Dunfermline Vs Motherwell Discussion Thread

prideoflanarkshire

Dunfermline are total cannon fodder, but they are fighting for their lives and possible existence going by some fans information on their dire financial state.

This will not be a walk over, but I do think their confidence is at an all time low and if we can get the first goal then it will be a rout. If they get it then it could be squeaky bum time.

Honestly though, I've covered a few of their games recently and they're just pathetic. Given the state they're in, you'd expect the manager, players and fans to be raring to go and getting in other teams' faces, but they're just not. They're conceding terrible goals, the boy Smith is an absolute bombscare, their midfield is reasonably quick going forward, but terrible at getting back in, and they just don't score goals.

Understand that over confidence is always a bit of a worry for us, but I'd genuinely be amazed if we don't come away with three points at the weekend.

Craigan in for Clancy.

Humphrey for Lasley

Motherwell to win 4-1. Higdon, Law, Ojamaa and Murphy with the goals

Think Clancy is still available for Sat so expect only one change with Daly replacing Lasley.

Certainly think we are well capable of achieving a 4 - 0 result.

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Think Clancy is still available for Sat so expect only one change with Daly replacing Lasley.

Certainly think we are well capable of achieving a 4 - 0 result.

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

You are correct. STV have the wrong date next to his name, SFA website confirms ban starts 7 March

Did we once get a win at Dunfermline with a last minute goal scored by Paul Mills. Seem to remember some big argument about one of our players getting stretchered off, then we scored and everyone went mental. Just a random memory that popped into my senile head

Did we once get a win at Dunfermline with a last minute goal scored by Paul Mills. Seem to remember some big argument about one of our players getting stretchered off, then we scored and everyone went mental. Just a random memory that popped into my senile head

Yes, we did. The crowd was going mental at the ref that day before Mills popped up with the last minute winner.

Not quite sure what the script was with him as I remember many players saying he had a big future "if he shows the right attitude". He certainly had talent, so I'm guessing something else went wrong.

Honestly though, I've covered a few of their games recently and they're just pathetic. Given the state they're in, you'd expect the manager, players and fans to be raring to go and getting in other teams' faces, but they're just not. They're conceding terrible goals, the boy Smith is an absolute bombscare, their midfield is reasonably quick going forward, but terrible at getting back in, and they just don't score goals.

Understand that over confidence is always a bit of a worry for us, but I'd genuinely be amazed if we don't come away with three points at the weekend.

Someone said they'd be amazed if we didn't take three points? I'd never be amazed if we didn't take three points from anywhere but this is one we should still win. They've only kept one clean sheet since Paul Gallacher was injured and I agree Chris Smith is a bombscare although apparently he had a good game at Celtic Park and kept the score down.

I think you've under estimated their ability to score, Andy Kirk has 8 goals in the league from only 18 matches, Buchanan has 4 in 8, Cardle 6 from 16 (good for a wide player) but I reckon if you can score twice against them you are probably going to win 95% of the time.

Our recent record of scoring away from home isn't great though (1 goal in the last 5 away matches: 0-1, 0-0, 1-1, 0-3, 0-2) although we've generally played teams with better defences than Dunfermline.

I said last week I think our run in to the split is tricky so if you are being honest this should be a good opportunity to get 3 points on the board but like I said at the top it won't amaze me if we don't! They have managed two draws in their last three home matches and we ought not to be too over confident.

We did and i'm sure we were down to 10 men as Graeme Forbes got sent off.

Yes, we did. The crowd was going mental at the ref that day before Mills popped up with the last minute winner.

Not quite sure what the script was with him as I remember many players saying he had a big future "if he shows the right attitude". He certainly had talent, so I'm guessing something else went wrong.

Can also remember someone saying " Great player but he loves the Buckie " Alcohol claims another victim!

Someone said they'd be amazed if we didn't take three points? I'd never be amazed if we didn't take three points from anywhere but this is one we should still win. They've only kept one clean sheet since Paul Gallacher was injured and I agree Chris Smith is a bombscare although apparently he had a good game at Celtic Park and kept the score down.

I think you've under estimated their ability to score, Andy Kirk has 8 goals in the league from only 18 matches, Buchanan has 4 in 8, Cardle 6 from 16 (good for a wide player) but I reckon if you can score twice against them you are probably going to win 95% of the time.

Our recent record of scoring away from home isn't great though (1 goal in the last 5 away matches: 0-1, 0-0, 1-1, 0-3, 0-2) although we've generally played teams with better defences than Dunfermline.

I said last week I think our run in to the split is tricky so if you are being honest this should be a good opportunity to get 3 points on the board but like I said at the top it won't amaze me if we don't! They have managed two draws in their last three home matches and we ought not to be too over confident.

Not arguing with any of that, and I'm not saying it'll be the easiest, but Dunfermline haven't won at home this season, and have won four games all season. We've won fourteen. Mon the us.

Not arguing with any of that, and I'm not saying it'll be the easiest, but Dunfermline haven't won at home this season, and have won four games all season. We've won fourteen. Mon the us.

Thats the only statistic that worries me prior to `Well playing any team. We love to help the underdog by tradition but hopefully we will show a selfish,ruthless streak on Sat.

:doh: :doh: :doh: