Friday Football

summerfootball

Personally, I don't mind Friday football. It frees up the weekend a bit and I there seems to be a bit more atmosphere at the games. However, its not always ideal for long-journey away games.

However I do sympathise with those who can't make it, particularly those who have bought season tickets.

Personally I don't have much of a problem with the idea of Friday night football. I've actually quite enjoyed the few games I've been to in fact.

That's been down to a few factors:

- I don't work late on Friday

- It's only home games we've had so far I think? Minimal travel etc.

- Good atmosphere

- Free's up the rest of the weekend

- You can get a bevvy and go straight out after

- I don't have a ST so I can't get shafted

There are plenty of factors which would lead me (and others) to dislike it:

- If it's a trek to get to (Aberdeen, Inverness, Dundee away etc.) then I, and many others, won't manage in time

- If they're making last minute changes to away games (like this United game) then It's fucking with folks plans/arrangements

- If it's a home game and you're an ST holder with weekends off and you work Friday nights then It's just plain out of order

If the SPFL are wanting to properly pursue this then the games need to be arranged well in advance and the teams can't be situated far away either.

We do play plenty of midweek games, whether pre-arranged or re-arranged, throughout the course of the season anyway. Surely a Friday night is more agreeable than a Tuesday/Wednesday night?

Im getting married on the friday. Was planning goin to the game on the sat,now il have to get a tv at the reception. Thatll make me popular

Nonsense, as the considerate host that you are, you are merely going the extra mile to cater for the many football daft guests amongst your wedding party!! Your missus in fact should be delighted to be hitching up with such a considerate type! :whistling:

• Like 1

I suppose everyone's circumstances are different but I'm a Monday to Friday 9-5 man and I would much rather clock off a bit early on a Friday, have a few beers then head to the game safe in the knowledge that if it's a cup replay that goes to extra time, or a great result that I want to celebrate then I don't need to worry about working in the morning.

If I wasn't a season ticket holder it probably wouldn't bother me as much, but its another game I can;t get to and devalues my ticket. I have said this a few times now, but i really think that this will be my last year with my ST as its costing me too much. I would be cheaper paying at the gate due to the number of games I miss.

1391278420[/url]' post='405338']

If I wasn't a season ticket holder it probably wouldn't bother me as much, but its another game I can;t get to and devalues my ticket. I have said this a few times now, but i really think that this will be my last year with my ST as its costing me too much. I would be cheaper paying at the gate due to the number of games I miss.

Devalues your ticket? Game is at Tannadice no?