Away League Form

Rickoza

I've calculated that if we manage two more away wins this season, it'll be the first time since 1933-34 that Motherwell have won 10 or more away wins in the top flight. The away form this season has been nothing short of exceptional. As it is, just four away defeats in 15 games - magnificent stuff.

I've calculated that if we manage two more away wins this season, it'll be the first time since 1933-34 that Motherwell have won 10 or more away wins in the top flight. The away form this season has been nothing short of exceptional. As it is, just four away defeats in 15 games - magnificent stuff.

Who was the tosser sorry dosser that started the thread McCall must go ? Im sure there was a thread ?

As of March 3, 2012:

Home Record: 24 pts = 7 W, 3D, 4L (20 GF, 16 GA)

Away Record: 27 pts = 8 W, 3D, 4L (20 GF, 17 GA)

Nearly identical, positive records for both home and away is top-of-the table stuff.

A little fortunate to have so many wins with a minimal goal differential. But definitely earned 3rd spot in the table so far.

Didn't we win 10 away league games in 93-94?

Nah, we had 9 wins, 7 draws and 6 defeats that year. Had we won our last two at home (1-2 v United, a win which kept them up, 0-1 v relegated Saint Johnstone, and managed to beat relegated Raith away (3-3 draw) we'd have won the league by a point! Those three games still haunt me.........

Nah, we had 9 wins, 7 draws and 6 defeats that year. Had we won our last two at home (1-2 v United, a win which kept them up, 0-1 v relegated Saint Johnstone, and managed to beat relegated Raith away (3-3 draw) we'd have won the league by a point! Those three games still haunt me.........

As I remember it Raith Rovers scored direct from a free kick in the last couple of minutes to equalize. I'm pretty sure that was the only time we failed to defeat Raith Rovers when they were a Premier League team!

The Dundee United game was a mare. Especially for big Sieb I seem to recall. The last day of the season saw Dundee go to Ibrox and get a 0-0 draw. If only.........!

I'm pretty sure that was the only time we failed to defeat Raith Rovers when they were a Premier League team!

Sadly not. Raith beat us at Fir Park only 3 days after "Jamie Dolan and Ian Ross" day and I think they beat us in 1995 also.

I remember that one as well Milo.

Those three days really encapsulated life under Alex McLeish once Tommy McLean's side has peaked.

Beating Celtic with an outfield player in goals was as likely as losing to Raith Rovers with a complement. Six wins in a row was as likely as six defeats in a row. Six games without conceding was as likely as six without scoring.

Your quite right, I counted the 3-1 win at Aberdeen which was of course the following season.

:cheers: