Club Investigation Into The Buses

TigerWoodsMFC

Amongst other things, heard that some buses weren't allowed to pick up where they were supposed to, so nobody could find them, and some buses didn't (or weren't allowed to) leave for an hour or so after everybody was on board.

Buses moving from where they were originally parked, police stopped us and didn't let us go to the stadium where I think we were meant to be parked and when people had come back to the street after the game a few of the buses had fucked off. We ended up with about two bus loads of folk all trying to get on our bus to get home. Ended up with a long walk to the stadium when I was aware that all MFC buses would be in the official park at Hampden.

I wasn't going to mention this on the message boards as I hate moaning about the club and to be honest this ain't the clubs fault but it took our bus an hour and fifty minutes to get to hampden from fir park on the number 18 bus. So actually got to my seat at hampden at 10 past 3. The club already know about this and it has been anounced it is being looked into.

Well done Motherwell FC.

Most likely the buses were moved by the Polis , get those pesky Motherwell fans well away from the stadium so they don't bother or cause trouble for those nice Celtic fans. Just another display of old firm favouritism this time from Scotland's finest. Don't know if that's what the inquiry is about but I guarantee you that's why the buses were moved .The Polis you just love them ......not.

I wasn't going to mention this on the message boards as I hate moaning about the club and to be honest this ain't the clubs fault but it took our bus an hour and fifty minutes to get to hampden from fir park on the number 18 bus. So actually got to my seat at hampden at 10 past 3. The club already know about this and it has been anounced it is being looked into.

Well done Motherwell FC.

i was bus 18 as well missed the display and the team coming out :-( the craic on the bus was great but when people can get off the bus go for a pi$$ and still catch the bus it is out of order,

ps Amber was it you trying to fill the bottle :-P

I was on bus 22 and we just got off in the middle of the road as we were driving away from Hampden to where we had to get in and this was at ten too 3. We somehow got in for the display but it was one big rush, a disgrace to be honest.

Then after the game everyone was on the bus at 515 and loads of MFC buses had left by 530 but despite loads of folk going down to complain, he said he wasn't moving until 6 and we never got back to 715 because the driver decided to go through East Kilbride which added even more time onto the journey so we were sitting on the bus, which was flooded because of the rain, again a disgrace, for two hours.

I was on bus 7, supposed to have parked inside Hampden, ended up being abandoned on Battlefield road and walking to the stadium. Pretty chaotic, reckon the car park at Hampden was 1st come,1st served. Bus was there when we got back though, and made it into the stadium in time for the display.

Cant believe a bus would drop folk off somewhere then think its a good idea to pick them up somewhere else, completely ameatur decision whether made by the police or the bus company.

Well done Motherwell FC.

I've placed an email of complaint on this also

See we were not alone in having bus trouble on saturday,from this weeks Hamilton Advertiser.

Motherwell’s 1991 heroes left stranded at Hampden

May 26 2011 by Leona Greenan, Hamilton Advertiser

MOTHERWELL 1991 Scottish Cup-winning heroes suffered a double disappointment on Saturday.

The team, who were guests of honour at Hampden Park for the 2011 final, first watched Celtic beat Stuart McCall’s Steelmen 3-0.

Then they returned to the stadium car park, in pouring rain, to discover their bus had left without them.

The ex-players had enjoyed hospitality at Hampden, tickets to the game, and they should have had return journey back to Motherwell aboard a coach supplied by West Lothian firm Browning’s.

A post-match party back at Fir Park’s Centenary Suite was also promised.

However, according to people travelling with the former ‘Well stars, the bus left five minutes before the arranged 6pm departure time – leaving them stranded at a soggy Hampden.

One fan who travelled on the same hospitality coach, and did not wish to be named, said he was shocked the Motherwell Football Club heroes had been treated in such a way.

He told the Advertiser: “We were on a specially-organised bus that was supposed to leave Hampden at 6pm on Saturday evening.

“However at 5.54pm the driver took it upon himself to go – leaving 12 seats empty. Most of those seats had been occupied by ex-players who had been part of the Scottish Cup winning team of 1991.

“Those of us on the bus were in disbelief. The driver was approached and asked to wait and he simply said if the other bus was leaving so was he!”

The source continued: “It was pouring with rain and 12 people were stranded.

“I was very angry when the bus drew out of the car park with the empty seats. It was a poor way to treat the Motherwell heroes of 20 years ago.”

To add insult to injury, once the stranded passengers eventually did make it back by taxi to Motherwell’s Fir Park, they were then denied access to the club’s Centenary Suite.

The source added: “There was a bit of a do going on in the Centenary Suite on Saturday night.

“When those who were stranded did make it back to Fir Park they were told by a bouncer they could not enter the Centenary Suite as it was a private function. It turned out to be a very eventful cup final day for them!”

Eric Browning, owner of coach firm Browning’s, based in Whitburn, said: “The situation was that my driver had practically a full bus load from about 5.15pm that evening. Other passengers asked him if he could leave at that point.

“However, he explained that for some reason, possibly part of the hospitality package, he had to hold back until 6pm.

“By two minutes to six the remaining passengers were nowhere to be seen.

“At this point he decided to leave for the return journey.”

See we were not alone in having bus trouble on saturday,from this weeks Hamilton Advertiser.

Motherwell's 1991 heroes left stranded at Hampden

May 26 2011 by Leona Greenan, Hamilton Advertiser

MOTHERWELL 1991 Scottish Cup-winning heroes suffered a double disappointment on Saturday.

The team, who were guests of honour at Hampden Park for the 2011 final, first watched Celtic beat Stuart McCall's Steelmen 3-0.

Then they returned to the stadium car park, in pouring rain, to discover their bus had left without them.

The ex-players had enjoyed hospitality at Hampden, tickets to the game, and they should have had return journey back to Motherwell aboard a coach supplied by West Lothian firm Browning's.

A post-match party back at Fir Park's Centenary Suite was also promised.

However, according to people travelling with the former 'Well stars, the bus left five minutes before the arranged 6pm departure time – leaving them stranded at a soggy Hampden.

One fan who travelled on the same hospitality coach, and did not wish to be named, said he was shocked the Motherwell Football Club heroes had been treated in such a way.

He told the Advertiser: "We were on a specially-organised bus that was supposed to leave Hampden at 6pm on Saturday evening.

"However at 5.54pm the driver took it upon himself to go – leaving 12 seats empty. Most of those seats had been occupied by ex-players who had been part of the Scottish Cup winning team of 1991.

"Those of us on the bus were in disbelief. The driver was approached and asked to wait and he simply said if the other bus was leaving so was he!"

The source continued: "It was pouring with rain and 12 people were stranded.

"I was very angry when the bus drew out of the car park with the empty seats. It was a poor way to treat the Motherwell heroes of 20 years ago."

To add insult to injury, once the stranded passengers eventually did make it back by taxi to Motherwell's Fir Park, they were then denied access to the club's Centenary Suite.

The source added: "There was a bit of a do going on in the Centenary Suite on Saturday night.

"When those who were stranded did make it back to Fir Park they were told by a bouncer they could not enter the Centenary Suite as it was a private function. It turned out to be a very eventful cup final day for them!"

Eric Browning, owner of coach firm Browning's, based in Whitburn, said: "The situation was that my driver had practically a full bus load from about 5.15pm that evening. Other passengers asked him if he could leave at that point.

"However, he explained that for some reason, possibly part of the hospitality package, he had to hold back until 6pm.

"By two minutes to six the remaining passengers were nowhere to be seen.

"At this point he decided to leave for the return journey."

If that's true then that's disgraceful. Bad enough that the '91 team has their bus leave without them leaving them stranded but to then be refused entry to the Centenery Suite just adds insult to injury. Very poor way to treat them.

I was on Bus 23 from Fir Park and assumed we would be going into the Coach Park at Hampden when we got there so when we drove past that, we just got off and walked it seeing as the steward told us he wasn't sure where we were going to be parking. I thought that was a joke to be honest as all the Fir Park buses had official passes on the front of them that should have allowed them into Hampden but obviously the Polis had other ideas. I can't fault the club for that however I can't help thinking we should have left Motherwell a lot earlier than we did considering we knew we would have to go over the Kingston Bridge then down through Shawlands on a Saturday afternoon when the traffic is bad enough but on Cup Final day it was always going to be even slower than normal so possibly the car park was full by the time we arrived at twenty to three.

I was on Bus 19 with the missus and the wean. Traffic through Glasgow was chronic but seemed to be making good time heading towards Shawlands then Old Bill on a motorbike sent the driver the long way and he ended up parked at the wrong side of Victoria Hospital. Most of the bus got off and started to walk to the ground, I spoke to the driver and said that, as an official club bus we should be parking at the Stadium. The driver explained that he had been sent down what was the wrong road by Old Bill and didnt know how to get to Hampden from where we were as he had never been before (!). The driver was getting pelters from a few who I had to tell to calm down as the driver was a decent bloke and was trying his best. Then some woman on the bus started to give the G4S Security Guy earache which was bang out of order as he was on the phone trying to find out what was occurring.

The G4S guy confirmed with someone on his phone that we should be parked at the stadium itself so I sat behind the driver and directed him to the stadium car park. Got in just at kick off and the coach was waiting at the Car Park at the end. After a bit of a wait the driver got his way to where he had originally parked and picked up the rest of the bus. When we got back to Fir Park I made a point of thanking both the driver and the G4S guy for the effort they had made as both looked fucked off with the grief they had got from a few.

I was on Bus 19 with the missus and the wean. Traffic through Glasgow was chronic but seemed to be making good time heading towards Shawlands then Old Bill on a motorbike sent the driver the long way and he ended up parked at the wrong side of Victoria Hospital. Most of the bus got off and started to walk to the ground, I spoke to the driver and said that, as an official club bus we should be parking at the Stadium. The driver explained that he had been sent down what was the wrong road by Old Bill and didnt know how to get to Hampden from where we were as he had never been before (!). The driver was getting pelters from a few who I had to tell to calm down as the driver was a decent bloke and was trying his best. Then some woman on the bus started to give the G4S Security Guy earache which was bang out of order as he was on the phone trying to find out what was occurring.

The G4S guy confirmed with someone on his phone that we should be parked at the stadium itself so I sat behind the driver and directed him to the stadium car park. Got in just at kick off and the coach was waiting at the Car Park at the end. After a bit of a wait the driver got his way to where he had originally parked and picked up the rest of the bus. When we got back to Fir Park I made a point of thanking both the driver and the G4S guy for the effort they had made as both looked fucked off with the grief they had got from a few.

I was on Bus 19 with my wife and we were among the folk who got off and legged it to Hampden (and back again) in the rain, totally unaware the bus had been moved. Didn't mind too much for myself, but my wife's 5 months pregnant and could've done without the hassle.

I don't blame the club for this, but the lack of information when we were waiting to be picked up after the match was annoying. The same thing obviously happened with several buses and there were a load of kids, older and infirm folk hanging around gettin soaked. If one of the other drivers or 'stewards' had been able to explain the situation it would've made things a wee bit easier.

So much for the plods all being Masons...

I was on bus 29 and other than paying double from the semi and having to provide our own toilet, it was grand.

Got in with time to spare and driver left a bit earlier than the 6 he was supposed to leave.

My son did the draw for the ball and his mate won it.

I'd like to know how the price of the bus doubled for the same journey.