Streets Around Firpark An Icerink

gilmour

It's called winter.

The council's job isn't to turn it to summer.

Streets all over Scotland are the same.

No shit Sherlock.:drinks:

It may not be there job to turn it into summer but it bloody well is their job to make sure they are safe when over 4000 people are going to have to walk on them. As Del said games have been canceled before for this very reason not that i wanted it called off i just didn't have ice skates with me for the pavements

Perhaps a point you might want to take up with NLC then Gilmour.

They've a punter who tweets about 50 times a day about their winter operations on their twitter account and regularly points out who to contact to look at roads and pavements for gritting.

Perhaps a point you might want to take up with NLC then Gilmour.

They've a punter who tweets about 50 times a day about their winter operations on their twitter account and regularly points out who to contact to look at roads and pavements for gritting.

Right i should take it up with nlc that the game was fit to go ahead despite games at FP being called off Very recently on the grounds of Health and Safety. Wheres the Match co nordiantor when you need him?

I take it you didnt have to tipie toe to the game today?

Right i should take it up with nlc that the game was fit to go ahead despite games at FP being called off Very recently on the grounds of Health and Safety. Wheres the Match co nordiantor when you need him?

I take it you didnt have to tipie toe to the game today?

Don't be so patronising. I was trying to help you!

You complained about streets being untreated. I pointed you in the direction of someone who might be able to remedy that for you.

Clearly nothing they can do about today but it might put your mind at rest when its frosty or snowy at any other home games in the winter.

NLC Winter Twitter

Alternatively

NLC Winter Services

And no I didn't tip-toe to the game. I chose to wear appropriate footwear!

This thread is a fucking topper :cry: .

I was delighted the game was on today and me and my 7 year old managed to negotiate our way from the Health Centre Car Park and traverse all the way back, without either of us decking it, and neither of us were "tippy toeing'.

NLC canae possibly grit every single street and every single path on their patch due to logistics and timeframes. I'd rather take my chances with a few icy streets than see the game postponed because the H&S brigade fear a claim coming from some miserable fucker who slipped while 'tippy toeing' to Fir Park in his fucking hush puppies :nod: .

• Like 2

It's called winter.

The council's job isn't to turn it to summer.

Streets all over Scotland are the same.

So this is you pointing me in the right direction im so very sorry i misinterpreted it as sarcasm from someone who was no where near the ground today, so therefor knows the sod route of fuk all.

As for being soft this i may be but my bones are not when they break due to untreated pavements?

Oneil i don't want them to grit every path just the ones that will get 4000 people walking on them ffs its no brainer and i had boots on not hush puppies did you go to the game either???

So this is you pointing me in the right direction im so very sorry i misinterpreted it as sarcasm from someone who was no where near the ground today, so therefor knows the sod route of fuk all.

As for being soft this i may be but my bones are not when they break due to untreated pavements?

Oneil i don't want them to grit every path just the ones that will get 4000 people walking on them ffs its no brainer and i had boots on not hush puppies did you go to the game either???

It was Andy P that was pointing you in the right direction - I was most definitely trying to be sarcastic.

I was definitely at the game. Travelling in from a neighbouring county. I can assure you that pavements freeze, are treated and re-freeze in that county too. It's a common phenomenon in the winter. You've sometimes gotta change out of your Converse.

When folk slip in the winter its sometimes down to the nasty weather - no the council.

When folk slip in the winter its sometimes down to the nasty weather - no the council.

Exactly. Sometimes you just have to take personal responsibility. If it's slippy, invest in some grippy boots and be careful. If it's too slippy for you and you're making a non-essential journey (like a football match), turn around and go home.

Nope, the council dont have to give MFC any special treatment unfortunately, therefore if they dont manage to unfreeze the streets around Fir Park because they have higher priorities then it is up the relevant authorities (ie the polis) to decide whether or not the conditions around the stadium are deemed unfit for 4000 people to attend a match at the stadium. If you have a gripe its with the polis not NLC.

Thankfully (on this occasion) the polis, trusted us to negotiate the many hazards associated with winter walking and allowed the match to go ahead.

Exactly. Sometimes you just have to take personal responsibility. If it's slippy, invest in some grippy boots and be careful. If it's too slippy for you and you're making a non-essential journey (like a football match), turn around and go home.

Fuck that, when there's a potential claim to be had or a moan to be made.

To be honest I have seen it much worse than that at Fir Park and at quite a few away games at this time of year (Gordon Young's game in charge at Tynecastle at the end of 2009 springs to mind). I'd say the worst of the weather is still to come................

Gilmour stop being a total fanny. If you have an issue with the pavements then call the council and complain. Dont bitch about it on a motherwell message board.

I walked all the way home and almost fell twice but I didnt get in and vent spleen with my local councillor. Why? Cos it's winter and roads and pavements get icy.

People moan about fuck all these days.

• Like 5

I think folk are being a touch harsh on the OP, who IMO has a legitimate grievance.

I don't think it's that unreasonable to expect the Council to make a special effort and grit the streets/pavements around Fir Park. Surely the volume of traffic/potential for some nasty falls would make them a priority?

I'd at the very least expect the Club to be out salting the pavements in the immediate vicinity of the ground, that to me is just common sense.

Winter/snow/ice is nothing new right enough, so why is it that we are so poor are coping with it in this day and age? I think part of it is you used to be able to say, yeah the Council will have been out and salted X, Y & Z by this time but now it seems to be pot luck.

Best thing to do is get a pair of those grippers that slip over your shoes, then you're not relying on anyone else to make places safe.

• Like 1

The place was fuckin fine today. The streets were like how they always are at this time of year and as Finlay says things have been a lot worse.

It's winter

But

There were no issues today

there was for me walking up Glencairn street and outside the Firpark club so how can you say there were no issues when im saying there was? Im not moaning for no reaseon IT WAS AN ISSUE TO ME and others walking it.