Kilmarnock Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

David

Hopefully your team think its going to be as easy as the majority on here.

We played very well on Sunday and were well deserving of a point at Tannadice. I've been impressed with us pre season and we have Buijis (our main summer signing) and Heffernan to come back on Sunday.

Looking forward to the game, as I reckon both teams will play the ball on the deck.

As for Garry Hay playing left back, I doubt it. Young Rory McKeown played there on Sunday and was immense. He's a speed machine too.

2-1 Killie. Harkins and Kelly.

Hopefully your team think its going to be as easy as the majority on here.

We played very well on Sunday and were well deserving of a point at Tannadice. I've been impressed with us pre season and we have Buijis (our main summer signing) and Heffernan to come back on Sunday.

Looking forward to the game, as I reckon both teams will play the ball on the deck.

As for Garry Hay playing left back, I doubt it. Young Rory McKeown played there on Sunday and was immense. He's a speed machine too.

2-1 Killie. Harkins and Kelly.

a draw away to Utd is a great result - one I certainly would be happy with when we play them there

i dont think Killie will be pushovers - i think we will win, IF we play to our best, but it wont be easy

was certainly looking forward to Humphrey v Hay again - makes me laugh everytime, so disappointed to read that he might not be playing

i think score draw!!

Wait a minute, on Saturday we got lucky, luck we deserved, but ICT could and should have scored 2/3 goals. It was a good win, but keep the feet firmly planted on the ground.

Ditto from me. Good to see all the positives posts for a change, but like I did not believe all negative posts I do not believe we are as good as people believe.

We hit the post it went in of the goalies head, they hit the post it comes back out - twice. Yes we played well, especially in the 1st half and deserved to win, but it was closer than the scoreline suggests.

As for Killie. Last seasons strategy of re-building an entire team paid off thanks to Mixu astute signings. Whilst I do not think they have the same quality I still believe this tactic could yet again pay off for them this season. An away draw at Tannadice is a good start.

We need to reach the heights we did 1st half last Saturday. If we do we may well get a narrow win. If we do not then Killie will take advantage and get a draw at least.

Hopefully Murphy will still be there. Q is do we want him to play well :evilgrin:

Young Rory McKeown played there on Sunday and was immense. He's a speed machine too.

His goal made Lasley's look ordinary. He was substituted with Garry Hay coming on, was it an injury, 'protecting' a young player or simply a case of putting on an old experienced campaigner for the last 20 minutes?

His goal made Lasley's look ordinary. He was substituted with Garry Hay coming on, was it an injury, 'protecting' a young player or simply a case of putting on an old experienced campaigner for the last 20 minutes?

I think he had a slight knock. He won't play tonight vs Sunderland but I expect him to start Saturday. Very impressive display for a 18 debutant.

i thought the keeper should saved it.

a lot of power but it was down the middle.

i thought the keeper should saved it.

a lot of power but it was down the middle.

Agreed. It was a good strike but the keeper was at fault. Reminded me of Konterman's goal against Dubourdeau at Hampden.

Good goal but Lasley's was far better for the sheer fact that no keeper in the world was getting near it, whereas I'd expect most goalkeepers to be disappointed with conceeding a goal like McKeown's.

Agreed. It was a good strike but the keeper was at fault. Reminded me of Konterman's goal against Dubourdeau at Hampden.

Good goal but Lasley's was far better for the sheer fact that no keeper in the world was getting near it, whereas I'd expect most goalkeepers to be disappointed with conceeding a goal like McKeown's.

it's one of those ones where the keeper jumps up and backwards and ends up off balance and missing the ball. pernis is 6 ft 3" he could have easily got a glove on it without leaving the ground.

still a cracking strike though.

I have my usual good feeling about this one, i feel that confidence will be high from a good start, if we can keep the tempo up i believe a good win is on the cards, cant see us keeping a clean sheet as Saturday was testiment to that with luck on our side. I reckon a good 3-1 win for Motherwell with goals from Higdon, Law, Humphrey.

1-3 Motherwell

Thinking this will be a harder match than I thought when fixtures were released. Great point for Killie at the weekend and they seem to have a few good players who had eluded me.

Will be an entertaining game with us running out 3-2 winners with goals from Higdon, Murphy and Hammell.

I recently found ALBA on Virgin (thinking it was only on Sky) so reckon I'll avoid the result and watch as live seeing as how Kilmarnock ain't the easiest journey from Edinburgh

MON RA DOSSERS

I am expecting us to take 3 points from Killie. Though without doubt more than a little fortunate to keep a clean sheet on Saturday our back line will be that bit sharper from a competetive match and imo will find the Killie front line easier to handle. We now know how dangerous our threat going forward is with the arrival of Law and Higdon but so will other clubs meaning they won't want to expose their back four to that and may adopt a more conservative approach. I know it sounds mad but we might just see teams around our level being scared to push onto us this season if we keep all our players(one more season please Jamie) and remain injury free. They might find themselves on the wrong end of a heavy defeat.

Thinking this will be a harder match than I thought when fixtures were released. Great point for Killie at the weekend and they seem to have a few good players who had eluded me.

Will be an entertaining game with us running out 3-2 winners with goals from Higdon, Murphy and Hammell.

I recently found ALBA on Virgin (thinking it was only on Sky) so reckon I'll avoid the result and watch as live seeing as how Kilmarnock ain't the easiest journey from Edinburgh

MON RA DOSSERS

What Channel is ALBA on Virgin please?

I will be surprised if its easy on Saturday, it never usually is at Killie. If we take the positives from the ICT game into Saturday I foresee a Motherwell win, but if we go behind I just wonder if we have enough from the bench to make a difference.

Killie will be an unknown quantity this season given so many players have left, so its tough to predict how it'll go. I'd be happy with any win, and I'm going to say 1-0 with Higdon opening his account.

At the moment it is vital we pick up as many points as possible, we have a very small squad. The first quarter of the season will probably see us with our strongest 11 on the park so we must make use of this. Also something to consider is we are at our best when we play the ball on the ground with pace. The pitches in Scotland allow that at the moment so again time to take advantage whilst we can. And for those two reasons another 3pts for the league leaders.

Does any one think that the tabloids will use the line Killie to host League Leaders :evilgrin: