Scottish Cup 2012

henry

From Aberdeen Mad-

I have sent mail to MFC stadium ops this afternoon and I await his reply.We would like to get in just beforfe the gates open to lay the cards out on seats.There will also be a few instruction placards explaining to fans when to use them,and believe me some fans need to be reminded after a morning on the sauce!!

Balloons...I know a lot of people have gone to great lengths before but its hardly ever worked ,those behind the idea for balloons would need to be several in number and be there early to hand them out and to explain to fans to hold them as teams come out as well,or throw them ,not sure what your idea is.

Crepe streamers are ideal but cost more,we have used till rolls in the past and removed the middle plastic tube and they are very cheap indeed.

If the card display is the main feature in the lower deck it would be great to have confetti,streamers,balloons from the top deck,and as many supporters flags on side walls,over the tier,held up at front etc.

If everyone makes an effort it will look very good indeed.

AND IF EVERYTHING HAPPENS AT THE SAME TIME..ie as teams come out,many displays have been ruined in the past by fans throwing items too early.

The quote for the card display will be with me soon so im also hoping some fans from here will contribute a little towards this.

Will keep you posted about MFC response.

I wouldnae give Aberdeen fans the steam of ma shite!! Fuck them.They should be treated the same way we were at Pitoddrie in December.

It wasnt the fans that treated our lot that way at Pittodrie, it was the clubs stewards, with or wothout the authority of the club themselves. I seem to recall a lot of Aberdeen fans saying that the way our fans were treated was wrong.

I wouldnt want us to follow suit at all. We are better than that.

We are starting to build a reputation as a progressive club, both in relation to our support / forward thinking board. Wednesday night should be the perfect example of that. Havent enjoyed a game at Fir park as much in years.

Lets keep moving forward as a club and let the others remain in the dark ages where maybe they will remain!

• Like 5

So as things stand at the moment, Clancy and Hutchinson will both miss the Aberdeen cup tie due to suspension. Another concern would be how many yellows that Ojamaa has picked up so far. Could another booking next week put him out of this game aswell? Now that would be a hammer blow for us.

Far as I'm aware everyone is currently available for the Cup tie. Aye, we'll be stretched for the league game, but we'll cope. Would be much more concerned if it were one of the Old Firm.

Our only hope of winning the Cup will be if Dundee Utd can beat Celtic in the Quarters as I don't see anyone else doing it. That said that's the very least of our worries just now, the Aberdeen quarter final is going to be one tough game for us.

Even if we did win it you'd be back on here within two hours of full-time telling us how Motherwell had ruined your summer as you'd be worrying about defence of the Cup ending in tears by someone like Gala Fairydean.

• Like 1

Scary ? Where does that come from ? From what ive seen of Page he is gonna be some player .

He looked anything but comfortable on the ball against Queens Park. Everything went backwards and put Randolph under a lot of pressure. I don't think I've seen him enough to properly judge but even at that, I haven't seen much to justify the amount of people in here convinced he's our next star centre-back. Hope he changes my opinion though!

Had not watched Aberdeen much recently until today. Quite worried now by the fact they haven't lost more than a single goal in a game this year and are unbeaten in something like 8 games now, ending Celtic winning run today.

They are due to bloody our nose sometime soon, really hope it now in the cup. :mellow:

Christ do i have to wait a week for this :cheers: .Drove to yesterdays game so for once noticed the slightly " merry " folk round about me .one guy even fell asleep at half time :thumbup: Christ knows what state they'll be in with an extra hours drinking time next Sunday. Its bums off armchairs time. some cracking games coming ,some extra fans would be welcome.