Two 1970S Motherwell Kits Featured

underboyleheating

Two of our 1970's kits are featured on an Admiral online poll to find the publics favourite Admiral kit. Our 1976-78 Away kit (wrong shorts!) might be worth a wee vote. It's a shame they they have ignored our 1991 cup winning kit, the 1991-92 kit and also our 1976-78 home kit.

That Coventry City away kit from the 70s is absolutley minging :laugh:

Ironically the Admiral brown Coventry away is probably one of the most iconic kits ever produced. A very brave colour choice as well!

A Motherwell version of this well used template would probably have look a bit like this...

9zr76r.jpg

When I was a boy I had a poster on my wall of all the Admiral strips. Must have been from the late 70's / early 80's. I can only remember the Well, Coventry and Leeds tops but it had enough strips to go all sound the perimeter with an action shot of two players fighting for the ball on a mudbath of a pitch. That brown Coventry strip was something else.

Quite like the Bradford City Away Kit from the late 70s posted up there.

York City used that same template for their away kit, saw an old FA Cup tie repeated a wee while ago on ESPN when they wore it against Nottm Forest on an icy pitch, goalies wearing tracky bottoms and players all wearing trainers wi' snow piled up behind the goals.

The very shirt that I helped the club shop and Bukta to produced a replica of. It was a belter! thumbup.gif

That was back in the day when, in Scotland, it was the home team that wore their change strip if there was a clash. When I was a kid it always felt a bit special to watch us play in that white effort under the floodlights on a cold Wednesday night.

When I was a kid it always felt a bit special to watch us play in that white effort under the floodlights

There is something very stylish about white football kits. Our 1970s Umbro white C&A sash away kit was top notch. The same goes for our Ian St. John white late 50’s C&A hooped top. White tops with a touch of C&A always look superb. (Although I’m sure whoever washes our kit may think otherwise!) laugh.gif

They had some tremendous kits with most of the best ones being variations on the themes of stripes down one or both sides - I like Wales Home, even Aberdeen and of course ours look great (particularly the Away). Surprised they went to the effort of doing different strips for us and Bradford.