Sutton Or Sheridan

East_Stand_Al

From the official site

"McGhee believes success in his bid to improve Sheridan can help persuade former Aberdeen team-mate Gordon Strachan to loan him more promising youngsters.

"I think if I can do that then the next time, if I need to ask "

Does this mean it serves our longer term interests better to play Sheridan ahead of Sutton or should we not be looking to develop Sutton as he is a motherwell player and doesn't have to be given back to another SPL team in the summer a better striker who can then score goals against us ?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye - Sutton will be told to sit in a corner during training as Sheridan is now the main man!

Sutton will not be developed or improved whatsoever under McGhee from now on - that is patently clear from every comment coming out of Fir Park since the two loan guys were signed.

McGhee is worse than Jack the Ripper

I hope we don't end up winning football matches because of this outrage. :mellow:

Sutton certainly deserves to start given his goals at Inverurie and performance against Hibs but I don't think we should stick with one over the other indefinitely. Whichever player puts in the effort in training and performs on the park should get the nod. Ideally I'd like that to be Sutton as he's signed on with us but if Sheridan's on fire it would be silly to leave him out.

No reason McGhee can't select the best man for the job at any given time.

Here's another option.

Remember Clarky AND Sutton AND Porter didn't work

Who's to say Clarky AND Sheridan AND Sutton can't

It crossed my mind too but who would you have drop out? OBrien? I don't think he deserves to be dropped just now and I'm not sure he would work in a midfield 3. It might be worth trying at some point though.

If the Sheridan capture is such a big coup I can't see him not starting on Saturday especially as he has been given the number 9 shirt. Think Sutton should be quite rightly pissed off if this is the case but I suppose this can only be a good thing for MFC.

No interest in furthering or better sheridan's career whatsoever!!!

Chris Sutton has been waiting for his chance and stuck 2 in the net on monday night.

If that wee prick gets given the nod b4 him on saturday i'll be raging!!

If you watch the video on bbc he could wait to get the motherwell top with his name on it, out of his hand quick enough.

As far as i'm concerned any affiliation with gordon strachan is unhealty he's an arrogant wee bampot.

And whats to say if he does play well and we then play celtic and have to drop him, our manager should be able to control his team with no boundaries or whats the point!!!

especially as he has been given the number 9 shirt.

not sure that really has anythign to do with it. makes more sense giving him or the other loanee that shirt instead of some stupidly high number which just look ridiculous!

not sure that really has anythign to do with it. makes more sense giving him or the other loanee that shirt instead of some stupidly high number which just look ridiculous!

IMHO it shows that MM expects him to be his number one (or nine!) striker. Could be way off the mark but I really do expect him to play most games from now until the end of the season.

i think thats right, mmg is gonna go wi sheridan!

interesting inteview in todays papers wi mmg n the loanees, doesnt sound too hopefull about the german boy, was saying he`ll prob go away having enjoyed himself and played no football, or possibly make a name and be involved, nothing like talking up your players and giving them a boost! hopefully both boys are involved a lot and make a difference,helping us push for europe

You mean like calling every player at Motherwell the worst players in the League? Why shouldn't he be negative. It bloody worked after Hamilton.

As for who is starting up front, it will be most likely Clarky and Sutton unless either those fail to perform then Sheridan will come in.

I do laugh at people here sometimes. At first they say we need strength in depth, then they go on to say well we signed x, y and z so I guess a, b and c will be out the door! Huh! :S

Thing is, if Sheridan fails to perform in training etc, then he will not start. McGhee is rather fair and willing to give players a chance. I mean Jim was his signing and he had to wait 6 months before his first start, because clearly he wasn't showing enough in training.

Not to mention Boab is sitting in the stand/dugout, and both of which are McGhee's signing. And Boab is regarded as a "star signing" due to the wages involved. He has no hesitation in keeping them out of the team.

So, just because Sheridan is borrowed from his mate and comes from "big" Celtic, doesn't necessarily mean he is an automatic start.

So, he will be fair and if Sutton shows more in training he will certainly start.

I mean Las (fans favourite) has to make do on the bench, McGhee shows that he doesn't give a toss about what the fans think, he will certainly play his strongest team and if Sheridan is that option then he will be..

Only thing to contradict that is well him persevering with Hughes the entire season when most of which he has been properly off-form.

See what happens, we can't complain that we have strength in depth, I mean from now on we are gonna have first team players fit that can't make the bench.

With 7 places to fill we have a core if 9 players vying for those spaces:

Krysiak

DLS

Lasley

Malcolm

Semih

Sheridan

McGarry

Murphy

McLean

I dont care which one of the two of them McGhee decides to play, as long as it is the better one!

If Sheridon turns out to be a better player than Sutton, then Sutton can sit on the bench till the end of the season as far as Im concerned. Just because he's our player, doesn't mean we shouldn't bother giving the other boy a chance!

My opinion for what its worth is that Sutton will start on saturday and if sheridan has impressed the gaffer in training, he will be on sometime in the 2nd half.