Motherwell Vs Inverness Discussion Thread

David

Good stuff from the BBC - Chris McGlaughlan "and Celtic slip further behind Rangers"

And the invisible team ya c**t

Did you listen to any of the Motherwell vs Inverness commentary on the BBC site? I listened for 15 minutes before remembering that MFCTV does live commentary.

I've never been happier to switch over. The commentary was fucking terrible on the BBC. They give us no credit at all, and completely dismiss us as the 2nd placed team in the SPL.

Did you listen to any of the Motherwell vs Inverness commentary on the BBC site? I listened for 15 minutes before remembering that MFCTV does live commentary.

I've never been happier to switch over. The commentary was fucking terrible on the BBC. They give us no credit at all, and completely dismiss us as the 2nd placed team in the SPL.

BBC commentary was dire. About the only credit they gave us was Jamie Murphy's seemingly outrageous yellow card. I too switched over to MFC TV - far superior.

A great result today in a difficult match. We suffered a few setbacks in the game but came through successfully. Whatever else the team has character and its games like that, that boost confidence levels.

According to my mates who were at the game, that was a fair reflection of the match. Think over all we were poor and Inverness can count themselves unlucky. Winning games when not playing well is a great sign though.

And to be fair, even Stuart Mccall dismisses us as the 2nd place team in the SPL so why shouldn't they?

According to my mates who were at the game, that was a fair reflection of the match. Think over all we were poor and Inverness can count themselves unlucky. Winning games when not playing well is a great sign though.

And to be fair, even Stuart Mccall dismisses us as the 2nd place team in the SPL so why shouldn't they?

Because Stuart McCall has a job to do and he needs to keep the players feet firmly on the ground.

The BBC are there to report facts of matches and the season as a whole. What gets me is they don't give us credit for being 2nd in the first place. We are there on merit and grinding out result whilst showing character to come from behind.

Fuck the BBC and Mon the Well!!

Because Stuart McCall has a job to do and he needs to keep the players feet firmly on the ground.

The BBC are there to report facts of matches and the season as a whole. What gets me is they don't give us credit for being 2nd in the first place. We are there on merit and grinding out result whilst showing character to come from behind.

Fuck the BBC and Mon the Well!!

Fair point mate. I understand why he would want to avoid talkin up our chances.

I think when we are still 2nd come easter he might have to have a rethink though :thumbup:

Fair point mate. I understand why he would want to avoid talkin up our chances.

I think when we are still 2nd come easter he might have to have a rethink though :thumbup:

Mind you after slagging the BBC I do hope they're right on this one. JIm Traynor "Rangers have been told they'll drop 25 points if they go into administration"

I don't want to get ahead of myself but do if the team in 2nd place got beat in their CL qualifier is the group stages in the Europa the worst possible scenario?

Awful performance bar 10 mins at the end of the 1st half and about 2 minutes at the end of the 2nd. Horrible weather, horrible ref, horrible home support, generally horrible game of football.

Apart from Keith Lasley with the best goal you'll ever see and Hateley's free kick!! woop.gif

Honestly, Lasley's goal was a fucking peach. The keeper started goin left and VWOOM! ball swerved to the right and flew in! Hateley's free kick took a deflection but the keeper had no chance.

All in all we didn't deserve anything (Caley were really good I thought and we were holding on at the end), so to come away with 3 points is magic!

Higdon didn't have a good game today, no protection from the referee though. He got bullied all day, but the one flick on he did win led to the free kick and the winner!

Think over all we were poor and Inverness can count themselves unlucky. Winning games when not playing well is a great sign though.

Yes we might have been poor but Inverness got exactly what they deserved....nothing. They (Chris Hogg) sought to prevent Jamie Murphy from running in on goal by cynically fouling him in other words cheating. I've no sympathy for them. Very satisfying that Tom Hately buried the resultant free kick. :pleasantry:

Seems the same problem for Caley, good performances on a week-to-week basis but small errors are being heavily punished and therefore dropped so many points. Feel sorry for them a little, they really dont deserve to be bottom. There are far worse teams in the SPL than ICT. Just they are being punished and its cost them dearly.

Fortunately, we have been the benefactors today - and Motherwell come first. S'pose we were rather fortunate on the opening day too (albeit we did play very impressively, but ICT played their part too).

What a result, and as much as the gap to Celtic is wonderful to look at - we now have a 7 point gap over 4th! That in itself is tremendous at this stage.

Our away form - ooooffffttttttttttt! Goals for fun & wins!

What a time to be a Motherwell fans.

I adore Tom Hateley, severely under-rated.

• Like 1

What a result, and as much as the gap to Celtic is wonderful to look at - we now have a 7 point gap over 4th! That in itself is tremendous at this stage.

Our away form - ooooffffttttttttttt! Goals for fun & wins!

What a time to be a Motherwell fans.

Amen to that! Totally agree. :thumbup: