Looks Like We Missed Out

makaveli

Watching him at half time, he had a lot of fancy tricks but they weren't for going past players - they were all to get the ball to his right foot as he refused to kick it with his left. I've got a thing about one footed players (unless they've got enough with their good foot to make up for it) so that annoyed me. He got so few games as we always had better options - so he had to go.

No he didn't!

Did you go to his one game that he got the full 90 minutes? Against Killy I think, he had at least 3 fresh air shots inside the 6 yard box, including one infront of a fucking empty net! The guy was atrocious. All he would be usefull for in a footballing capacity is standing in Buchanan Street, showing off tricks!

Pretty sure McCall has now replaced him with a training cone

• Like 1

Long and short is both Brown and McCall (to a lesser extend Youngie too) watched him in training day in, day out and if he was showing all these signs of mesmeric brilliance he would have surely featured more than he did.

I'm tend to go with the judgement of a former Scotland manager with x years in management and a former Scottish internationalist as to who is good enough to feature in their team when their reputation and job security is on the line.

How he got the gig here in the first place and got past Brown and Knox still mystifies me. Personally I'd recommend the UK's most hated woman, Heather Mills hire Hammerfist as her PR advisor, she'd have a talkshow on primetime and get a MBE from Lizzie within 6 months.

All the best son, no offence but stick to football on your PlayStation or Subbetto.

Case closed.

They really should bring out a Subbuteo PS3 or Xbox360 game...already it for Lego so why not?!

Whoever holds the licence now just plain aren't interested in developing the brand outwith using it to flog wallets, socks, washbags. All cheap options obviously. There was a computer game years ago but didn't amount to anything.

• Like 1

Why not just get the proper game out? It works as a few on here will testify.:thumbup:

Slightly off topic but always thought what was the point of having a Darts game for one of the consoles? Subbuteo would probably go into that category for me as well.

I would if I had any idea where you could get it. Loved that game. Although hated playing on those fucking pitches people refused to keep flat...

Unfortunately it would have to be ebay purchase, the one they sell now is utter cack, wee laminated cut-outs of 'famous' players you stick into the base.

Still pick up a 1980's box set on ebay for less than you'd pay for one of those new things.

As for the pitch, spent hours ironing them buggers but found an astropitch in a collectors shop last year or maybe year before. Top banana that is. :thumbup:

I'll take full responsibility for thread going off tangent, however surely Subbuteo is more worthy of discussion :whistling:

Anyways that Zeugo mob I think set up their own independent brand cos Hasbro or whoever were messing about with their plans for the game. There is still a vibrant Subbuteo community, clubs playing in leagues, National and International competitions etc and they need equipment. With Subbuteo more or less redundant the Italians took up the baton and produced Zeugo, not quite as good but a good effort. Something like that anyway

• Like 1

At risk of dragging this thread back on topic when gloria missed a tap in at Stranraer his days were numbered, I could have scored that one and I'm 40+ and never a fitba player in anyones imagination.

Bye Gloria don't let the door hit yer arse on the way out.

when gloria missed a tap in at Stranraer his days were numbered

They somehow managed to omit that shocker from the promotional video.

There is no doubt that the goal machine has earned himself a place in Motherwell folklore, unfortunately for all the wrong reasons.

Anyone fancy creating a classic team of epic failures? I’m sure someone like Kampman, Malpas or Hynd will be up for the managers job.

Why not just get the proper game out? It works as a few on here will testify.:thumbup:

I've been present at a Tourney or two!

A few Becks and a Gemme Subbuteo, was a fine time.

Done the knuckle in me flicking finger though, Had to retire for the second time

I can't remember the missed sitter at Stranraer but the game in general was fairly forgettable. I do remember a couple of fresh air shots and sclaffs when he should have done better at Fir Park. Fancy flicks but no end product unfortunately.

And I'll have to look up my parents' loft to see if the old subbuteo set's still there. Don't know what state the pitch will be in.

Can't believe this crap is still going on even after he's been shown the bloody door. Makes me miss Abel Thermus. facepalm.gif

+1 :nod: he should never have been given a contract in the first place, how much money did the club waste on this Fud, that could have been better spent elsewhere.

I'll take full responsibility for thread going off tangent, however surely Subbuteo is more worthy of discussion :whistling:

Anyways that Zeugo mob I think set up their own independent brand cos Hasbro or whoever were messing about with their plans for the game. There is still a vibrant Subbuteo community, clubs playing in leagues, National and International competitions etc and they need equipment. With Subbuteo more or less redundant the Italians took up the baton and produced Zeugo, not quite as good but a good effort. Something like that anyway

MOTHERWELL 1ST 2010. NEW ZEUGO RANGE REF 204.£9.99 £7.99

Zgo497.jpg

What u reckon Fatcalf....up to scratch ?????