Keith Lasley - Is He Having His Best Season So Far?

David

From what I heard yesterday it sounded like Lasley had another outstanding performance in our midfield. This is becoming a trend in most Motherwell games, with Keith looking more & more like the complete midfielder.

The question is, is he having his best season in claret & amber yet? He's been at Motherwell for around 10 years now over two spells, and has managed almost 250 appearances in that period.

An excellent player for the club, and one of footballs all-round good guys. It's just a shame that he's the wrong side of 30, because if he was in his early or mid 20's he'd surely be knocking on the door of the national side.

I thought he was terrific yesterday. Since this time last year, he's either been more willing or more freely able to push forward from midfield. He seems to burst into the box an awful lot more now than he used to and its paying off for him and us.

He was all over the place yesterday, in that he didnt give anyone a minute's peace, was often the main support going forward at breakaways like Murphy's yesterday in the 2nd half and last week aganst Aberdeen when Bob McHugh went solo, and put the foot in every time.

A Dons fan I know says that Lasley is his "most hated player in the SPL bar none". I think that has more to do with how effective he is than anything else!

Boom, boom, boomboomboomboom KEITH

He's been a great player for us before he left and after he came back. Now adding more goals to his repertoire which was the only thing that was missing. Always puts in a shift, top man.

And the ladies love him as well. notworthy.gif

Ladies?? Most of the blokes on here have sticky dreams about him it would seem!

Lasley has been a great player for us over the years, a solid pro who is always committed to the cause.

I actually think hes added to his game since the arrival of mccall. I noticed that as soon as mccall came in he seemed to have a bit more confidence in and around the box. Got his goal against gers in CIS semi then this season hes banged in a few.

I feel his play is better with Jennings playing along side him everyweek. Las has freedom to roam and Jenno will cover the hole. Think his goal spree is giving him the belief to have a pop at goal himself this season rather than assisting others.

down side to that is that Jenno will get the abuse for doing the donkey work!! it happened the other week, when Jenno got the ball deep, and decided to push forward with it - he ended up at the opposing 18 yard box, Aberdeen / Hibs, hit us on the break and we were nearly punished - be cause he was not "in the hole"

Both played well on saturday. Jenno misplaced a pass in the first and last minute, but for the other 88mins - he was outstanding (just like everyone else in the team)