Ojamaa

CoF

We found out pretty quickly on our journey to Denmark that Odense is pronounced nothing like how we say it. The 'd' is pretty much silent, it was pronounced locally more like "oons". Bizarre.

And MyPa 47 was pronounced Moopa, but hey, how are we to know. Always happy to learn though, means we're doing something right to come up against these teams and have such players. :thumbup:

We found out pretty quickly on our journey to Denmark that Odense is pronounced nothing like how we say it. The 'd' is pretty much silent, it was pronounced locally more like "oons". Bizarre.

Aye, I'm sure everybody from Strathaven and Milngavie were scratching their heads over that one :P

Oh I would tell you if I would comprehend English pronunciation better. Plus I'm not even sure if it's that posseble for you guys to say it. Let's just say that if you would say "oh yea" (or even better "oh ya") very quickly and add "maa" to it, you would be a little closer to it.

I now sound Chinese.

• Like 1

I agree with Hint, Ojamaa's success made me, his compatriot, look up this forum and register here also. For such a small footballing country it's so enjoyable to read news about his incredible performances as well as the fans' opinion of him.

Although I have to say I wasn't expecting much of him anymore despite his quite young age as he did not succeed in Derby and afterwards not even in Bundesliga 2 or in Finland.. And a year ago Estonian national team manager said that he's not ready or not mature enough. But now he was called up and it was a bit sad to read he couldn't get away from the club, but as it is a friendly, it doesn't matter, but I sure do hope that he will play for Estonia in qualifying games and with the same skill, class and form.

Actually I am not familiar with Scottish football, probably have seen only Rangers and Celtic play, but wanted to ask that if npower Championship's footballing level is so much different from SPL's or what could have been the reason he didn't succeed in Derby?

Actually I am not familiar with Scottish football, probably have seen only Rangers and Celtic play, but wanted to ask that if npower Championship's footballing level is so much different from SPL's or what could have been the reason he didn't succeed in Derby?

Apparently there were some managerial changes at Derby and he didn't figure in the new managers plans. According to the Ojamaa interview in the match programme at the weekend Nigel Clough favoured British players and released a lot of the foreign guys.

Also sometimes players need to find the right club before they show their true potential. We are a small, friendly club and have a good record of developing players, giving them a chance to play at a good level and then move on to higher levels. We've done it with our own youth players and with players brought in that didn't have impressive backgrounds or had fallen by the wayside (Scott McDonald, Ross McCormack, etc).

• Like 1

Offtopic: Estonia won the friendly against El Salvador 2-0. Our next scheduled game is a friendly with Croatia on 25th May. Hoping to see Ojamaa in the team. :)

I believe the Scottish cup final is the 19th, so he might still be partyin by then when we win :whistling:

• 2 months later...

Not surprisingly, he has been called up for games against Croatia, Ukraine, France, Finland and Latvia or Lithuania (Baltic Cup).

Schedule:

25th May - Croatia (away)

28th May - Ukraine (away in Austria)

1st June - Finland (home, Baltic Cup)

3rd June - Latvia or Lithuania (home, Baltic Cup)

5th June - France (away)

Also: Henrik's younger brother Hindrek is on trial at Stoke City this week. :)

• 3 weeks later...