Motherwell v Aberdeen Discussion Thread

postiejim

Not exactly a vintage match or performance but it was one we absolutely had to win and we did so I'm pretty happy.

Definitely deserved the three points and should have won by more - how Clancy's header didn't go in I don't know and Humphrey has obviously been taking notes from Fernando Torres!

Aberdeen actually defended reasonably well and were a tough nut to crack but going forward they were absolutely hopeless. We weren't helped by a referee who was allowing Aberdeen to foul at will.

Some decent performances, McHugh was excellent when he came on and showed some real bite and will to win. The goal came from a nothing area that a lot of other players wouldn't have bothered to chase the ball into but Bob did and he got his first league goal out of it. I thought Clancy actually did quite well today and made some good tackles and blocks and Hammell was solid again. Lasley worked his socks off as well. I have to say though I thought some of the abuse that Higdon was getting from a section of the crowd was ridiculous. He wasn't brilliant today but some of the stuff coming out the East Stand was way over the top.

Another 3 points and a clean sheet. Hopefully we can regain some confidence from this result and although we didn't exactly set the heather on fire it's something to build on and hopefully that's what we'll do.

• Like 1

Lasley worked his socks off as well. I have to say though I thought some of the abuse that Higdon was getting from a section of the crowd was ridiculous. He wasn't brilliant today but some of the stuff coming out the East Stand was way over the top.

Another 3 points and a clean sheet. Hopefully we can regain some confidence from this result and although we didn't exactly set the heather on fire it's something to build on and hopefully that's what we'll do.

I agree 100%. Some of our fans need a reality check. I noticed Hately, Humphrey and Craigan all look at the East Stand and shake there head when some of the stuff was getting shouted today,

At a time when we are tryin to garner a closeness between the fans and the club, the last thing we need is the idiots in our support to continually abuse our players, or should I say certain players.

Back to the game, it wasnt very entertaining and I felt we were far to pedestrian at times. Our team to me is crying out for a centre mid who can look for a forward pass. Our creative players, Murphy and Law are having to drop far far to deep for the ball thus leaving Higdon isolated up top. We need a midfielder to get on the ball and try and let them burst forward.

Good 3 pts and keeps us 3rd. Decent end to a pishy week.

• Like 2

Good to grind out a result today after the last couple of weeks. We needed it ! Maybe a wee confidence boost to get us playing the way we had been.

Also, on the plus side, the Aberdeen message board is a fuckin' riot at the moment :download:

To be honest I didn't think Higdon was anything special but it certainly didn't warrant some of the abuse he was getting. Also, although Murphy was pretty decent, he shouldn't have started due to his last couple of performances.

Humphrey's miss wasn't as bad as Torres's but he should still have finished it, he must have been leaning back slightly when he hit it. That and Clancy's header, which hit everything except the back of net, were our 2 best chances of the game.

I thought both Law and Humphrey were our best players today, beating defenders on either side. Craigan showed real character today to try and get the fans back on side, even at the end of the game he went over to talk to a couple of the fans at the front of the East Stand.

McHugh's goal was a great finish and the substition of Murphy paid off. Daley looked good when he came on also. The referee had a really shocking game today, letting Aberdeen off with murder.

All in all, I'm happy with the result which now makes it McCall 3-0 Brown.

Sitting in the East Stand today for the first time in over a season reminded me why I never bought a season ticket in there in the first place. Some serious grade A arseholes sitting around the area I was sitting at, the abuse being issued out to McCall and Higdon was way over the top.

Not to mention a shout of "Craig Brown, I hope you fucking die". Aboslutely no need.

• Like 1

McHugh was unlucky last game great he got a goal the day. Hope he gets a start next week.

Barring an injury next weeks starting 11 will be as it was today, tuesday last weekend........................................ and again barring injury will play for around 70 minutes before any changes are made.

wallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gif

still believe the 'others' on the bench can contribute as well

stop sticking with the 'untouchables' Mccall

manage the whole squad

Amazing from McHugh. Commitment that's been lacking up front for weeks.

The fans that booed got a roasting from Craigan too.

this, its all becoming so predictable and other teams have sussed us out we need to change things and some of the morons in the East Stand need to take their heads out of their own arses.

Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeelighted with that today :drinks:

Not the performance as such, just the result. In the 15-20 mins before Bob scored I just felt Aberdeen would nick a goal. It has happened so many times before. Glad it did not today.

Higdon did have a bit of a mare, but why do fans feel the need to pick on any player FFS. We are all Motherwell, support the team instead of barracking them. 3rd top - you would not think it :dash2:

Delighted for McHugh, it was a peach of a goal - all down to tenacity and no little skill. Special mention today for Clancy. He has come in for some stick, form myself included, but I thought he did very well today.

I am going to enjoy tonight mucho. Broonie Broonie what's the score :yahoo:

Pretty much how I thought it would go Aberdeen would have been delighted with a 0-0 scoreline and that's how they set out there stall, although it wasn't a great game or performance from Motherwell we were the only team trying to win the match and justice was done when McHugh grabbed the winner. Great way to end what has been a disappointing week for us. Thought Clancy had a decent game today but i'm going to give wee Boab motm for his goal.Im not Higdon's biggest fan but the guy is on a hiding to nothing the way hes being played at the moment. Aberdeen were poor but defended well and Constantine [or whatever hes called] was there best player.

We were absolutely brutal today, but............................ who gives a fuck!! A win against that auld c**t was what was really needed!

Well done to Boab, up until Tuesday nights cameo I hadn't seen anything from him to suggest he would be any good, but the minutes he's had in the last coup[le of games have been encouraging. If he's not yet ready for a starting place then at the very least he's due the last hour of the next few games!

Aberdeen tried to park the bus, and we didnt have our game with us today to break them down. Im not going to worry about it too much, but rather enjoy the evening. 16 points from 9 games, 4 points clear in third, I'll take that!

Mon the 'well!!