Jamie Murphy - Is This His Year?

David

not only has he proved me wrong but he has the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea scouts all over him , and that shows you what improvements you can make to a players ability just with a better standard of coaching and training with higher quality of players .

Or perhaps he was just that good before he went, but the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea weren't willing to take a look at him until he'd proved himself somewhere closer to their own level than Accies...

@MJC, but thats not what you said :rolleyes:

I'd agree he has more chance of games at Ibrox but almost no chance of a regular game at Celtic

still dont think he'd be a regular at either unless there is an injury crisis that he would be sure to benefit from

Okay I'll put my hands up and admit I worded that wrong.

He has more chance of a regular game at Ibrox but even if he went to Celtic I still think he'd get his chance even if he wasn't an automatic first team starter. Celtic will want strength and depth to their squad for the domestic and Europa league campaigns this season and Jamie Murphy would definately provide that. I think you'll see some of their fringe players moving on before the end of August, like Daryl Murphy, maybe even Shaun Maloney, players who don't seem to be going anywhere at Celtic Park so maybe they'll see Jamie Murphy as one for the future.

But anyway, even if he doesn't get near the first team at Celtic, he'll still be trebling his wages should he sign for them and that's what does the talking in football. If Celtic want him and they are prepared to pay a fee for him and he wants to go there, he will go, simple as that.

Of course there are exceptions - McCarthy being one of them. I believe he was a better player than Murphy when he headed south; although that might not be a popular view on here.

However, there are 10 times more payers that struggle for a season and come crawling back up to Scotland after one season.

Come on David, never going to see £2m. £1m plus add ons and club would defo accept in my opinion.

As I said, if we don't see £2 million then we refuse to sell. That's what I would do anyway.

Considering the money that English clubs are tossing around for players these days £2 million is pocket change.

i am confident that murphy will not go to the old firm, why on earth woud the board sell him to our league rivals when there are clubs down south willing to pay the same money if not more? another possible advantage of selling to an EPL club like wigan is that if we sell him for say £1.5-2 million and then get a deal that he will be loaned backed to us to 'develop' for one final year we will be able to bring in a couple more quality players and have a really challenge in the league this year.

also he may not be at the EPL standard yet, or physically but the EPL managers and scouts know exactly what there looking for and if there properly interested then he clearly is a prospect at that level.

Come on David, never going to see £2m. £1m plus add ons and club would defo accept in my opinion.

Stoke City, Tottenham Hotspur, Wolverhampton Wanderers and West Bromwich Albion all had scouts at Fir Park for Motherwell’s 3-0 win over Inverness Caledonian Thistle on Saturday, in which Murphy scored the second goal of the match.

_44658580_redknapp_15508_512grab.jpg

we should ask for £3m. it's pocket change to 'arry!

fancy a chuckle :thumbup: ? Clicky Here

To be honest. Although there are some very misinformed voices in that thread... all the correct information about Murphy is there.

Good Scottish player... Would take him for a mill... good for motherwell, might not get a game at Celtic - nothing particularly offends me there.

Express link says he is valued at £1m. By who? The guy that wrote the article? I fucking hate that sort of fuddery

That's £300,000 more than the article the day before linking him to Rangers. If his value keeps going up at this rate we could be rivaling Man City as the richest club in the world.

I half suspect a lot of clubs are looking at David Goodwillie and Jamie Murphy is sort of a 'if we don't get him, we'll go for him' deal.

If Goodwillie gets a transfer in the next couple of weeks I'd expect serious bids to come in for Murphy rather than just the speculation we are seeing at the moment.

Just had a text from a Rangers fan stating that Rangers are supposed to be putting a bid in for Murphy. No source confirmed yet, so not sure if true or a wind up. If the latter it fits in well with the Express story, a load of pish from lazy hacks. :wallbash:

If it happens, it'll be probably similar to their joke bids for Goodwillie and Davidson. They needn't bother.

To be honest. Although there are some very misinformed voices in that thread... all the correct information about Murphy is there.

Good Scottish player... Would take him for a mill... good for motherwell, might not get a game at Celtic - nothing particularly offends me there.

the best bit is the guy talking up the new killie left back who has played 70 mins of senior football which he wouldn't have seen unless he was at tannadice 25 minutes after the celtic game finished on sunday.

i wonder what he likes about him :whistling:

BBC Sport journalist Jane Lewis earlier tweeted

Hearing that #Blackpool are upping their interest in #Motherwell's Jamie Murphy. No bid in as yet. More digging 2 b done!

Thought they were after Goodwillie or maybe a Murphy Goodwillie partnership?

Anyway there's more teams being linked everyday, it's beginning to look unlikely that he will be here beyond the transfer window.

STV with the latest, spot the usual crappy hack mistake.............

TODAY'S RUMOURS

Rangers will sell Bougherra to fund moves for Verhoek and Goodwillie

The Algerian defender could be moved on to generate funds to reinvest in the forward pair (Daily Record)

Celtic interested in Motherwell striker

Jamie Murphy's performances for Motherwell have meant Celtic have joined West Brom and Wolves in the hunt for the striker (Daily Express)

Martinez wants Snodgrass to replace N'Zogbia

Scotland international Robert Snodgrass is wanted by Wigan manager, Robert Martinez as a replacement for Charles N'Zogbia (Daily Mirror)

Wigan added to list of Goodwillie suitors

Jamie Murphy's performances for Motherwell have meant Celtic have joined West Brom and Wolves in the hunt for the striker (Daily Mail

• Like 1

STV with the latest, spot the usual crappy hack mistake.............

TODAY'S RUMOURS

Rangers will sell Bougherra to fund moves for Verhoek and Goodwillie

The Algerian defender could be moved on to generate funds to reinvest in the forward pair (Daily Record)

Celtic interested in Motherwell striker

Jamie Murphy's performances for Motherwell have meant Celtic have joined West Brom and Wolves in the hunt for the striker (Daily Express)

Martinez wants Snodgrass to replace N'Zogbia

Scotland international Robert Snodgrass is wanted by Wigan manager, Robert Martinez as a replacement for Charles N'Zogbia (Daily Mirror)

Wigan added to list of Goodwillie suitors

Jamie Murphy's performances for Motherwell have meant Celtic have joined West Brom and Wolves in the hunt for the striker (Daily Mail

:doh:

Seems the express and the daily mail are using very similar stories these days, sometimes even the same sentances.

Lazy, generate a story journalism as we have all come to expect.

BBC quotes Houston that Goodwillie would prefer to go to an English club.

Hope Murphy is of the same oppinion. Maybe the so called 'desire' for any young Scot to play for either of the old firm has been tempered by the fact that they are 2 shitey clubs feeding off a ongoing sectarian hatred. What player with any real talent would want to get involved with them? Granted you'll always have yer fuckn Bob Malcoms & Paul Slanes, but they are talentless fucks.

What player with any real talent would want to get involved with them? Granted you'll always have yer fuckn Bob Malcoms & Paul Slanes, but they are talentless fucks.

phil o'donnell? 8 of our past 10 managers?

also if you read the bbc story it doesn't say anywhere that goodwillie wants to go to england, just that houston thinks he should.

jim spence seems to be doing most of the reporting on this story for the bbc and he's acting more like an auctioneer for steven thompson than a journalist.

phil o'donnell? 8 of our past 10 managers?

also if you read the bbc story it doesn't say anywhere that goodwillie wants to go to england, just that houston thinks he should.

jim spence seems to be doing most of the reporting on this story for the bbc and he's acting more like an auctioneer for steven thompson than a journalist.

I spoke to him and overheard him + his agent talking bout moves 3 weeks ago in a Dundee hotel, He was talking about Cardiff and another English team saying "Aye Ah wudnae mind playin there like". Didnt hear the other team, Rangers were mentioned but dismissed pretty quickly. And he comes across as a total mongo ned as well