Keith Lasley - Is He Having His Best Season So Far?

David

I think he was clapped off by some because they didn't have a good view of how bad the the challenge was. At the time I didn't think it was worthy of a red.

I had a good view of it and couldn't believe the guy behind me say that he didn't even think it was a booking. I doubt he'd say the same thing had Fyvie made the tackle on Lasley.

Some folk were booing Fyvie as he was being carried off in a stretcher - absolutely nuts.

• Like 1

not defending las from the severity of the challenge, but it looked on tv that he was inches from touching the ball as fyvie kicked it away. if he did touch it i doubt his foot would've went right into fyvies ankle, and would have been at least a booking

Any word on fyvies injury?

Lasley caught him and it was a foul. That is all. Tackles and such happen when playing football, especially in midfield.

Would Scott Brown received a straight red for that? Nae chance.

It was right infront of me. I thought it was worth a straight red.

Incidentally, I don't think Lasley tried to 'do him', I think it was just mistimed.

Doesn't mean its not a red carder though!

Not saw a replay yet but at the time thought it looked like a yellow card offence. But everyone that had a better look described it as a shocker. Pretty sure it was mistimed rather than malicious though if it as bad as suggested still doesn't affect the outcome.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it wasn't malicious, I had a perfect view of it and although I thought it was a red card I just thought it was mistimed. I don't think Lasley is the selfish type and he stood to gain nothing by getting sent off, so I don't think there is any chance it was deliberate. Especially with him trying his hand at the Sportscene thing now, I think that sort of thing would be last on his agenda.

Lasley is not a dirty player, however, he is beginning to build up a bit of a rap sheet with late/mistimed tackles.

His red yesterday was thoroughly deservedbut no-one will know that more than him.

I see he has apologised to Fyvie on twitter. A personal apology would be a nice touch also.

'Keef' seems like a good lad, but he needs to stay on his feet otherwise we can look forward to lots more games without him.

Mistimed, nothing more. Ian Black conned the ref the other week, Thomson is the kind of shite ref who believes reputations count and allows it to influence his thinking. Not much of a decision to make really although there are many players who would have gotten away with yellow for that. He got his ankle so not sure where the over the ball comment comes from. A combination of Keef's recent past and 'amateur jerk' Thomson meant there was only one outcome but he doesn't really have a complaint.

Fyvie's take on the situation according to several sites:

Fud.

That's his Twitter name alright, but there's certainly no sign of him having said that now:

https://twitter.com/#!/f_fyvie

Which is probably just as well, or I'd imagine he'd be in trouble for accusing a fellow professional of attempting to injure him. Searching for that quote on Twitter brings up two results that have certainly been written to look like retweets, so it's possible Fyvie might have tweeted it, then deleted it afterwards I suppose.

That's his Twitter name alright, but there's certainly no sign of him having said that now:

https://twitter.com/#!/f_fyvie

Which is probably just as well, or I'd imagine he'd be in trouble for accusing a fellow professional of attempting to injure him. Searching for that quote on Twitter brings up two results which have certainly been written to look like retweets, but I have my doubts that they're genuine. (Though it's theoretically possible Fyvie might have tweeted it, then deleted it afterwards. But given the people I follow, I'm surprised I haven't heard more about it if so.)

It's been captured on a few AFC forums too. It was just before his tweet saying "thanks for the support" so I think someones had a word with him and he's taken it down.

Classless move to do considering the first thing Keith posted last night was an apology.

It's been captured on a few AFC forums too. It was just before his tweet saying "thanks for the support" so I think someones had a word with him and he's taken it down.

Classless move to do considering the first thing Keith posted last night was an apology.

I type Fraser Fyvie into the Twitter search and I find a shit load of tweets warning him about the SFA and fines.

He's a silly boy for tweeting that and will probably get a slap on the wrists for non-sportsmanship.

Lasley tweeted his apology last night, he should accept it and move on.

Although, when I was in Manchester yesterday my Dons supporting teacher Shouted "James!, Its 2-0, Lasley sent off, Straight red" My first instinct was that he killed someone. Glad it was this prick now Davybhoyssmiley.gif

Some of the abuse Las is getting is so hypocritical.

Coming from a club who have a hatred with Rangers, born from them putting Neil Simpson on a pedestal for ruining Ian Durrant's career......

That's the hilarious part about it, fucking idiots.

Some of the abuse Las is getting is so hypocritical.

Coming from a club who have a hatred with Rangers, born from them putting Neil Simpson on a pedestal for ruining Ian Durrant's career......

Exactly!! They still sing "Nice one Simmy...." songs and have banners gloryfing the tackle.

And, on a side note, - Fraser Fyvie is an actaul wee fud. Sounds like a 13 year old boy chewing on braces.

I certainly don't wish Fraser Fyvie any harm and I hope he recovers quickly but he does make it hard for opposing fans to like him. In the first half he was screaming in Craig Thomson's face for him to give either Las or Jenno a yellow card after a foul had been awarded. Not nice.

So would he accept a one game ban from the compliance officer for bringing the game into disrepute with his twitter comments then? :rolleyes:

i was about to say no because he deleted the tweet therefore there is no more evidence except what people are claiming.

but that would go the same in the mccall incident as its just thompsons word against mccalls, no real evidence there either