Motherwell v Aberdeen Discussion Thread

postiejim

I must have missed that bit ......

We need to vary our tactics, at the moment: Randolph throws it to Hammell who moves forward, stops, the ball is then passed to the centre backs who then pass to Hateley who then passes it to Humphrey by which time the opposition has moved up onto him. If they got the ball to him quicker he might have some space to start his run.

Ah someone else agrees with me. On Tuesday night Chris Humphrey received his first decent pass on the 31 minute mark. The first 6 passes to him were all very poor - the first 10 metres behind him; then 2 hospital passes, and also 3 when he was covered by 2/3 defenders.

So let me get this right...

Motherwell to win 1-0, from a player (Craigan? Clancy?) who should have been sent off for stopping a goal scoring opportunity, instead the referee books Fallon for diving and from the resulting free-kick we gain a corner (which was actually a goal kick) and our player leaps like a salmon hit the ball with his hand, which hits the underside of the bar/cleared of the post by the defender, but the assistant gives the goal?

Sounds good to me :D

• Like 1

Not sure if winning 5-0 and 4000 (ok maybe a 100 odd) fans singing "You'll be sacked in the morning, sacked in the morning" would still be even better than that...

Would all be good though when wee Craigy reveals on Sportsound after the game that Aberdeen had more corners than us over the 90 minutes.

• Like 1

Sounds like S.McCall isn't for changing tactics/formations/players unless he's forced through injury.

Well, regardless of how BAD Aberdeen have been playing, Auld Broon will out fox us with a stuffy and unspectacular set up.

Higdon will be isolated again and we'll all discuss the same pi$h about lack of changes etc.

WE'VE been sussed and need to change things quickly.

The problem is, has anything different been worked on in training AND is there even a plan B.

Hope I'm wrong, but, concerned about the one trick pony tag!

WE'VE been sussed and need to change things quickly.

The problem is, has anything different been worked on in training AND is there even a plan B.

Hope I'm wrong, but, concerned about the one trick pony tag!

Yes, I think we've been sussed - the SPL is a small league and there won't be much about our team and tactics the opposition don't know now. A plan B? I'll settle for a decent Plan A. :evilgrin:

Anyone else see on steven saunders' twitter he says he's back on Saturday?

Sorry if it's been mentioned

yip, but I read the whole story which explained he got his protective boot off and is now finding it weird walking on it

still some way off, but optimistic