David Kelly

swami

Was certainly in the twilight of his career but decent nontheless. Remember the Hearts goal and the flick for Strongs goal against Celtic in particular. Don't think he ever played for us in the masters normally teams up wi the Don for Wolves. Most famous for scoring the goal for the ROI game in Dublin abandoned at 1-0 due to crowd trouble by Englands finest.

He was an Irish International who played around 20-25 games for us in 2001-2002 season. We got him from either Sheff Utd or Tranmere from memory and then he had a bust up with Eric Black during a cup game with Dunfermline(think it was the game the lad got onto the roof of their East Stand and we got beat) and don't think he ever played again for us.

He's was Billy Davies' assistant manager at Notts Forest up until last season.

845ac18d.jpg

it wasn't the cup game

we got the train up and as we hit the bridge over the forth it was fog everywhere

wish it would have stayed as we were pish

[/b]For some reason, I associate David Kelly with that day. Having said that, I also associate Derek Adams with that day as he was especially shite :blink:

Sorry just read Wee grafters post about the cup tie and Kelly :blush:

I remember Adams getting interviewed on the official site about two years later and he criticised the fans for the level of abuse he took that day!