• Stephen Craigan
    • Chris Humphrey
    • Steve Jennings
    • Michael Higdon
    • Keith Lasley
    • Jamie Murphy
    • Gary Smith
    • Null Vote

A very tough call, lots of good performances today. My vote went to Nicky Law, who for me was the spark that ignited the outstanding team display.

stevie hammel for me was great today , if it wasnt for his height he'd be a shoe in for scotland , he plays well every single week the balls he played over the top today and his wingplay was great and good to see him getting his first goal in 7 years couldve got a couple today but

I picked Law because he wasn't afraid to take people on and combined well with Hammell and Murphy. Higdon wasn't too sharp today, but that can be easily fixed. All in all, a great team performance especially in the first half topped off by an early contentder for goal of the season, let's just hope this can continue :thumbup:

• Like 1

Best Display by Hammell in years, outstanding today!! I dont think its a coincidence that he played well as Law was in front of him, If Law hadnt ran out of steam in the 2nd half i think he'd have got the man of the match from me!!

I remember how Tom Boyd got stale at Fir Park and had been torture to watch until Cooper signed then he became an exceptional full back!! I'm not saying Law is a Cooper but he's a clever ball player with great awareness, i think him and Hammel will give teams a nightmare down the left hand side this season!!

Wee Murphy deserves a mention again as he's improving with confidence every week, McCall deserves a bit of credit for this as well i think!!

loving reading everyones views after what must have been a challenger to McGhees first at love st as best opening game for ballplay

it's going to be good watching the other teams think the have the measure of us after the first 8 or 9 weeks and McCall then releases Nicky Law down the right on his good foot

• Like 2

Can't disagree with the sponsors, Stevie Hammell was superb today. Looks like we could have an astounding left-side this season, Hammell -> Law -> Murphy could be our best left-side setup since Hammell -> Pearson -> McFadden...

• Like 1

Can't disagree with the sponsors, Stevie Hammell was superb today. Looks like we could have an astounding left-side this season, Hammell -> Law -> Murphy could be our best left-side setup since Hammell -> Pearson -> McFadden...

agree with that. absolutely.

I can't pick out a winner here, I thought the whole team were great, I don't remember a stray pass or any kind of blunder. Even Craigan (almost) made a 40yard cross field pass to open up the play. Really solid display.

I have been saying it all pre-season but I think we have a fantastic starting eleven who I wouldn't trade for any player our level in the league (was discussing today, I wouldn't take anyone from Aberdeen)

Won £30 quid thanks to todays team effort too. I pick ME for man of the match for betting on Motherwell to win a season opener. drinks.gif

Said the exact thing to my Brother-in-Law after the Leeds game and still stand by it. And again, I agree with the sponsors decision, but I though everyone played their part.

Impressed how comfortable the defence were on the ball - well Hutchy and Craigan, as Hammell and Hateley you expect it. Passing around the back, left, right and centre from both centrehalves today was excellent. Hope to see more of that football :D

Hammell just edged it for me aswell. Have seen Nicky Law since the first friendly match and said all along that this guy has got what it takes to perform well in the SPL. Could have went for a number of players today to be honest but went for Hammell. If all the players keep it up throughout the season this MOTM could be close come the end of the season!

Mon The 'Well!!! :thumbup:

I have to agree with the MOTM - Stevie Hammell. Although Law, Murphy et al well all great as well. I think Law will be a big player for us this season and will recieve many more awards as MOTM.

And Hammell's goal, scudded off tthe post, off Ession's face and in the back of the net!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: