Kilmarnock Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

David

what blistering heat have the players had to play in and as for the pitches they'll be anything but rock hard

Lighten up, it was an attempt to make excuses for the players nothing else!

Your top of the SPL stop moaning for god sake, i was being light hearted and as normal a post from myself sets the head hunters off on a tangent.

We have a pants manager.

We are pants at the back.

We cant cross.

We cant score.

We cant create.

We cant attack away from home.

We cant score goals.

We cant take players on.

We cant find players in the box.

The list is never ending.

But what we can do is( bloody moan) for Scotland.

We have 4 points in 2 games, and are sitting on the top of the SPL.

But we CANT stay there can we.

Your top of the SPL stop moaning for god sake, i was being light hearted and as normal a post from myself sets the head hunters off on a tangent.

We have a pants manager.

We cant cross.

We cant score.

We cant create.

We cant score goals.

We cant take players on.

you talk some amount of shite

• Like 1

Great day out yesterday, belter of a tan i've got now. Hope no one was scarred for life when i had the top off!

On to the game, i thought we played some decent stuff but just didn't trouble Bell enough. They gave Randolph four or five saves to make but i can't really remember troubling the keeper. Humphrey had a mare, so did Hateley behind him. Law seemed like a bit of a shitebag and when he was clean though he took to long to get the shot away. It really worries me that we have nothing on the bench that could really come on and impact the team.

Anyhoo a point away from home is always a good point....and were still top of the league!

• Like 1

We have a pants manager.

We cant cross.

We cant score.

We cant create.

We cant score goals.

We cant take players on.

Do you want us to list all the excuses and reasons you've made while jumping to Humphrey's defence in any of your three guises?

To be fair, since McCall came in I've noticed that Humphrey appears to be instructed to stay on the halfway line, receive the ball, take a touch then attempt to take on the covering defender. I don't think at present he's a good enough footballer to do that. He is/was best used staying in his own half (to beat offside), ball over the top and using his pace to chase it down.

As for his final ball, the majority of the time he seems to pick a daisy cutter when a floaty cross to the back post is required, a whippy cross to the near post when a cut back to the penalty spot is needed, etc .....

I'm sure his decision making will improve over time.

Here is a stat for you. Last time we played Killie at Rugby Park we were scudded 3-1 going on 7-1. This time we more than matched them with what you could say is a weaker squad.

Also last time we played ICT we were beaten 3-0 and again it could have been 5 or 6. This time we soundly beat them.

Get a fucking grip you lot.

Great day out yesterday, belter of a tan i've got now. Hope no one was scarred for life when i had the top off!

On to the game, i thought we played some decent stuff but just didn't trouble Bell enough. They gave Randolph four or five saves to make but i can't really remember troubling the keeper. Humphrey had a mare, so did Hateley behind him. Law seemed like a bit of a shitebag and when he was clean though he took to long to get the shot away. It really worries me that we have nothing on the bench that could really come on and impact the team.

Anyhoo a point away from home is always a good point....and were still top of the league!

Randolph had mostly straightforward saves to make, ones you would expect him to make. Bell had to make two outstanding saves to keep out McHugh and Jennings, plus in the first half he should have been picking the ball out of the net from Jamie from 3yds and Hutch`s header fom 6yds. We should have come away with 3 points if we had shown some killer instinct , but overall a draw in , what was a very entertainig game, was not a disaster. :cheers: i

Is their debt not all due to the Park Hotel though? Not sure how it works but I would presume the banks view that as security hence allowing them to keep trading. Maybe squirrelhumper can enlighten us?

The vast majority of the Debt is due to the loans taken out to build the hotel, it just doesn't make enough profit to pay back the loan that was taken out to build it.

Our debt was circa £13m at one point, it will be around £8m once the next set of figures are released.

Our budget has been cut quite drastically, think KS has £500,000 a season less than what Jefferies had in his last season. KS just seems to have contacts inm which have enabled us to sign a few decent players.

I'd imagine we'lll be paying Buijis & Harkins decent money (close to £2k a week) but the likes of McKeown, Dayton (who we signed from Glenn Hoddle Academy), etc will be on lower wages.

Dayton is a cracking find and looks a really good player. Shame he missed most of last season after having a very good start.

I would be suprised if our budget is more than Motherwell's, it just takes a bit of imagination from the manager to get value for money. We aren't signing too many Scottish based players, as the wages are high in comparison to those in Europes, hence why we've signed, Silva, Gros etc.

Here is a stat for you. Last time we played Killie at Rugby Park we were scudded 3-1 going on 7-1. This time we more than matched them with what you could say is a weaker squad.

Also last time we played ICT we were beaten 3-0 and again it could have been 5 or 6. This time we soundly beat them.

Get a fucking grip you lot.

Agree with what you are saying, but need to bear in mind that both Kille and ICT have lost arguably their best players of last season as well.

We lost our top goal scorer!

Which he attained from a 2 month purple patch in the 3rd quarter of the season.

I see what you are saying mate but realistically we are the Cup runners up, mostly with an unchanged squad and maintained player budget(not decimated by £1/2 million) as squirrelhumper has pointed out. We've also added Law to even out our wings. We played a team who should still be shouting "haw .... erm .... thingy, easy ball to whitshisname" to each other.

Going on my expectations on building on last season, as that is what you'd like to expect year on year without management changes and rebuilding a complete new squad as we've had to do in the recent past, then away games such as this we should be more dominant. Unfortunately it appeared a few players weren't firing on all cylinders.

Which he attained from a 2 month purple patch in the 3rd quarter of the season.

I see what you are saying mate but realistically we are the Cup runners up, mostly with an unchanged squad and maintained player budget(not decimated by £1/2 million) as squirrelhumper has pointed out. We've also added Law to even out our wings. We played a team who should still be shouting "haw .... erm .... thingy, easy ball to whitshisname" to each other.

Going on my expectations on building on last season, as that is what you'd like to expect year on year without management changes and rebuilding a complete new squad as we've had to do in the recent past, then away games such as this we should be more dominant. Unfortunately it appeared a few players weren't firing on all cylinders.

Are we playing better football from last season?

Yes and no, too many wayward passes in both league games in the middle third. Law offers a bit of balance and means we aren't as reliant on Humphrey. I don't look at the last 6 games as any guide as McCall was tinkering.

Some may have been fooled by the ICT game, I thought if they went 2-1 up as they should have (Foran's 20 yeard miss and hitting the post) then it would have obviously changed the game in the second half and we wouldn't be sitting in first place. So far we've yet to see how we cope coming from behind (nice place to be granted). Terry Butcher's summary was pretty much on the button for me.

I know what you mean (and agree with most of it), but having watched the highlights a few times I still think Randolph had Foran's post strike covered.

I do think we have the right balance of grit and finesse to come back from a deficit, but hopefully we won't be tested like that too often.

The vast majority of the Debt is due to the loans taken out to build the hotel, it just doesn't make enough profit to pay back the loan that was taken out to build it.

And there ends the one time debate about us incorporating 'other revenue streams' in any potential new stadium. Stick to fitba', it's what we do best.