Favourite Motherwell Goal

TigerWoodsMFC

Easily John Spencers goal away at St Johnstone - he went right thru their midfield on his own before launching a screamer from over 30 yards straight into the top corner. Must have been 10 years ago now and we were 3 up by half time but usual squeaky bum time as they came back and we only scraped the win 3-2!!

Cant find it on youtube!!

Going off topic for a sec that might have been the game behind the Perth Tractor Drivers dislike of Stevie Hammell - with the alleged racial abuse of Momo Sylla. And why they took such delight in him being largely responsible for their 2nd on Saturday.

Bruce Cleland's 50 yard effort at Love Street - we still lost, but it was a cracker.

Andy Walker's goal against, I think, Brechin, that secured promotion out the First division.

Too many of Wullie P's to mention.

Alfie Conn's first goal for the club against East Stirling; a delicate wee lob.

Brian McLaughin's against Accies after running half the length of the park and beating about 7 players along the way.

Paul Mill's last minute effort against at Dunfermline.

Paul Smith's goal in the League Cup semi against Celtic.

There have been so many it's difficult to choose a favourite.

Oh, and Andy Lynch's double against Celtic :thumbup:

• Like 1

One that sticks out was a James McFadden effort against Dundee. Pretty sure it was a midweek match. It was at the time when Dundee had a bunch of rather grizzled Argentinian and Italian defenders. Faddy got the ball down by the right hand corner flag, brought it out the corner, skinned the left back, ran across the 18 yard line weaving between two centre halves and then curled one into the top corner! There was just something great about seeing a young kid do that to experienced Serie A defenders.

One that sticks out was a James McFadden effort against Dundee. Pretty sure it was a midweek match. It was at the time when Dundee had a bunch of rather grizzled Argentinian and Italian defenders. Faddy got the ball down by the right hand corner flag, brought it out the corner, skinned the left back, ran across the 18 yard line weaving between two centre halves and then curled one into the top corner! There was just something great about seeing a young kid do that to experienced Serie A defenders.

seen him score a better goal for the Reserves against St Johnstone before he had made the 1st team. Beat just about every player in Blue before knocking the ball past the keeper. Mind thinking to myself that we had a belter on our hands.

Game highlights are in NSFW for that one

Paul Smith's goal in the League Cup semi against Celtic.

And not Walker's equaliser in the same game? Bonner fell for his body swerve so completely he had to pay to get back in! I'm still traumatised by the ending to that game though.

I'd have to go for either O'Neill's semi-final goal or Lucas' equaliser against Hibs just for the sheer drama associated with both goals.

An honourable mention goes to Softy's 35 yard volley at Cappielow.

And not Walker's equaliser in the same game? Bonner fell for his body swerve so completely he had to pay to get back in! I'm still traumatised by the ending to that game though.

It was a close call, but when Smith's went in, I felt the comeback was on (not that we deserved to be 2 down at that stage).

I wasn't sorry to see the square goalposts get replaced at Hampden after that penalty shoot-out!

I'd have to go for either O'Neill's semi-final goal or Lucas' equaliser against Hibs just for the sheer drama associated with both goals.

An honourable mention goes to Softy's 35 yard volley at Cappielow.

It was a close call, but when Smith's went in, I felt the comeback was on (not that we deserved to be 2 down at that stage).

I wasn't sorry to see the square goalposts get replaced at Hampden after that penalty shoot-out!

Andy Wa*ker's goal got us back to 2-1 and Smith's header was the equaliser.

Another painful semi-final defeat - there were many around then

Andy Wa*ker's goal got us back to 2-1 and Smith's header was the equaliser.

Another painful semi-final defeat - there were many around then

Aye, you are right - I got them the wrong way round. It was a peach of a reverse pass that sent Walker in, too.

You are also right about painful semi-final defeats. It did make the cup win even sweeter though.

were they not still building the stand behind the goals that day? seem to remember a few 'lost' balls in the allotments from some stray shots before Softie let loose

edit: a match report from that game

these memories are great but the bring up the pain from recalling that big c**t Brian welsh who won them the replay

EDIT again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yMtXfuDJwc

Porters winner against Aberdeen to send us into Europe was a special moment at the 'Ark.

This. A million times this.

The thunderstorm (which would have caused the game to be abandonned) right after the final whistle was incredible plus Aberdeen had a perfectly good goal disallowed too (the one that crossed the line but the keeper scooped it out). We had Lady Luck on our side that day.

The thunderstorm (which would have caused the game to be abandonned) right after the final whistle was incredible plus Aberdeen had a perfectly good goal disallowed too (the one that crossed the line but the keeper scooped it out). We had Lady Luck on our side that day.

I've always thought that the angle they showed the disallowed goal from was most inconclusive.

• Like 1

Was that down at the Cooper end? I seem to remember Something dramatic happening but can't be sure hahalaugh.gif

Was that down at the Cooper end? I seem to remember Something dramatic happening but can't be sure hahalaugh.gif

The disallowed goal was at the other end, in front of the Aberdeen supporters. And suggesting the TV said it was inconclusive is utter nonsense. It was a clear goal. That's what made it even better :sungum:

There have been so many it's difficult to choose a favourite.

Have to agree with the weeyin

Bruce Cleland's 50 yard effort at Love Street - we still lost, but it was a cracker.

Too many of Wullie P's to mention.

Alfie Conn's first goal for the club against East Stirling; a delicate wee lob.

Brian McLaughin's against Accies after running half the length of the park and beating about 7 players along the way.

7?? thought it wiz the whole team and the reserves on the bench :rolleyes:

Any Motherwell goal is a favourite :yahoo: