Season Tickets 2012/13 Thread

David

Change of plan for me - whether or not I buy a season ticket hinges almost entirely on what happens with the state of the SPL at the moment and how our club reacts. I've already signed up to the 'Well Society here and on my own so I'll keep that up.

Let's see what happens between now and end of the season. I'll still be at Euro/Cup games though

• Like 1

There was certainly a tweet by Flow a couple of weeks ago that Season Ticket packages were close to being finalised.

On Sunday however a mate suggested he'd called Fir Park and was told things were delayed as a result of the uncertainty over Rangers.

If that's the case it would kind of make sense as I suppose the club may have something of a quandry at what prices they should pitch season ticket and admission prices if Rangers began life next season in Division Three.

Do they bump up the prices to compensate from the loss of potentially two Rangers visits? Should they reduce them because the fixture card now has one, potentially two "premium" game less?

And that's not to mention the potential variables that might come to play - such as threats of fans chucking the SPL - if Rangers newco are allowed straight back in.

Bit of an awkward one for the club I think.

Change of plan for me - whether or not I buy a season ticket hinges almost entirely on what happens with the state of the SPL at the moment and how our club reacts. I've already signed up to the 'Well Society here and on my own so I'll keep that up.

Let's see what happens between now and end of the season. I'll still be at Euro/Cup games though

The clubs are in a no win situation here. Fortunately some, like Hearts, have already sold quite a few season tickets and so any boycott won't hurt them to the same extent.

I'm still confused though about this threatened boycott of season tickets. Who exactly is it aimed at? Under what circumstances would it take effect?

IF the situation of a newco arose and a vote was taken in secret with a majority of clubs/members in favour of allowing a Rangers newco back into the SPL would you boycott our STs without knowing what way we voted? Likewise if MFC voted against allowing a newco back in automatically but the vote went against us would you still refuse to buy a season ticket?

The way I see it if a boycott took place only Rangers and SFL clubs would benefit as all other clubs would see a drop in ST sales. By default if most SPL clubs were hit hard financially then SFL clubs would gain in strength on the basis that they weren't involved in any vote - a bit hit or miss.

Still confused.com

I'll simplify it as best I can:-

It's not a boycott. If a NewCo Rangers are voted back into the SPL, im not interested in Scottish football anymore.

OK Al - assuming everyone who is threatening a boycott/will become uninterested in Scottish football etc etc takes this course of action IF a Rangers newco was formed and IF it was voted back into the SPL then the voting position of MFC is pretty much irrelevant its the actual outcome that folk are focused on?

That I can understand. Thanks for clarifying.

It's not irrelevant in the sense that it's part of a greater whole, which should it go the right way then a negative fan response will be avoided, therefore it's important to contribute to a certain course of action.

However for me (and many others from what I can gather), this is bigger than the individual clubs themselves, it's a matter for Scottish football and how it is viewed by the Scottish football fans.

If Rangers are allowed back in the league, then it is the whole point of the sport in this country that has been completely undermined and rendered completely irrelevant, therefore i'm not willing to pump thousands of hard-earned pounds into it in any way, shape or form.

I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiments behind this - I would be mightily disillusioned myself if a newco was to be allowed back into the SPL its just that I think our depth of feeling could be directed better in some way to the SPL/SFA. The current online fans petition is being given little attention by the media and that worries me. I'm just not sure how the individual clubs and these two august bodies are viewing this groundswell of opinion. Are they treating it as an empty threat or worried sick about it? Perhaps if fans turned up to games but protested outside in their thousands? Say for example 12,000 Dons fans turned up for a match at Pittodrie but refused to go in and protested outside. If that was mirrored at every other non OF ground including those of SFL clubs then we'd make a very big impact indeed. The SFL clubs and their fans have a huge role to play here but have remained largely silent so far. I suppose what it boils down to is whether fans want to act or react?

Apologies if thread is going off on a tangent.

I think the SFA need to keep their counsel as there is still a disciplinary case ongoing. The way things are going I think if the sanctions the SFA announced yesterday are upheld I don't think a Newco will apply for the SPL as they will require to rebuild and could find themselves out of their depth.

Season Ticket info now up on the official I see. Seems broadly in line with last season for the East Stand - up a tenner possibly on the early bird price is it?

EDIT: Having now read the Chief Exec's bit I see the prizes are frozen.

MFC Season Tickets 2012/13

Pleased that the 4 x payments without any extra interest added is an option again this season. That really worked a treat for me personally last season.

I'll be getting one , doesnt matter where Rangers end up , if Lennon is allowed free reign to be a law to himself or if Hearts pay their players and tax bills on time.

Should be easy to get a ticket for Europe next season with the boycotters but im thinking a ST is a nice wee bit of insurance.

Season Ticket info now up on the official I see. Seems broadly in line with last season for the East Stand - up a tenner possibly on the early bird price is it?

EDIT: Having now read the Chief Exec's bit I see the prizes are frozen.

MFC Season Tickets 2012/13

Pleased that the 4 x payments without any extra interest added is an option again this season. That really worked a treat for me personally last season.

Well Society membership also brings with it a 5% discount which always helps too. I'll be renewing again.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder how many if the 2500 odd extra "Fans" that turned out yesterday will buy a ST or even be at the first home game of the new season?

As one of these "fans" that attended yesterday, no I wont be purchasing a season ticket as I work every saturday and I doubt I will be attending the first game of next season as it will be a saturday. Does that really make me less of a fan than you?

I wonder how many if the 2500 odd extra "Fans" that turned out yesterday will buy a ST or even be at the first home game of the new season?

Is the money of an occasional attendee not worth as much now?

Is the money of an occasional attendee not worth as much now?

Based on many of the people yesterday I'd say worth a fiver each, If we could harness even half of those people to attend games at full price we would boost our attendances thus generating more income.

Seems like some panties getting all bunched up today.

You would hope to turn occasional attendees into more frequent PATG punters and in a Champions League qualifying year turn some regular PATG guys and gals into ST holders as well as retaining the existing ST holders

Every one of them is surely as welcome in the eyes of the club. ST holders provide a stable predictable portion of income, hence priority on tickets etc. But we're all as valuable.

Still hanging fire on renewal maself though until the clubs stance on the bears is made public

I won't be buying a season ticket nor going to the first game of the season.

I've seen every team in the SPL bar Ross County obviously home and away with Motherwell and £20 a time to see teams I've seen over and over with very poor quality is not value for money in my opinion.

You would hope to turn occasional attendees into more frequent PATG punters and in a Champions League qualifying year turn some regular PATG guys and gals into ST holders as well as retaining the existing ST holders

I'm one of the regular/less so regular fans switching to Season Ticket Next Season! I'm also one of the Extra fans who turned up on Sunday!