Jenno Betting Irregularities

Kris-A-Goalda

Wonder if he's sent somebody a text at half time...

He sure as fuck wouldn't be the only person to have text somebody to guarantee a red!

I texted somebody at 30 mins saying they should get their arse online to get a bet on a red for Motherwell.

Innocent until proven guilty for me as well.

Motherwell Football Club can today (Thursday) confirm that the Scottish Football Association (SFA) made the club aware that one of our players was taken to a Merseyside Police Station early this morning in connection with an ongoing investigation.

We have no further comment to make at this time. Any further statement would be wholly inappropriate and the club can and will only do so when properly appraised of the next steps in the process by the relevant authorities.

This. Don't think it will be a straight arrest. More likely a detention which means they hold him for up to 12 hrs for interview. Then either arrest or release.

Unless of course it is an English case then fuck knows as there laws are a lot different. They can arrest him then de-arrest after interview. But can hold him for longer. You can almost guarantee that the ref for the Hibs game will be that rat O'Reilly.....

Different law down souf.......Police Aand Criminal Evidence Act 1986...

Every one gets arrested on suspicion of what the crime was.....then they have 24hours to play with.......untill charge......but you can be bailed to re attend.at a later date..........if he is held for 4 hours to day....they still have another 20hrs to play with!

Obviously I hope these allegations aren't true. We'll just have to wait and see what happens but until we know more about what is going on it's difficult to comment.

As regards the actual sending off, I'm sure I heard a referee saying that touching a referee is an instant red card offense, so although there wasn't much in it and it was probably an over reaction by the ref, it seems like it was technically correct decision.

As for Jennings continuing to play, I suppose it depends information that the club has. If they believe he is innocent, play him. If they have information which looks bad for Jennings, then don't.

Wayne Rooney's dad has been released on bail.

Suggests to me that there is still a lot of investigation to be done on this.

Starting to look like the Police have identified folk that could be involved and decided to pull them all in to see if they can get any info.

As regards the actual sending off, I'm sure I heard a referee saying that touching a referee is an instant red card offense, so although there wasn't much in it and it was probably an over reaction by the ref, it seems like it was technically correct decision.

Unless you're madjid bougherra! :lol:

got to say this looks bad.

if the police have evidence of a conspiracy then he's fucked. we know that at least one bet went on prematch in the liverpool area and their may well be more. the cops would also probably have been looking at mobile phone records and the likes to see if jenno and these guys were in contact and who placed bets and when.

at the time i thought that there was an outside chance that jenno had decided to get sent off prematch and word had gotten out and someone else had bet on it without him knowing. he was near the points threshold and would have been suspended soon enough anyway, he needed to get an abcess removed and he would have had a break over xmas. there was also a rumour that sounded pretty credible about jutkiewicz phoning someone at fir park at half time in the match asking about jenno being booked or sent off.

i think for the time being we should stand by him, however if we recieve concrete info that he lied to the club about the incident we should be keeping him well away from fir park regardless of when the trial is.

it's also worth remembering that he passed the ball out the park for a shy in the first minute of each half in the cup final. let's hope it was nerves rather than anything dodgy le tissier style.

it's also worth remembering that he passed the ball out the park for a shy in the first minute of each half in the cup final. let's hope it was nerves rather than anything dodgy le tissier style.

To be fair, he passed the ball out the park all day. Joked about it at the time mind you. I'm no sure if you can still bet on such incidents.

In the "football world" they are totally different things though. Jennings is under investigation for a crime that brings the game into question, and could lead to match fixing charges. If Motherwell have any thoughts of him being guilty then no, he shouldn't play. He should be suspended - if possible without pay - but if Motherwell believe him then I see why nothe shouldn't be allowed to play.

Of course, there are bodies within Football that can take it out of our hands, if the Crown Office actually do press charges - guilty or not

Read what your saying, but i am not sure how match fixing can be brought into it. Plenty of teams have won or lost with players being sent off, so i cant see how they could prove his sending off ensured a result. Sure, they might be able to prove it was deliberate sending off to take a few quid of the bookies, hardly in the same league IMO as apparently raping someone, assaulting someone, taking drugs and running from a police officer who's trying to detain them etc etc. If the SFA/SPL suspend Jennings, then they leave themselves open to alot of flack about the other individual actions.But then, when did the authorities ever deal consistantly with players and clubs

As for the club, they cant do anything other than back their player until a jury finds him guilty. Anything other could have a bearing on any court hearing, if it goes that far.

I should add, that if the bookies had not been so careless with their odds, and the referee been competent, remember the SFA had concerns about this referee's behavour, then this event probably does not happen.

Read what your saying, but i am not sure how match fixing can be brought into it. Plenty of teams have won or lost with players being sent off, so i cant see how they could prove his sending off ensured a result. Sure, they might be able to prove it was deliberate sending off to take a few quid of the bookies, hardly in the same league IMO as apparently raping someone, assaulting someone, taking drugs and running from a police officer who's trying to detain them etc etc. If the SFA/SPL suspend Jennings, then they leave themselves open to alot of flack about the other individual actions.But then, when did the authorities ever deal consistantly with players and clubs

As for the club, they cant do anything other than back their player until a jury finds him guilty. Anything other could have a bearing on any court hearing, if it goes that far.

I should add, that if the bookies had not been so careless with their odds, and the referee been competent, remember the SFA had concerns about this referee's behavour, then this event probably does not happen.

Not match fixing..........;conspiracy to defraud

From some of the bbc website article

Concerns about the game, on 14 December 2010, were raised by the Association of British Bookmakers after a number of bets from the Liverpool area were placed on there being a sending off.

In a statement, Merseyside Police said: "Detectives have today executed warrants at 10 addresses across Merseyside and Glasgow and arrested nine men as part of an investigation into suspicious betting activity.

"The arrests are the culmination of a joint operation with the Gambling Commission and the nine who have been arrested for conspiracy to defraud are being interviewed by detectives.

"Those arrested are a 29-year-old from Bootle, a 48-year-old from West Derby, a 54-year-old from Norris Green, a 26-year-old from Croxteth, a 22-year-old from Kirkdale, a 31-year-old from Litherland, a 68-year-old from Fazakerley, a 36-year-old from Kirkby and a 26-year-old from Glasgow.

Not match fixing..........;conspiracy to defraud

From some of the bbc website article

Concerns about the game, on 14 December 2010, were raised by the Association of British Bookmakers after a number of bets from the Liverpool area were placed on there being a sending off.

In a statement, Merseyside Police said: "Detectives have today executed warrants at 10 addresses across Merseyside and Glasgow and arrested nine men as part of an investigation into suspicious betting activity.

"The arrests are the culmination of a joint operation with the Gambling Commission and the nine who have been arrested for conspiracy to defraud are being interviewed by detectives.

"Those arrested are a 29-year-old from Bootle, a 48-year-old from West Derby, a 54-year-old from Norris Green, a 26-year-old from Croxteth, a 22-year-old from Kirkdale, a 31-year-old from Litherland, a 68-year-old from Fazakerley, a 36-year-old from Kirkby and a 26-year-old from Glasgow.

yes i know, it aint match fixing charge, i was answering a point a poster made previously about how the football authorities could use that charge to suspend the player.

From google search......

What is 'Conspiracy to Defraud'?

A conspiracy is an agreement between two or more persons to commit an unlawful act, or to commit a lawful act by unlawful means; the former applies to conspiracy to defraud.

The offence does not depend on the conspirators committing the act; rather it depends upon them agreeing to carry it out. It is enough for the conspirators to know that their actions will result in the defrauding of the intended victim.

What penalties are attached to 'Conspiracy to Defraud'?

A conspiracy to defraud conviction has the potential to result in a custodial sentence not exceeding ten years, a fine, or both.

:doh:

If the bets were a one off, it seems to be a little over the top arresting so many people, not sure thats proportionate for one Offence, this leads me to thinking there is more to this than meets the eye. Maybe other Offences have not been disclosed to the public.

'Conspiracy to Defraud' Is easier to prove than Fraud outright

I do hope that Mr O Reilly has been investigated as part of this shambles, it would be far easier for him to arrange a player being sent off than for a player to get himself sent off.

If I were going to ensure I got sent off during a game I'd just put in an OTT tackle on an opposing player early in the game.Jenno was allegedly sent off for foul and abusive language, in reality probably because he had the audacity to touch the referee who as we all know is beyond reproach in all and any circumstance.

Lets for the sake of debate say it had been one of the Jambos sent off maybe Zaliukas, with no connection to Merseyside whatsoever would the Bookies still have smelt a rat ?

Jenno is a Scouser the bets were placed from the Liverpool area 2+2 =

Innocent until proven guilty we as fans should be 100% behind Jenno as should the Club !

JENNO IS INNOCENT

can we forget about the fucking ref?

jenno was sent off. bets were placed in liverpool before the match. other people have been arrested at least one (rooney's da) of whom jenno knows.

if he was already booked all he had to do was call the ref a fucking cheat and he's off.

I do hope that Mr O Reilly has been investigated as part of this shambles, it would be far easier for him to arrange a player being sent off than for a player to get himself sent off.

If I were going to ensure I got sent off during a game I'd just put in an OTT tackle on an opposing player early in the game.Jenno was allegedly sent off for foul and abusive language, in reality probably because he had the audacity to touch the referee who as we all know is beyond reproach in all and any circumstance.

Lets for the sake of debate say it had been one of the Jambos sent off maybe Zaliukas, with no connection to Merseyside whatsoever would the Bookies still have smelt a rat ?

Jenno is a Scouser the bets were placed from the Liverpool area 2+2 =

Innocent until proven guilty we as fans should be 100% behind Jenno as should the Club !

JENNO IS INNOCENT

spot on.

jenno was sent off. bets were placed in liverpool before the match. other people have been arrested at least one (rooney's da) of whom jenno knows.

if he was already booked all he had to do was call the ref a fucking cheat and he's off.

He got a straight red though....

I'm sure referees hear the words 'fuck off' a hundred times and use them themselves during games as well. As I've said previously, if you want to guarantee yourself a red card, the way to go about it is to nail some c**t in the middle of the park not throw a couple of expletives at a referee.

Jenno, know Rooneys da'? that means that Rooneys da' knows him as well, knows what he is like, watching the match sees the referee is a total fanny, totally card happy, and fires a few quid on ANY player from ANY team to get sent off during teh course of teh 2nd half. Unless they have a recording of Jenno passing the info, or a confession from one of those involved, then I fail to see how Jenno can be implicated in what happens 200-odd miles away.

So he must therefore be guilty ?

Did he call the Ref a fucking cheat ?

It would appear you have him banged to rights maybe you should share your overwhelming evidence with Merseyside Police and the Gambling Commission, you do have evidence to support the allegations don't you ?

JENNO IS INNOCENT.