Poor Crowd Today ?

PettyWulliegrew

I think the combination of a freezing cold day, post Christmas skintness and the last minute nature of the ties organisation combined to knock a few figures off the attendance.

Aye reckon thats the script.

Fir Park does have a habit of looking busier than you think. Estimated about 6000 myself so not far off.

Didn't think it was any more than 6000 myself either, though it very hard to tell from any one vantage point, but having watched the highlights last night the figure looked close to bang on to me.

Picked out a lot more empty seats in what were fuller looking parts from the TV view, st.mirren end in particular I thought was not full but maybe pushing 4/5ths full I definately round down my initial estimation and the east, DC and POD stands look scarcely busier than an average day.

Disappointing but wee don't tend to enjoy our away games in cup more than the ones at fir Park!

I think the crowd was given a little smaller than it was, certainly looked more than 5 and a half thousand in there.

Thought that myself at the game mate but when i watched the highlights last night there there was a hell of a lot of empty seat particularly in the cooper...

The home support was embarrassing yesterday. The 'Well fans that weren't there need to have a word with themselves and get down and support the team in these games.
Or maybe they need to have a word with their bank manager. There is an economic crisis going on right now, and not everybody has money to fritter away on football matches.

Or maybe they need to have a word with their bank manager. There is an economic crisis going on right now, and not everybody has money to fritter away on football matches.

Oi, there's no place for logical well thought out answers on here my friend!

I thought we'd have got around 8,000 yesterday but....... I reckon there was about 6,000 at the game. Its certainly changed days since the time in 1978 when St Mirren were at FP on Scottish Cup business when around 27,000 watched it. Ah those were the days. Remembering and reminiscing. :wallbash:

The home support was embarrassing yesterday. The 'Well fans that weren't there need to have a word with themselves and get down and support the team in these games.

Or maybe you could have a word with managers at 'Well fans work to demand they be let away to beef up our home crowds a bit.