Two 1970S Motherwell Kits Featured

underboyleheating

A wee bit surprised at that - nothing particularly special about that design,

It’s a very popular kit amongst Hammers fans Weeyin, so they probably voted on mass! Personally, I quite like it.

I’m sure that the new British owners of Admiral are going to bring out their own retro range of tops, tracksuits. Over the years their back catalogue of 70s and 80s tops has been copied by numerous companies who produce retro gear (Toffs. Scoredraw, Copa). Even we have copied and sold ‘Admiral’ retro shirts in our club shop. (the white 70s away and the 91 cup shirt) The only thing missing from these shirts was the official Admiral logo. Apart from that, they are both pretty good copies. Like Adidas, Admiral should probably have kept a tighter copyright reign on their back catalogue, as there is still a big demand for football retro gear.

We wore the Claret shorts and socks with it in it's first outing against Rangers in the 76 Scottish Cup semi final, classy.:thumbup:

I’m not certain why Admiral didn’t just give us the usual front stripe shorts, as they do go well with the top. I would have no problem in having Admiral back as our kit supplier, as their gear was always very well designed and made. There is also the sentimental side, as we wore their kit when we won the Scottish Cup in 91.

On the topic of Celtic's black players I found this on the net.

THERE were actually four Brazilians on trial at Celtic, although only two, Ayrton Inacio and Marco Di Sousa, played in the reserves. The two others, Jorge Farah and Fernando Consul, played in practice games. Although all four only stayed a short time at Celtic, Inacio later turned out with Clydebank.

Think we usually wore claret shorts with this strip

The official Admiral away shorts were white with a claret and amber stripe down each side. Like any kit, teams tended to mix and match throughout the season. We are lucky in a sense that our away kit was normally claret and amber, so switching shorts was usually not a problem. I would guess the later move to using the claret shorts/socks with our home and away was more to do with a supply problem as we were about to change kit supplier. Apart from the infamous 76 semi, the pictures below give a rough indication as to when we tended to wear the claret shorts. Either way, it’s a great looking kit! thumbup.gif

1zvsnz5.jpg

The official Admiral away shorts were white with a claret and amber stripe down each side. Like any kit, teams tended to mix and match throughout the season. We are lucky in a sense that our away kit was normally claret and amber, so switching shorts was usually not a problem. I would guess the later move to using the claret shorts/socks with our home and away was more to do with a supply problem as we were about to change kit supplier. Apart from the infamous 76 semi, the pictures below give a rough indication as to when we tended to wear the claret shorts. Either way, it’s a great looking kit! thumbup.gif

1zvsnz5.jpg

Was this not because the rules required that the shorts (and socks) also had to be diferent colours to aviod a colour clash?

The official Admiral away shorts were white with a claret and amber stripe down each side. Like any kit, teams tended to mix and match throughout the season. We are lucky in a sense that our away kit was normally claret and amber, so switching shorts was usually not a problem. I would guess the later move to using the claret shorts/socks with our home and away was more to do with a supply problem as we were about to change kit supplier. Apart from the infamous 76 semi, the pictures below give a rough indication as to when we tended to wear the claret shorts. Either way, it's a great looking kit! thumbup.gif

1zvsnz5.jpg

Re picture of WP in all white strip, anyone know what game that's from?

The official Admiral away shorts were white with a claret and amber stripe down each side. Like any kit, teams tended to mix and match throughout the season. We are lucky in a sense that our away kit was normally claret and amber, so switching shorts was usually not a problem. I would guess the later move to using the claret shorts/socks with our home and away was more to do with a supply problem as we were about to change kit supplier. Apart from the infamous 76 semi, the pictures below give a rough indication as to when we tended to wear the claret shorts. Either way, it's a great looking kit! thumbup.gif

1zvsnz5.jpg

What a cracking strip we had in the seventies....and a cracking team as well that should have done better...and the fans standing...thanks for the pics UBH

See in pic 3, we actually brought that kit back and wore it with claret short n socks to finish the season cos the one that finished in 5th place was so unpopular, even stranger that Admiral used that one with vertical stripes in the compeition.

Yes that is strange Admiral would use that one with vertical stripes in the competition considering no one really liked it.

See in pic 3, we actually brought that kit back and wore it with claret short n socks to finish the season cos the one that finished in 5th place was so unpopular, even stranger that Admiral used that one with vertical stripes in the compeition.

RE: pic 3. was it shortly after that we went to that ADIDAS kit?

Think it was so unpopular because we lost so many games in it that season.

Plus it won the "design a strip" competition, admit my effort was quite similar but not sure who actually won it.

RE: pic 3. was it shortly after that we went to that ADIDAS kit?

:nod: Yep we brought that back, got relegated and brought in adidas for the 3 years in the First Division. Another strange move considering the size of the company, would have thought a period of success would have been required to get adidas, not complaining though cos I loved that kit, much paleness or not.