Mccall And The Old Firm

Ya Bezzer!

To be fair, I haven't heard or read anything that has been overly critical about S.McCall.

There's 2 camps on these boards in regards to our performances, especially against the O.F.

1. Don't care against O.F....as long as we perform in other matches.

2. Do care (although expect a defeat) but want a tight match.

I'm in the camp of not happy in the manner in which tactics are constantly revamped against the O.F. and one which don't look particularly comfortable with the players.

IMO from watching the celtic match;

Our 4-1-4-1 formation "seemed" to have defenders marking zonally and with celtic's front line constantly running off one another, we appeared totally lost in who was picking up, which saw us constantly opened up on numerous occasions.

(Again to be fair, teams who run at us at pace either on the flanks or through the middle have caused problems for quite a good few seasons now, so that can't be leveled at the present management team, although it does need to be addressed.)

If we're going to defend in numbers, surely we should hold a reasonably higher line than past performances with players picking up and not giving midfield or front players a minute. (In their faces.)

Higdon was isolated again with absolutely no support, so there was no out ball.

£uck it, why not play 4-4-2 and tell everyone to get in about it. Surely we wouldn't do any worse than our recent 0-3/0-4/0-5 results.

It doesn't look like it! How can we do so well in other games yet revert to the capabilities of Cowdenbeath when we play Celtic or Rangers?

Cause Celtc and Rangers are better teams than the rest. Plus our system of play suits the old firm better than it does the rest.

I’ve made this point before, if you can win all your games there is a very good chance you will be champions. Celtic and Rangers will drop points during the season (not many, and certainly not against us! :ph34r:). Believe. :yahoo:

Either there's a couple of words missing there or it's a case of whoever scores the most goals over the 90mins will win the game :laugh:

I was annoyed after the Rangers game a few weeks ago as I felt we showed a pretty inexperienced defence far to much respect, but after I calmed down I realised that the players that made the difference in that game each cost about £4 million each.

Also getting beat 4-0 at Parkhead is not really a shock - it happens most seasons. Maybe a few teams will get freak results there like St Johnstone did earlier in the season, but you wouldn't really be surprised if Celtic or Rangers ended the season unbeaten at home.

Al B is spot on with his comments. When any SPL team plays either Rangers or Celtic their main task is to make sure that when they lose the ball we can cover their runs. Its a confidence issue by far. Also the first goal in these games is a huge factor in the results. Celtic scored after 8 minutes and then dictated the game. If we had scored first it may have been a very different story.

As long as we continue to play as well as we have against the other SPL opponents I will be delighted. Any points gained against the Old Firm is just a bonus. I wish it wasn't, but need just need to stop showing them so much respect and all SPL teams are guilty of this. It almost like its ingrained into them.

Mind you we are seeing the same thing happening in the EPL and La Liga. Two or three teams are now miles ahead of the rest.