Two 1970S Motherwell Kits Featured

underboyleheating

No.7 is Crystal Palace Home Kit 1977-80

It contained a diagonal red and navy sash that had been in favour with the club since 1975. The team at the time were managed by Terry Venables who later left to join QPR in the 80-81 season. The team wore the kit in their promotion year when the won the old Second Division title in the 1978-79 season. The team at the time included players such as Kenny Samson, Jim Cannon and Paul Hinshelwood.

Think one of the Celtic players might be the son of Gil Scott-Heron

Herons dad played in the early 50's that picture is from around 1965ish.....so it cant be him.

Have asked some of the "Greatest fans in the world" ,who cant id them either.....again they qoute Gil scott Heron's dad

Two kits in the top 11. laugh.gif This was a classic away kit, although we never had the usual stripes on the shorts. Instead Motherwell opted for plain white. thumbup.gif

Number 3 Motherwell Away kit 1976-78.

289ytu.jpg

:woop: number 3!

I think the claret shorts from the home strip of that era would have looked ok with the away kit....

:woop: number 3!

If they had included our 1991 cup final kit, we might have won it! laugh.gif

I reckon the early 80s England home kit will be the overall winner. England fans still worship that kit, if put to a vote I'm almost certain it would be in the top 2 or 3 among diehard England fans. Probably only to be beaten by their red 66 World Cup winning strip.

Talking of away kits, this mid 60s picture of us playing against Celtic in our amber hooped top shows two black players playing for Celtic. I don't remember any black players playing for Celtic around that time. Any old yins on here, remember this game?

k6ovk.jpg

According to a work mate whos older brother & father were at the game (SheliK)....... they say it was a couple of Brazillian trialists invited by Big Jock to play in a friendly pre season 1965

Nither made an official start to a league/cup game although one went on to play with Clydebank !

Well done UBH ...all our votes ave counted on the Admiral poll !!!!:thumbup:

Well done UBH ...all our votes ave counted on the Admiral poll !!!!:thumbup:

Looks like it, although our past strips and colours are very popular among the football kit design geeks that I chat to online. I’m sure they might have added the odd vote or two.

And the runner up is...

Number 2 - West Ham United Home Kit 1976-80.