Maddest Celebration

gav212

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Up at Tannadichie in 93-94. Week after Freddy's nightmare when we won 2-1 with two classic oggys, it was the cup and the place was jam-packed. They still used the wee terracing bit in front of that "main stand" of theirs, and you literally couldn't squeeze a fart out there were that many of us in there. So you can imagine what happened when John Philliben smacked home the equaliser in the 92nd minute, we all went absolutely loopy. Best celebrations I think I can ever recall!

Up at Tannadichie in 93-94. Week after Freddy's nightmare when we won 2-1 with two classic oggys, it was the cup and the place was jam-packed. They still used the wee terracing bit in front of that "main stand" of theirs, and you literally couldn't squeeze a fart out there were that many of us in there. So you can imagine what happened when John Philliben smacked home the equaliser in the 92nd minute, we all went absolutely loopy. Best celebrations I think I can ever recall!

Aye that was a good one as well. Nearly putting the corporate box windaes in with a few hefty skelps!

As Onthefringes says there are so many to narrow down to one.

Adding to some of those not already mentioned there was Ian Angus 90th minute equaliser in at Parkhead, Dougie's winner at Ibrox in 93'94 where folk were on the track, seats were broken and shoulders dislocated in the melee that followed his goal or Willie K's goal to make it 4-3 against Celtic on the opening day a couple of seasons back.

Good times them!

Forgot all about skippy sunday! Probably the best iv been a part of, not old enough to remember some of the less recent ones.

EDIT - Could a mod change the title, it should read "The hearts semi final thread got me thinking". Dont know why i wrote hibs :P

Apart from the CIS semi-final, I'd have to say Skippy Sunday too.

The whole match was a bit mental - I remember folk shouting at the stewards when they uncovered a Celtic fan in the East Stand! :lol:

Great atmosphere from start to finish and the celebration for the first goal was mad - the second goal going in the place erupted. Fantastic day! Never forget it!

Always remember us applauding United onto the park before the cup game as thank you for the two oggys :lol:

skippy sunday was great i went mental when the second goal went in and just about slapped a celtic fan in the face when he was walking down the stairs in the cooper stand with me jumping all over the place

but the semi v hearts out does that i think :lol:

4-4 against Celtic a few seasons back. Think we were down 3-1, and Kinniburgh scored a header to make it 4-3, it was bedlam in the East Stand. Skippy Sunday is defo right up there also.

I was on holiday at the time and we were watching it in an irish pub full of celtic fans. My mate ran round the pub with his top off when we scored the 4th. Was convinced we were gona get a bleaching until they scored their 4th. some game though

Hard to beat any of the above mentioned, however 1 that sticks in my mind as pure bedlam was when Ian Ross scored the winner v Celtic think 96. The game jamie Dolan went in goals and we won 2-1 in the last minute

The video of that game was on here when Jamie sadly passed on, wonder if anyone still has the link?

It was certainly easier to go mental when on a terrace rather than the restrictive seating areas we endure now.

the shed used to have only 1 row of crash barriers, so sways and mad celebrations were commonplace. Nothing in life at the time came close to celebrating a 'Well goal against the Jambos at Fir Park in the mid-70's. The OB imposed no-mans-land would become a sea of claret and amber clad bodies bouncing all over the place goading the Gorgie (who more often than not would 'attack-attack-attack-attack-attack'.

then 2 extra rows of barriers and the segregation fence were erected. This allowed us to retain our own bit for the visits of the Mauld Firm and enjoy many a bounce up at the fence, especially the night Andy Lynch scored 2 OG's :lol: