Scottish Cup On Saturday

ForthThistle

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shocking tactics from McGhee today but at least we had the spirit to battle back into things in the second half.

2 strikers in the replay please.

Careful, that kind of talk would have got you dog's abuse in the East Stand today. Because we've had a good year and a half under McGhee, you're not allowed to suggest he might have got something wrong...

strange choice of tactics fae mcghee in the first half and that showed in our play cause we were awful first half.second half was much better when we went two up front and sheridan looks like he could be a really good player for us.its a game we shouldve won as for st mirren they would get football stopped with there negative tactics

Hope Jay got a good deal on his panda suit.

Eh? :wallbash:

EDIT: Haha, I see some fine Mod legend has editted my post, and the quote in a couple of replies, to save me having to eat my own shoe! However, no need! The post clearly said that if we didn't progress to the next round I'd do it - we'll still win the reply! But there was never a panda suit involved at any point.

Motherwell will win tomorrow. That's a fact.

In fact, if Motherwell don't progress to the next round I will hold a piece of paper that says "I Love Paisley Panda" and post it on here.

There we go.

We will win.*

* - I hope.

I think it may be in reference to this, not sure though :wallbash:

I think it may be in reference to this, not sure though :)

It originally said I'd eat my own shoe if we didn't progress to the next round, and I had a SO insider on stand-by to edit it if it all went tits up, so it looks like they did!! :wallbash:

But as I said, the point was I'd do it if we didn't progress to the next round. We're not out of the cup yet.

Aw when i was leaving Fir Park although disapointed at not winning i was comforted somewhat by the fact i would get to see a man eat a shoe but it seems that wont happen.

You only have yourself to blame for not reading my post properly!

It originally said I'd eat my own shoe if we didn't progress to the next round, and I had a SO insider on stand-by to edit it if it all went tits up, so it looks like they did!! :wallbash:

But as I said, the point was I'd do it if we didn't progress to the next round. We're not out of the cup yet.

And your shoes arent safe either :)

It was about winning "tomorrow". You can edit it all you like, but we all remember what it said.

Welcher :)

Shoe eating aside, I really hope McGhee comes out and explains why the hell we were going with one man up front at home to St. Mirren.

An absolutely ridiculous decision. Thank Christ he changed it at half time or we'd be nowhere near tomorrow's draw, and I'd be using the rest of the curry sauce from my Indian to give my shoe some flavour.

It was about winning "tomorrow". You can edit it all you like, but we all remember what it said.

Welcher :)

Lies.

It said "winning tomorrow" for roughly three minutes last night, before I bottled it a bit and decided to change it to "progress to the next round". It's not been editted since, apart from a certain Mod.

I can't help it if you sit on the forums awaiting new posts to swoop onto. :wallbash:

The most important point is that before the game even kicked off it clearly said that if we didn't progress to the next round, I'd eat my own shoe. This remains the case. If any Mods or Admin wish to check the times of editting and what was actually editted, they'll confirm that! :)

The shoe-eating video, if it happens, will only be available for UK residents anyway.

Careful, that kind of talk would have got you dog's abuse in the East Stand today. Because we've had a good year and a half under McGhee, you're not allowed to suggest he might have got something wrong...

Well from where I was sitting in the East, every punter was questioning the tactics and performance in the first. Why, if the pitch is in a state, would you do a 4-5-1, flood the midfield with ball winners, when the opposition knows its going to be a long-ball fest and has Flipper and Mehmet up front?

Anyways, we did try to play football in the first half but were totally non-effective for that reason. When we brought on Sheridan, we had a nice 4-4-2 with a decent front pairing, particularly when Dazza came on which gave us 2 natural wide players in wide positions. Seemed logical to me, so why didn'd we start with it and get it sewn up early?

Anyways, Sheridan looks to be a decent shout, nice touch, good at linking, decent pace and in the air, a more than adequate replacement for Porter, but Sutton must be so p***ed off. Oh aye, and Klimpls stepovers in the 2nd :wallbash: The man is clearly a cult hero in the making...

With their new ground having absolutely perfect grass on it, we should be able to pass our way into the next round in the replay. Bizarre tactics today, start with the right mix in the replay and it's there I'd say.

We were by far the better side for MOST of the match, even making allowances for our piss poor first half.

Think we can take the replay if we go forward with the same attitude we had today.

What has happened to Stephen Hughes? Goal aside, w hich he did take well, he was VERY poor and question marks must surely surround his status in the team.

Bizarre starting formation to say the least. Will reserve judegment till it's maybe been explained. Although the media never seem to ask McGhee or Boyle any hard ball questions. Where was Sutton? That a side. That was a poor poor performance in my opinion. Of course we more than deserved to take the game to a replay, and at half time I would have settled for that, but I thought we were very poor. The pitch is absolutely atrocious. The home support today was absysmal and subdued for a cup game.

Can only echo what has been said.

Ridiculous starting line up and formation McGhee!!!

What the hell was that all about. We sign a Left wing forward and play Stephen Hughes in the left wing forward role! The entire first half there was NO players down the left hand side - players loked confused and uncomfortable with their roles. Glad it got changed, DC needs a strike partner and looked better beside Sheridan (who got out of jail at our goal :lol: ).

I fancy us in the replay - then again I fancied us to horse St Mirren today!!

Lies.

It said "winning tomorrow" for roughly three minutes last night, before I bottled it a bit and decided to change it to "progress to the next round". It's not been editted since, apart from a certain Mod.

I can't help it if you sit on the forums awaiting new posts to swoop onto. :lol:

So you admit that's what it said then? It's no my fault I read it at an inconvenient time for you. I don't have time to come back and check to see if people have welched edited their posts.

If Motherwell draw 1 - 1 I will turn up at the replay bollock naked
See, you can edit anything to win an argument :huh:

Yeah, like everyone i thought going 4-5-1 at home in the cup was just plain bizzare at least McGhee changed it round at half time. I agree that goal aside Hughes wasnt up to much but how in gods name does Marc Fitzpatrick get a game, yes i know its been done to death but either the guy has no confidence or is just plain pish. Hes always looking for the easiest pass every time and even then he doesnt always execute it. Hes a nice guy and extremely hard working but he just doesn't seem up to it right now.

See, you can edit anything to win an argument :huh:

You can indeed, however the Mods & Admin will confirm that I haven't edited anything since I got back from the game!

Some folk must have really shit Saturday nights though if they've got nothing better to do than get upset that they're not getting to see someone eating a shoe! :lol:

I don't know whether I should feel happy at still being in the Cup or disappointed that we've blown a chance to go through. Mixture of both a bit really.

Thought it was a strange formation that left us in bother as soon as we went behind. We just really lacked the necessary manpower upfront for us to be able to respond, despite having the bulk of the ball.

Second half was pleased to see another striker on and thought it helped our shape enormously, even if we still weren't at out best. Once we got the goal with the initiative behind us I thought we'd go on and win it but not to be. I don't really think they threatened at all apart from the scare at the death.

Looking on the positive, I'd have taken a replay at half-time so I suppose the fact we're still in there fighting and in the draw should be viewed as such.