly because I don't think anyone on here actually cares.

Whether Leeds are a massive club or not is irrelevant to whether they are actually an attraction for Scottish football fans, in this case 'Well fans. By the looks of this thread, there are a fair number of us who don't see it as a draw or a team we're particularly interested in seeing at Fir Park.

Big club or not, as a side outside the Premiership, Leeds don't have the pull up here given the majority of Scots' interest in English football extends to Match of the Day and Super Sunday. McCormack and Snodgrass are the only two Leeds players I can name, and that's only because they're Scottish. How many Leeds fans will be travelling up to Fir Park doesn't change that.