Big Hutchie

DEWELL

I wasn't at the game on saturday but reading the comments from McCall sounds like big Hutchie could be out for a while.Im concerned this leaves us in dire straights in defence. Can we make an emergency loan signing outwith the window? Can Johnathon Page step up? Will Glancy be put in central defence even though he wasn't good enough to play there for Kilmarnock. A bit of a worry. Does anyone have an update on Hutchie?

Its definitely a big blow, Hutchie is a cracking player for us and when needed, is probably the one guy in the team that can hit someone hard.

He's posted a picture of his ankle on twitter, doesn't look good. I ruptured my ankle ligaments a few years back playing fives, it swelled up like that, and then went black. Was out of footballing type action for at least 4 months.

Saying that, Im not a professional athlete, nor did I have access to physio's etc, so you would expect he's going to heal much quicker than me. Hopefully its just a bad sprain or something. Hope the big man gets back soon!

It'll be a blow, but I was pretty impressed by Page at centre back at the Clyde game. Wasn't playing against top opposition sure, but his positioning was spot on all night, and looked much better going up for headers than he did last season. I think he can make the step up and cover for a few months if need be.

I would like to see Page get a chance as well but agree with Al B that our back four will most likely be made up of Hateley, Craigan, Clancy and Hammell.

By all accounts Page is one of the most consistent performers in the reserves and it would be good to see him get a chance, especially as this season is likely to be Craigans last.

Page will be back up but now looks likely to get game time. Football is a funny game and whilst injuries to Hutch and Saunders are bad for the team and fans it is a positive for Page who now has a real chance to get on the park on a regular basis and build a career for himself. His aim, possibly along with Clancy, should be to ensure they can't be immeadiatley dropped upon the return of Hutch.

Massive opportunity and when presented he really needs to take it.

Exactly. If Page is ever going to make his breakthrough with us, its now. I know that he was a hit at stirling and he seems to have done well in the cup games he's played in (all be it against lower league opposition). Hopefully he will take his chance and give mcall a real selection headache when hutchy and saunders return!

I doubt Page will start. I fully expect our back four will be Hateley, Clancy, Craigan and Hammell. Personally i'd like to see Page given the opportunity to step up, but I don't think he will be.

Unfortunately I have to agree. I would like to see Page given the opportunity to step up and prove he's worth a spot.