Jenno Betting Irregularities

Kris-A-Goalda

He got a straight red though....

I'm sure referees hear the words 'fuck off' a hundred times and use them themselves during games as well. As I've said previously, if you want to guarantee yourself a red card, the way to go about it is to nail some c**t in the middle of the park not throw a couple of expletives at a referee.

Jenno, know Rooneys da'? that means that Rooneys da' knows him as well, knows what he is like, watching the match sees the referee is a total fanny, totally card happy, and fires a few quid on ANY player from ANY team to get sent off during teh course of teh 2nd half. Unless they have a recording of Jenno passing the info, or a confession from one of those involved, then I fail to see how Jenno can be implicated in what happens 200-odd miles away.

Remember the law says that guilt must be proven "Beyond reasonable doubt"

JENNO IS INNOCENT

When I told my mates at school about this, they all had the exact same reaction as me to it.. Seems like questioning by the Main authorities. He'll be suspended by the club if bailed for a couple weeks while the investigation continues. He's not being held on match fixing or fixing anything in the game, he's being held because simultaneously there were a few bets made in the liverpool area that there would be a red card. If it hadn't been for his liverpool links, we'd not be in this situation. Coincidental seems like an adequate word to describe the event..

Jenno. Is. Innocent. Until Proven guilty.

Why has O'Reilly not been charged? Surely he'd be the first.

I do hope that Mr O Reilly has been investigated as part of this shambles, it would be far easier for him to arrange a player being sent off than for a player to get himself sent off.

If I were going to ensure I got sent off during a game I'd just put in an OTT tackle on an opposing player early in the game.Jenno was allegedly sent off for foul and abusive language, in reality probably because he had the audacity to touch the referee who as we all know is beyond reproach in all and any circumstance.

If you want to get sent off I'm guessing its not so easy to go OTT on another player since you must know you could put the guy out of the game for months/a season/for good. To do that with forethought you'd have to be pretty brutal, especially if it was just some random guy that you had nothing against for a wee back hander.

Also disagree its easier for a referee to send someone off than a player to get sent off. Touching a referee, acting aggressively towards him, using offensive language will do it prettily easily.

Not saying Jennings is guilty but I just don't quite follow your argument there.

can we forget about the fucking ref?

jenno was sent off. bets were placed in liverpool before the match. other people have been arrested at least one (rooney's da) of whom jenno knows.

if he was already booked all he had to do was call the ref a fucking cheat and he's off.

Well, no we can't ignore the ref.

What if, a week before, Jennings is having a blether with his pals. "we've got an twanger for a ref next game. He's the worst I've ever seen and he's got it in for me."

His pals watch the game, see the absolute bufoonery of the man, and think 'Hey I'm having some of that!"

I would have thought this admission of guilt (for the red card offence not the betting scandal) would be enough to clear the referee.

http://thesun.mobi/thescottishsun/sport/spl/3278803/Im-so-sorry.html?mob=1

Not really wanting to say anything else about his innocence or otherwise because like everyone else on here I have no idea.

Well, no we can't ignore the ref.

What if, a week before, Jennings is having a blether with his pals. "we've got an twanger for a ref next game. He's the worst I've ever seen and he's got it in for me."

His pals watch the game, see the absolute bufoonery of the man, and think 'Hey I'm having some of that!"

IF I were Jenno, and IF I were guilty and IF they had no hard evidence on me but they had real reason to believe that something was amiss, the above scenario would be my defence.

As I stated, unless they have some real hard facts that implicate Jenno, then the authorities can go take a flying fuck to themselves as far as I'm concerned. We as Motherwell fans should be right behind OUR player until the time comes that he is proven guilty, lets leave all the criticisms and witch-hunts to fans of other Clubs for now.

[/b]

Remember the law says that guilt must be proven "Beyond reasonable doubt"

JENNO IS INNOCENT

He is NOT innocent, similarly he is NOT guilty!! No one on this thread knows what he is so please give it a bye. He has been arrested as part of an obviously in depth investigation by Merseyside Police and the GC. They would not have arrested him just because of coincidence as if it were coincidence they would have taken a witness statement from him. They clearly feel that from what digging they have done, he has some questions to answer. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to believe he's involved in anything underhand, but likewise I won't blindly plead his cause when I don't know the facts...

He got a straight red though....

I'm sure referees hear the words 'fuck off' a hundred times and use them themselves during games as well. As I've said previously, if you want to guarantee yourself a red card, the way to go about it is to nail some c**t in the middle of the park not throw a couple of expletives at a referee.

Jenno, know Rooneys da'? that means that Rooneys da' knows him as well, knows what he is like, watching the match sees the referee is a total fanny, totally card happy, and fires a few quid on ANY player from ANY team to get sent off during teh course of teh 2nd half. Unless they have a recording of Jenno passing the info, or a confession from one of those involved, then I fail to see how Jenno can be implicated in what happens 200-odd miles away.

calling the ref a cheat is usually dealt with more harshly than run of the mill swearing or name calling.

we don't know much about the bets except the one of 500 quid placed with a brand new blue square account in the liverpool area pre match and the same person also tried to place more bets also pre match.

i'm interested in why so many people have such trust in jenno?. i like him as player but i don't know anything about him as a person. the world is full of people who shag about behind their partner's back and tell bare face lies to their nearest and dearest. the papers are full everyday of news of people commiting fraud, stealing and embezzling. sport has had hundreds of scandals. yet despite all the evidence that people are generally quite often dicks and the direction this seems to be moving in, a lot of posters don't seem willing to consider that jenno might have done something daft. is this faith in his character soley due to him playing for us or am i missing something?

• Like 3

Motherwell's disciplinary record had been almost spotless prior to the incident. Under McGhee, Gannon and Brown there had been an emphasis on discipline. This would make Motherwell an interesting study for lengthened odds on a player being sent off.

I remember the ref's performance that night being very bizzare. On the way home in the car a Dunfermline fan phoned Sportsound to say that the ref had put in an equally bizzare performance against them on the Saturday before.

Not saying any of this points the finger at Jenno or the ref, just remember these facts from the time.

I would have thought this admission of guilt (for the red card offence not the betting scandal) would be enough to clear the referee.

http://thesun.mobi/t...orry.html?mob=1

Not really wanting to say anything else about his innocence or otherwise because like everyone else on here I have no idea.

Not really. He said he felt the sending off was harsh and he only spoke to the referee the same way many other players speak to him.

i'm interested in why so many people have such trust in jenno?. i like him as player but i don't know anything about him as a person. the world is full of people who shag about behind their partner's back and tell bare face lies to their nearest and dearest. the papers are full everyday of news of people commiting fraud, stealing and embezzling. sport has had hundreds of scandals. yet despite all the evidence that people are generally quite often dicks and the direction this seems to be moving in, a lot of posters don't seem willing to consider that jenno might have done something daft. is this faith in his character soley due to him playing for us or am i missing something?

I dont know anything of him as a person, nothing what-so-ever, but until I see some evidence that he is implicated in anything suspect then he will get my support.....the polis have been known to get their facts wrong from tome to time I'm sure you know.

• Like 1

I dont know anything of him as a person, nothing what-so-ever, but until I see some evidence that he is implicated in anything suspect then he will get my support.....the polis have been known to get their facts wrong from tome to time I'm sure you know.

And what will be your thoughts if he is implicated? I'm supporting the team he plays for and the club he is employed by, not him. And it's very easy to point the finger at the police but they wouldn't have arrested him unless they has reasonable suspicion...

if he runs out at easter road and any subsequent game he'll get my support.

however if the club find out he's been telling porkies or see damning evidence then i would hope they would show him the door asap. i don't give a fuck about the bookies or the polis but if it turns out he purposely bailed out on us when we were deep in the shit last winter then i'll not be happy. everyone was quick enough to castigate tevez, getting sent off on purpose is probably worse.

he's a good player who seems very committed to the cause and watching him and lasley in tandem when they are on song is superb. i'd like to see him at the club for years to come but you have consider all eventualities.

• Like 1

Not really. He said he felt the sending off was harsh and he only spoke to the referee the same way many other players speak to him.

He maybe said he felt it was harsh. However when you look at what he said (assuming that article is true) he questioned the referee's impartiality and to me that is the offensive bit. And he was almost certainly sent off for that under the term foul, abusive and offensive language. If your impartiality is questioned by a player you have an obligation to send him off. McFadden was sent off while at Everton for calling a referee a cheat. Whether Jennings felt it was harsh or not if his recollection of what was said as outlined in the article is correct then the referee was correct to send him off.

And what will be your thoughts if he is implicated? I'm supporting the team he plays for and the club he is employed by, not him. And it's very easy to point the finger at the police but they wouldn't have arrested him unless they has reasonable suspicion...

If he is implicated? Show him the door, tear up his contract........but at this moment in time as far as I am aware he has done hee-haw wrong.

As for the polis.......there have been plenty of miscarriages of justice over the years, just because they have detained Jenno today doesnt mean they actually have anything in the way of proof.

if he runs out at easter road and any subsequent game he'll get my support.

however if the club find out he's been telling porkies or see damning evidence then i would hope they would show him the door asap. i don't give a fuck about the bookies or the polis but if it turns out he purposely bailed out on us when we were deep in the shit last winter then i'll not be happy. everyone was quick enough to castigate tevez, getting sent off on purpose is probably worse.

he's a good player who seems very committed to the cause and watching him and lasley in tandem when they are on song is superb. i'd like to see him at the club for years to come but you have consider all eventualities.

You dont seem to like Scousers Steelboy, whats the script, had your wheel-trims nicked at some point?:laugh:

Totally agree with what you are saying (for a change), IF he is found guilty he should have the book(ies) thrown at him, but he hasnt been found guilty yet and I'll be surprised to say the least if he is.

He maybe said he felt it was harsh. However when you look at what he said (assuming that article is true) he questioned the referee's impartiality and to me that is the offensive bit. And he was almost certainly sent off for that under the term foul, abusive and offensive language. If your impartiality is questioned by a player you have an obligation to send him off. McFadden was sent off while at Everton for calling a referee a cheat. Whether Jennings felt it was harsh or not if his recollection of what was said as outlined in the article is correct then the referee was correct to send him off.

When did he call the ref a cheat? All I read was that he reminded him there were 2 teams on the pitch and that goes on all the time in football at all levels without cards shown. I've also seen plenty of players swearing at officials without punishment so I fully agree with Jennings that it was harsh. At no point did I read that Jennings felt the card was deserved.