Jenno Betting Irregularities

Kris-A-Goalda

Raman off STV has just tweeted the following:

STVRaman Raman Bhardwaj Motherwell player Steve Jennings arrested at his home today re gambling enquiryArrest related to alleged betting irregularities

Not good if true. Makes you wonder why it has taken the best part of a year for this to come to light. Just hope everything gets resolved quickly. As much of a player as he is, if found guilty of this, he only has himself to blame.

Raman off STV has just tweeted the following:

STVRaman Raman Bhardwaj Motherwell player Steve Jennings arrested at his home today re gambling enquiryArrest related to alleged betting irregularities

Not good if true. Makes you wonder why it has taken the best part of a year for this to come to light. Just hope everything gets resolved quickly. As much of a player as he is, if found guilty of this, he only has himself to blame.

Just been on Radio Scotland as breaking news.not good.

Its not good but if its solely because of Stevie O'Reilly having a mare its a bit of a joke.

I text my mate at half tine saying there would be a red card in the 2nd half. The ref had a 'mare!

I'd line to think he's innocent, but do they arrest you to question you, if they think you are? I don't know?

I hope that the investigation looked closely at O'Reilly. The Ref's performance was by far the most bizarre of anyone on the pitch on the day, with some really unusually mystefying decisions throughout the game.

If Jennings really had wanted to get sent off, he would normally have to have done a great deal lot more than he did to make sure he achieved it.

• Like 4

It doesn't look good, certainly not, a full year later he's arrested? Something suspicous there. Did he know about it beforehand? Did he text someone at Half Time to say something? Or is it a pure coincidence? I hope to God it's the third one.

Well being arrested doesn't mean you're guilty. Look how many people were arrested over Cash for Honours, MPs expenses and quite recently phone hacking, What percentage of those arrested were actually charged? People get arrested in suspicion of murder too and then get let go within hours.

This is serious and worrying though but there is a hell of a long way to go before charges are made or we find out if he's guilty. This just means that he has questions to answer.

Edit: I still don't think it was sending off to this day.

I'm guessing that he's been arrested by or on behalf of Merseyside Police who kicked off the investigation, with no doubt other folk arrested elsewhere. They'll be looking at some form of conspiracy, so from that point of view it doesn't appear too good if they've got sufficient evidence to lock him up. As said before, he's innocent until proven guilty in a law court, but it all smells a bit off. I agree that this would explain his dip in form, if he/his brief knew this was coming down the line..

The fact this had happened now after almost a year since the incident makes me fear the worst. Have the police been building there case? Has new evidence come to light? As said, innocent until proven guilty and all that, but surely they must have something concrete to arrest him?!

And if it turns out he is guilty and was involved then he only has himself to blame and he has no place at our club.

It's a hard one to work out, the word arrested is being used I don't think he will have been arrested, I think he will have been detained which is a huge difference, I think he may be interviewed in relation to the alleged crime and may be released, the worry is there have been others also detained which may show there is some sort of eveidence ie phone records linking the suspects, I really hope this is just an interview to end the whole allegation