Half Time Entertainment @ Fir Park

EightSixteen

50 members have voted

1. 1. Has half time entertainment improved at FP?

• Yes.
    • No, not really.
    • No -it's actually worse.

Usually I don't pay much attention to the half time entertainment at Fir Park, however, I think the club seem to have 'upped the anty' at half time to the point I'm actually entertained! I thought the Hearts game might have been a one off but it seems that it's going to be consistent throughout the season.

I had a good laugh at the two lads sliding around the pitch on the "Convert for Cash" challenge. It actually looked like free money to me as Claret clearly isn't as gifted as Randy in goals. When that was over, I found myself following the wee kiddy game of football infront of the East Stand and was cheering & clapping when one of the lads scored a goal. :yahoo:

It might not be to everyone's taste but I certainly thought that it was good, light hearted fun for ALL ages & I'd happily welcome more of that in future at Fir Park! :thumbup:

(Here's the link for anyone on Facebook who fancys having a go at this Saturday's CONVERT FOR CASH challenge at half time -good luck!)

How can you not love a middle aged man with cuban heels on slide up on his arse before rocketing a passpack past a man in a bear suit which not even an extra on Rainbow in the 1970s wouldve been embarrassed to wear!!

Cutting edge entertainment i feel!! :)

ps, sorry if i've wasted anything for our younger posters by stating Claret is not an actual Real Burgundy Bear!!

• Like 1

How can you not love a middle aged man with cuban heels on slide up on his arse before rocketing a passpack past a man in a bear suit which not even an extra on Rainbow in the 1970s wouldve been embarrassed to wear!!

Cutting edge entertainment i feel!! :)

ps, sorry if i've wasted anything for our younger posters by stating Claret is not an actual Real Burgundy Bear!!

See I've known that for ages, I mean what were the chances of getting 2 tame real bears at the same football club whistling.gif

Little known fact... Prior to the bear costumes, a lad I knew was in the tunnel about to lead the teams out in a mobile phone costume as we were sponsored by Motorola when the then club secretary called a halt to proceedings with his reasoning still a mystery.

Just read that in that old thread, magic :thumbup:

Half-times at Fir Park for me are all about texting a wee half-time update to my old man and any mates who haven't made it along. If there's time and the signal allows after that I'll maybe have a coupon check on the phone too.

But aye, the CC Challenge wasn't bad against Hearts and I found myself glancing up from the phone and watching.

I think as long we don't return to the days of having some 'Well stalwart reduced to pulling a 50/50 ticket winner out a poly bag or having Old Firm shirts as raffle prizes then whether they continue with the CC challenge, have mini-games, crossbar challenge, 10 second challenge or whatever I'm not too fussed.

Half time entertainment to me was always the other half-time scores from around the league.

A: 1 - 0

B: 0 - 0

C: 2 - 1

etc.

and then having to decipher them from the programme.

Not exactly the Da Vinci Code, laugh.gif but a novel idea by Motherwell in an attempt to get more people to buy the match day programme.

Also brings back memories of the ball boy walking around the pitch holding up the lucky programme numbers.