V Accies

Moe_Green

Bop, as you rightly point out I, you or anyone can say what they want and I'm delighted that your booing of Mccarthy is not sectarian, may I ask in that case why you will boo him ?

Its been discussed time and time again, McCarthy is Scottish yet chooses to play for Ireland. The key word being "choose". No one should be able to choose to play international football it should be an honour. If i was a footballer no other country would be good enough other than scotland, and my maws even english :(

I couldnt give a shite its Ireland he's "chosen" because he doesent want to play for Scotland and if thats the case then fuck him, i dont want him either.

I'd rather see Scotland lose with 11 committed Scotsmen on the park than win with wee arseholes like McCarthy/McGeady in the team.

He'l get dogs abuse from me from the second he walks on the park til the second Maros forces him off on the stretcher :(

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its been discussed time and time again, McCarthy is Scottish yet chooses to play for Ireland. The key word being "choose". No one should be able to choose to play international football it should be an honour.
Well, Ireland asked him and he said "yes". He didn't just turn up at Croke Park and say "Aye, I've decided to play international football today and I choose you lot."

BTW, I hope the boo boys don't start picking on Semih for choosing Germany over his native Turkey.

Fucking great post, from the Lip!!

I echo that. Nothing sectarian about it, the boy will get pelters and he fcuking deserves it. Well fans will get behind the team but that shouldn't make mccarthy exempt from any abuse, i don't agree with his decision and i'll be making those feelings well known on sat.

If the media chose to pick up on it that's their issue but i'm sure there are much more serious issues in scottish football rather than booing a scotsman for choosing ireland, that that they'll conveniantly choose not to cover.

Its been discussed time and time again, McCarthy is Scottish yet chooses to play for Ireland. The key word being "choose". No one should be able to choose to play international football it should be an honour. If i was a footballer no other country would be good enough other than scotland, and my maws even english :lol:

I couldnt give a shite its Ireland he's "chosen" because he doesent want to play for Scotland and if thats the case then fuck him, i dont want him either.

I'd rather see Scotland lose with 11 committed Scotsmen on the park than win with wee arseholes like McCarthy/McGeady in the team.

He'l get dogs abuse from me from the second he walks on the park til the second Maros forces him off on the stretcher :P

Boo away mate and enjoy it but be careful you might find yer voice gets all hoarse and you need to have a cold beer to soothe it , I'm sure you'd hate that ;)

Well, Ireland asked him and he said "yes". He didn't just turn up at Croke Park and say "Aye, I've decided to play international football today and I choose you lot."

BTW, I hope the boo boys don't start picking on Semih for choosing Germany over his native Turkey.

But he did tell the Hampden Chiefs to get tae fuck!

As for Semih what the fuck has that got to do with the McCarthy situations?

FAO Weeyin;

I couldn't give a fuck if Semih plays for Turkey, Germany or Ireland because I'm Scottish and its a Scotsman that has turned his nose up at Scotland that annoys me.

Is it not the case that Scotland turned there nose up at that particular Scotsman ?

Is it not the case that Scotland turned there nose up at that particular Scotsman ?

What when he was 16! I don't buy that at all. The fact is at the age of 17 he was offered a place in the Scotland squad. I don't mind players going to other nations if they have no chance of playing for the home nation but I'm sorry not being picked for Scotland School Boys does not give a good enough excuse to turn your back on your nation!

Like 99.99% of the home support, we're born Scots, and looking at the threads in Compost Corner 99.99% are proud to be born that way.

When fellow Scots like McGeady and McCarthy decide to turn their back on their own country, for the sake of 'an adoptive country', I think we're well entitled to hurl abuse. I worked beside McGeady's uncle and he was a bitter, twisted c**t with a dual nationality/passport so no doubt its probably been infused in him from day 1.

But... and there's always a but, can we welcome guys like Kris Commons and James Morrison without dishing out the same abuse, although its hardly likely they will play in the SPL??

Anyhow, you pay your money and you take your chances at being lifted for a racist. Personally I think their scum and deserve all they get.

When fellow Scots like McGeady and McCarthy decide to turn their back on their own country, for the sake of 'an adoptive country', I think we're well entitled to hurl abuse. I worked beside McGeady's uncle and he was a bitter, twisted c**t with a dual nationality/passport so no doubt its probably been infused in him from day 1.

But... and there's always a but, can we welcome guys like Kris Commons and James Morrison without dishing out the same abuse, although its hardly likely they will play in the SPL??

I'm a Scotland fan who abuses McGready and McCarthy when they're on a football field because they turned their back on Scotland and therefore have deprived our national team of their talent. I think McGready is a great player who would be a first team regular for Scotland, and McCarthy - although I'm yet to be totally impressed - certainly has the potential to a top player. Incidentally, the abuse is strictly on a football field. If I met either on the street I'd probably just ignore them, or maybe exchange a bit of banter, like the majority of Scotland fans did in Glasgow Airport (as well as getting photos) when McGeady was there with his missus.

I don't like it when we call up guys like James Morrison and Kris Commons instead of born and bred Scots, but then their decisions to pick another nation over their own doesn't weaken the Scotland squad (the complete opposite in fact) so I don't particularly care about their decisions, nor feel the need to give them a hard time about it.

Anyway, guys like Commons and Morrison fall into the same category as Brian McLean - guys who have chosen another nation purely because they know they aren't good enough to play for their own. I don't personally have much of a problem with that, because it's hardly "turning your back" on your national team.

How do the Irish feel about McGeady/McCarthy? They must be sick to the back teeth with squads made up of psuedo-Irish players. I think I'm right in saying that the 22 man squad Ireland sent to USA '94 had something like 6 Irishmen in it (?). I know I'd rather have 11 Scots on the pitch in blue, playing with their heart instead of some imposters, flying a flag of convenience because they can't get a game for their first choice.

International football has lost all integrity. I blame the grand-parent rule. Playing for a parent's country I can understand but they should draw the line there.

On the subject of McCarthy.... BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. He's a flash in the pan and at the moment, as his flame burns brightest, he's mediocre. No loss. If he wants to jump ship because he wasn't an automatic selection for the Scotland senior squad when he was the ripe old age of 15, fuck him. He's either spoiled, big-headed or bigotted, either way we can do without him.

...I'm Scottish and its a Scotsman that has turned his nose up at Scotland that annoys me.

Aye, that. :lol:

Ireland, England, Botswana or East Timor. RC, C of S, Muslim or Hari Krishna. I couldn't give a monkey's about the variables, the constant of a Scot snubbing Scotland is the key point.

Of course it is in relation to international fitba' Steve, but he is playing his footy in Scotland whilst pissing on our national team. We're going round and round, some will boo, some won't, it may affect him, it may not - but it'll make some people feel better that they have voiced their dis-pleasure at his 'decision'.

But he did tell the Hampden Chiefs to get tae fuck!
The Hampden Chiefs hadn't asked him at that stage, so he didn't tell them anything.

As for Semih what the fuck has that got to do with the McCarthy situations?
It's exactly the same. The guy is Turkish born and bred (with Turkish parents), but chose to play for the German national youth teams.

The Hampden Chiefs hadn't asked him at that stage, so he didn't tell them anything.

It's exactly the same. The guy is Turkish born and bred (with Turkish parents), but chose to play for the German national youth teams.

Aye same on Hampden for not speaking to a kid who was playing for Hamilton Under 15's or whatever he was when there were bigger and better players at the time taken a grip on the Scotland School Boys playing for SPL Under 17's etc! Infact he was 16 when approached by the SPL but said he would play for Ireland! Ireland had not approached him before this either!

As for the Turkish/German whatever. Naw it's naw. 1. We're not Turkish, but if we have some fans who are Turkish who want to abuse him then fair do's. 2. We're Scotland fans and McCarthy told Scotland to go fuck itself basically.

He was born in Frankfurt to Turkish parents.

As for the Turkish/German whatever. Naw it's naw. 1. We're not Turkish, but if we have some fans who are Turkish who want to abuse him then fair do's. 2. We're Scotland fans and McCarthy told Scotland to go fuck itself basically.

Well, if he ever gets the chance to line up for Ireland against Scotland and see what he's missing, remind me to boo him then. Until then, personally, I couldn't give a monkey's what he does-- we've got more than enough players of our own to abuse without worrying about the likes of him :lol:

<br />He was born in Frankfurt to Turkish parents.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

AND he only took the decision to play for German youth teams so that he could gain a passport and get permission to play in a much much higher standard of league. Semih still might revert back to play for turkey. The situations are completely different and cant be compared.