Motherwell Challenge Higdon 1 Match Ban Offer

gilmour

Club Response

Glad to see they're not just taking it on the chin.

Lasley's commented on it too: Twitter - need to be careful the SFA don't deem that as "inappropriate conduct" too.

You'd like to think las would be fine with that, just pointing out that there are issues which must be addressed, much the same way the club has in it's statement. However, given the randomness of our beloved Compliance Officer, anything's possible.

No I don't, but surely you have got to think that, ever since we played Jennings after the said don't, there have been some pretty iffy things happening to us, this being the latest. Somebody, somewhere within the SFA won't have been happy.

What a joke, I am totally pissed off at this stupid ruling.

I have sent this e-mail to the sfa, lunny, regan and doncaster.

I won't hold my breath for a reply.

"Good Afternoon,

Can you explain to me and the rest of the Motherwell supporters and, indeed, the vast majority of football fans in the country why Michael Higdon has received a 1 match ban?

The ruling states "Annex C, Offence A5: Offensive, Insulting or Abusive Language and/or Gestures".

He was celebrating after scoring a goal and raised his arm, who was offended, insulted or felt abused after his so called gesture?

Once again, one of the so called lesser teams are used as scapegoats for your nonsensical rules,

while the attendences are dwindling at such an alarming rate that within a few years nobody will attend games.

Instead of improving our game, these ludicrous rulings will make us even more of a laughing stock in world football.

In the meantime the Old Firm can continue with the jolly wee sing songs and your association does nothing".

Gordon J. Irving

No I don't, but surely you have got to think that, ever since we played Jennings after the said don't, there have been some pretty iffy things happening to us, this being the latest. Somebody, somewhere within the SFA won't have been happy.

When you criticise the paranoia of Celtic fans do you keep a straight face?

Has Celtic been done by the compliance officer? Not as if there has not been any incidents to merit the officers attention.

Lack of consistancy is bound to lead to accusations that their is a bias at work.

It's time that the clubs got together and raised their concerns about officials in the scottish game. Remember these officials are making a good money, whilst dragging the game down.

Given the amount of bans being issued every week by the compliance officer, what does it say about the standard of refereeing? Is it now time for the referees of each game to receive punishment for missing obvious incidents and apparently dealing with them in accordance to the rules that the compliance officer adheres to?

What an utterly bizarre statement from Motherwell. 'Never resulted in suspension in any game?' Griffiths santioned three times for gestures

If he honestly doesn't understand what that statement implied, he should be sacked in the morning for being completely inappropriate and under-qualified for the position he holds.

If he honestly doesn't understand what that statement implied, he should be sacked in the morning for being completely inappropriate and under-qualified for the position he holds.

He should be sacked in the morning for having pumped Michelle McManus.

• Like 4

Meanwhile, SFA press officer Darryl Broadfoot is being a complete bell end on Twitter.

OK I'm copying this from Pie & Bovril forum but here it is -

http://twitter.com/DarrylBroadfoot

What an utterly bizarre statement from Motherwell.

Wild fixation with process as opposed to right or wrong. More hysteria than Balotelli sanction. Only in Scotland.

And finally: if the CO Reference was so wrong, why did independent panel impose sanction? Stop whining, stop doing it and #focusonfootball

In my view this is a wholly inappropriate public statement from an SFA employee.

Who is this guy? I can't be arsed wasting 60 secs of my life googling him.

sfa press officer criticises motherwell fc, yet the clubs are not allowed to criticise referees and if they do are punished, i.e. managers have been banned for long periods

I would hope that the club go after this indiidual, especially if the process was started as a result of a complaint by a journalist!

I would hope that the club go after this indiidual, especially if the process was started as a result of a complaint by a journalist!

As far as ive read anyone , you or I included could instigate an investigation by giving Lunny "broadcast quality" footage of any incident you think deserves punished.

Sounds like he's being badly or certainly selectively advised.

If your reading Vinnie , is there a time bar ? If not what about that Hooper incident or have you been told to leave Celtic alone after they took on the SFA last season ?

I hope this escalates and we ban the media from FP then they will have nothing to run to the compliance officer with.

2 simple points Mr Broadfoot (and i'm trying my best to remain polite) If the referee sees it its a yellow card and not a ban, so is the ref at fault ? cause he hardly tried to hide what he was doing ?

Also as this is now an SFA rule will there be cameras at every single SFA game or is it just the spl players that are being punished ? No wonder fans are so distrusting of the media when this cannot be anything other than trial by TV.

Has Celtic been done by the compliance officer? Not as if there has not been any incidents to merit the officers attention.

Lack of consistancy is bound to lead to accusations that their is a bias at work.

The Hooper elbow on Jennings at Parkhead (in the build-up to their second goal) was completely ignored by the panel, as far as I am aware at least. And that was far less "innocuous" than any gesture made by Higdon.

2 simple points Mr Broadfoot (and i'm trying my best to remain polite) If the referee sees it its a yellow card and not a ban, so is the ref at fault ? cause he hardly tried to hide what he was doing ?

That's the thing. If the referee sees it, then it wouldn't have been a yellow card. The referee wouldn't have even battered an eyelid! Absolute joke of a decision.

According to Mr Broadfoot on Twitter, if the referee saw it, it should have been a straight red card for using "offensive or insulting or abusive language and/or gestures", per the laws of the game...