Overreaction

fatcalf

My boy said to me during the game yesterday 3-0 was a disaster, I told him wait until it's a pish team scudding us 3-0 at home and see how you feel.Our purplest patch in recent memory and c***s still moan.

At least the Fans Club beat Rangers in the morning to get their League Cup campaign off to a flyer, not all doom and gloom :thumbup:

PS Evan's team got a 4-3 result in the Weej as well, trust the big team tae let us down.:tumbleweed:

How you get to say c***s without interference and when I quoted it the asterisks came back?

I fuckn' love this board after a defeat, total heroes to zeroes scenario. :thumbup:

Long may it continue, fair brightens up a gloomy Monday morning

Thats what I thought as well reading this place lastnight. Totally forgot that McCall got us top 6, a cup final and technically joint top of the league after 5 games.

I fuckn' love this board after a defeat, total heroes to zeroes scenario. :thumbup:

It's outrageous and must stop!! "Overreaction" is one word, not two. And this from the published author, no less.

I have sat back today and went through the game from start to finnish, yes i must admit like most i am gutted with the result, although i did think we had a chance on Sunday, for large parts of the game we matched them and i would even go as far as to say we out passed them , the difference between the sides apart from a whole host of internationals up front was the ability to finnish the moves off with shots on goal. Rangers and Celtic are very good teams who have what it takes to finnish games off 9 times out of 10.

I cant see any other club in the SPL doing that to us this season. Rangers and Celtic aside, i honestly think we are playing some good stuff at the mo and with the odd signing have the ability to finnish in the top 3 or 4.

We were out thought yesterday not fought, i am still positive about the Team and am looking forward to another interesting season ahead beit frustrating at times or not.

Next!

Would never have argued for the hero's myself. 3-0 ICT, 0-0 Killie, 0-1 Saints, 1-0 Hearts is a nice we run but not the stuff of legends. That not one of these teams could score against what it still a suspect Well defence says more about the shit standard of SPL football rather than the heros that play for Motherwell.

Yesterday was pish and was like watching a training session for 45 mins. Very disappointing day at the football for me but it is each to their own so for those that remain philosophical about it, good on them.

Got a reaction out of you at least, naebody else noticed. Poor show.:whistling:

I thought you'd picked up some spelling tips from your facebook pals :P

You're spot on with your original point, though. I was a bit disappointed by getting turned over again by Rangers, but have come to expect that. Big picture is that even while a couple of loan signings short, we have put a fair number of points on the board early on, which immediately takes some pressure off the team.

The style of football being played is also heading in a positive direction and it was definitely a bonus to be in top spot there for a while.

The best start to a season I can remember for many years.

As several posters on here have pointed out im either sugar or shite. :laugh: . I felt like shite with our pathetic display on sunday but i'll be sugar if we win our next 2 games and candy floss toffee doughnut knickerbocker glory if Higdon scores in either game and starts to prove me wrong. :laugh:

At least the Fans Club beat Rangers in the morning to get their League Cup campaign off to a flyer, not all doom and gloom :thumbup:

PS Evan's team got a 4-3 result in the Weej as well, trust the big team tae let us down.:tumbleweed:

How you get to say c***s without interference and when I quoted it the asterisks came back?

Author's privileges :P Aye, Mr Warnock tweeted that they had done the double over Sandbank and 10M Rangers, to which we tweeted good luck for the season and well done. See whit happens when yer a twit?

I thought we were unlucky to be 2-0 down, but rangers have extra quality, and the ability to attack at pace. We are a bit laboured and slow at getting forward, and due to our minimal squad, in the 2nd half had no way to change it or freshen up.

The downside of attacking fullbacks was that we had them both in the final 3rd, and the 2nd and 3rd goals came from balls in behind them.

I spoke to my uncle today(big blue nose) and he said hes not seen a team pile as much players forward as we did in the first half of the game, was great to see a team attack the way we did. He did also say it was better for Rangers as they exploited us on the break a few times. A compliment if ever there was one from a gers fan.

In no way was that result a disaster though, played excellent in the first half but shite in the second half. If Murphys goal counts then its a different game so the margins are very fine. If we beat Clyde then Dunfermline in the next 5 days then this result will be forgotten pretty quickly!

Just think about it with our budget and lack of depth we have been top of the SPL for five weeks!!!

Tell me when was the last time we had a dream start to any League.

Win lose or draw I will cheer, get angry, or be happy wi' a point but whit ever happens I am a Steelman through an through.

C'mon ye 'Well :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

• Like 1

I spoke to my uncle today(big blue nose) and he said hes not seen a team pile as much players forward as we did in the first half of the game, was great to see a team attack the way we did. He did also say it was better for Rangers as they exploited us on the break a few times. A compliment if ever there was one from a gers fan.

I got the typical response, "just too good fur yeese, Murrawell never in the gemme"

:popcorn: Right y'are :rolleyes:

I myself enjoyed the 1st half apart from the Gers goals of course. I was saying to my mate that I cannot recall Motherwell pinning Rangers back, enjoy so much possession and for them to sit so deep.

Granted we lost and granted our gameplan played into their hands, but for the most part we played some decent footie. Against a lesser team we would have got a lot more scoring opportunities.

More of the same this season and we will be top half for sure and pushing for a place in Europe.