Scottish Cup 2012

henry

Dangerous chat.

I know, you can never be sure of anything with Motherwell.

Anyway apart from that I'd say it's in the balance whether the game goes ahead atall on Saturday given that there's a possibility of 'significant snowfall' on Friday/Saturday if the early forecasts are anything to go by.

The draw for the Quarter Finals is tomorrow at 2pm on SSN and consists of

Motherwell

Celtic

Hibernian

Dundee United

Hearts/St Johnstone

Aberdeen/QotS

Falkirk/Ayr United

St Mirren/Ross County

Who do we fancy in the Quarters?

Personally, I want to avoid Celtic and HIbernian. Just have it in my head that these two teams would probably beat us. Not afraid of anyone else. Perhaps County away for the epic away day that would be had (Our first time playing them IIRC)?

I would be happy with Dundee United away as well. We seen to be a bit of a bogey team for them at the moment.

Celtic

Hibernian

Dundee United

Hearts/St Johnstone

Aberdeen/QotS

Falkirk/Ayr United

St Mirren/Ross County

With the exception of Celtic, we are capable of beating all of those teams on our day, but I'd say that the majority of them are also capable of beating us aswell.

Let's face it, we draw Celtic and we are out so that's the one we have to avoid if we are to stand any chance of getting to the Semi Finals. If we were to get Hibs then I'd prefer it to be away from home given that our recent record at Easter Road has been reasonable whereas at Fir Park Hibs have tended to get the better of us, so I'd take Hibs away personally.

I had my fingers crossed for games against Clyde and Morton in the Cups this season so hopefully it will be three in a row. It has ALWAYS got to be a home tie for me at this stage of the competition. One more game and we are back at Hampden.

Motherwell vs Ayr or Falkirk it has to be. Neither team are mugs and have already got to a national Semi Final.....but it would be the kindest draw. Failing that I'd take the winners of QOS vs Aberdeen or Ross County vs St Mirren at home.

If we are drawn away it would be one of the above again. Celtic need to be avoided at ALL costs. We draw them, especially at Celtic Park, and I think that could be it for another season. Any other tie, home or away, I think we have a chance.

This draw should have been live on the TV today.

I'll take:

Hibernian vs Hearts/St Johnstone

Motherwell vs Falkirk/Ayr United

St Mirren/Ross County vs Aberdeen/QotS

Dundee United vs Celtic

Didn't there used to be a fingers crossed smiley?

That would be a nice draw :whistling:

Anybody apart from Smeltic would be ok...........:dash2:

Anyone at home, anyone but Celtic, utd or hibs away.

That's roughly my thinking as well. If we come out the hat as the home team I'll be relatively content regardless of who comes out next. If we're to be the away side, then I'd rather avoid the obvious.

As a compromise, I'll take Ayr United away (after they've beaten Falkirk) to ensure a very good chance of progression allied to a train day to Somerset.