Season Tickets 2012/13 Thread

David

I won't be buying a season ticket nor going to the first game of the season.

I've seen every team in the SPL bar Ross County obviously home and away with Motherwell and £20 a time to see teams I've seen over and over with very poor quality is not value for money in my opinion.

I agree that £20 is far too expensive but I'm intrigued that you think the footie is poor quality.....compared to what exactly? I've seen some gey poor Well sides over the years and last season's team was way above their standard.

I can see why some aren't considering renewing their tickets until they see how everything pans out but personally, I've just renewed mine yesterday.

For me, when I made the decision to scrape money (that I didn't really have) together for a Well Society membership the Rangers/Newco situation didn't really phase me.

I just applied the same logic to my ST renewal.

It's looking more & more likely that I'll be renewing mines this week at some point. I'm going to put my faith in our board to do the right thing for the fans and our club.

Keeping the majority of our squad together, and giving McCall some scope for a few new players wouldn't go amiss either.

Just bought mine. Had one in the East for the best part of 20 years until about 4 years ago. In the POD now, Feels good to have it back

Good stuff big man. I'll be renewing mine near you in the next week or two. They may well come in handy when trying to source tickets for Euro games if Nancy was anything to go by.

Old firm money is worth more to S.P.L clubs [Motherwell included] than the season ticket money of there own fans ,so for me its quite an easy choice they can stick there season tickets where the sun don't shine. Lets face it the big money generated by Rangers and Celtic games is worth a lot more to the club than my measly £300. Isn't that the message were hearing?

Old firm money is worth more to S.P.L clubs [Motherwell included] than the season ticket money of there own fans ,so for me its quite an easy choice they can stick there season tickets where the sun don't shine. Lets face it the big money generated by Rangers and Celtic games is worth a lot more to the club than my measly £300. Isn't that the message were hearing?

No, the message we're hearing is that it's not a choice of one or the other - the clubs need both to survive in their current form. Losing a big chunk of the income generated by the OF in terms of TV money and away support would cause even larger budget cuts than we are already facing. That's called reality.

If you choose to hear a different message to suit your own agenda, that's up to you.....

I will be renewing mine before the end of the month. It would be nice for a few extra season ticket holders from games like Sunday and the upcoming Champions league and Euro games. But as stated many cannot afford it and for others circumstances such as work and family committments rule it out also.

That said for those who decide not to renew because of a perceived injustice, then fine, I myself will not be happy if a newco Rangers get back into the SPl. That said I will be sitting at Fir Park every other Saturday while the nay sayers stew in their own anger and bile :nod:

• Like 1

IF you listen to the old firm

Letter from Celtic Green Brigade to their board regarding Celtic's Position on the Newco.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/heit4v

If a lot are considering not renewing, might be a thought to send some kind of similar letter to our board from season ticket holders on here? (of which I sadly am not one due to not being able to attend enough)

Letter from Celtic Green Brigade to their board regarding Celtic's Position on the Newco.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/heit4v

If a lot are considering not renewing, might be a thought to send some kind of similar letter to our board from season ticket holders on here? (of which I sadly am not one due to not being able to attend enough)

I'd suggest Celtic are in a different situation here. If the club alienated some fans by siding with Rangers and lost say 4,000 season ticket holders in the process, then all that would happen is that another 4,000 currently on the waiting list would step in and snap them up. From Celtic's point of view no difference - same level of sales, those who want to attend attend and those who want to walk away do.

The proof of the pudding is how Celtic vote not what they say (if anything) in public.

Celtic are playing a smart game. They will be the last to vote. If the vote is in favour of letting a NewCo in then all they will do is vote against it to safe face...

If it is heading to against, again they will vote no as nothing to lose, but everything to gain.

Celtic will be hoping for the first scenario though!

Got my season ticket in the post the morning. The ticket office are really on the ball this year. I was not expecting it till July at the earliest.

Got mine recorded delivery yesterday. Roll on next season.

Posted mine away at the start of the week.

I have respect for those holding off in principle at the Rangers thing but I have to admit I'm a sap when it comes to things like boycotts. I would find it extremely difficult to carry through a boycott when I knew there was a Motherwell game taking place at Fir Park, that was within my means of getting to. The fact is I'm almost 99% likely to go if I can. Therefore a season ticket makes most sense and does getting it at this time at the best possible price.

Perhaps worth noting though I signed up to the Standing Order option of 4 x (interest free) payments. I hadn't clocked that they were intending taking the first payment on 15th May so they are going to take a double payment in June. Maybe worth keeping in mind if anyone was thinking of taking up the Standing Order option.

Boycott is the wrong word Andy

A lot of guys I used t see at games don't go any more because their view has changed about what they spend their money on and how they view the club - they haven't 'boycotted'

I'm pretty sure if theings pan out like they could folk would just change their view on football as a whole - it isn't a 'boycott'. It's just viewing top level football differently and dare I say it 'walking away'

A boycott is taking a stance to effect a response from a target (i.e.the club(s))

What will happen with this situation is that if a particular situation transpires then it will just drive people away.

Some folk are just waiting to see how it pans out

• Like 3