Scotlands Top Ref And His Muppet Linesman

Bigwellfan

The ref never missed the penalty and it wasnt him that left that guy unmarked for a free shot for their second . You need to have a screw loose to want to be a ref or linesman . Scottish officials are the worst now than ever before inconsistant and incompitant the lot of them. If Thomsons the best then then we are in a bad way :wank:

See with deciions like that corner one. How is it physically possible for the linesman not to have seen that?

There should really be some sort of punishment/warning system to deter from the possibility of giving mad decisions like that. Like say a linesman gets a bit of stick from behind him and thinks, right fuck yous, and gives a wee corner. Considering he probably won't get pulled up for it, surely assistants might be tempted to do that now and then if he knows there wont be any consequences?

Its a conspiracy I tell ye.

He is fucking terrible, he has been pish for years and he is alledgely Scotlands top official. If UEFA have any sense they won't allow the useless prick near another match in Europe never mind a major finals. I thought Charlie Richmond was the worse ever but this knob runs him very close

The penalty in that german game isn't that bad a decision, the player completely conned him, he waited till the defender cut across the back of him before going down so i don't really think the ref can be blamed for that. When you watch it the first time, not slo-mo, it looks like a foul.

HOWEVER

Yesterdays decision was shocking, i agree with Martin, there should be some sort of punishment for giving a decision like that.

And on another note, linesmen are generally responsibility-shy wanks and usually shite it from giving decisions even when they've got a great view. I think they think their jobs are just to indicate for the crowd what the refs decision isfacepalm.gif

The linesman in that penalty never even done anything and he was twice as close as thomson haha Davybhoyssmiley.gif

• Like 1

The penalty in that german game isn't that bad a decision, the player completely conned him, he waited till the defender cut across the back of him before going down so i don't really think the ref can be blamed for that. When you watch it the first time, not slo-mo, it looks like a foul.

i thought it was an awful decision, if Thomson was so far behind play then surely his linesman, who should have been in line with play, should be telling him.

Thomson is complete cock

Why do refs everywhere have to be complete cocks and make stupid decisions? It even happens in my amateur ice hockey!

Obviosuly it's hard to get decisions right when they get 1 look and somethimes it can be quite high paced and difficult to see.

But how the **** did that linesman not see that one yesterday?? I think thomson probably thought it was a corner and the linesman - like all linesmen - was too much of a shitebag to overrule him.

Why do refs everywhere have to be complete cocks and make stupid decisions? It even happens in my amateur ice hockey!

They see things from a specific angle, have to watch 5 or 6 things and once, and deal with 'professionals' constantly trying to con them.

If they make 100+ decisions in a game and get even half a dozen wrong, it's not great, but I have some sympathy. I'd like to see the standard improve, but I can't see why anybody with half a brain would want to be involved at the top level.

Essentially the S.F.A have put us out both cups this season. This decision yesterday and Bob McHugh's goal against Hibs!

I don't know that we can blame them for putting us out both competitions but they certainly had a significant influence on the course of both games. Add to that Henrik's stonewall penalty claim at Tannadice and we have grounds for complaint.

A couple of seasons back, we were playing Celtic and they got a corner, that wasn't a corner, and ended up scoring from it. I'm pretty sure I was more angry about that one, than I was about this. I'd imagine it's something to do with maturing a bit, because back then I just thought it was the referees fault but now I realise that it our fault just as much as theirs. It might not have been a corner but it doesn't mean we shouldn't be defending it properly.

The ref didn't give Aberdeen a goal he gave them a corner. Doesn't matter how good or bad the decision was Motherwell had a chance to defend the corner & see the ball up the park or safely out of play. Not trying to excuse the decision but we lost a goal due to our inability to defend a corner.

The ref didn't give Aberdeen a goal he gave them a corner. Doesn't matter how good or bad the decision was Motherwell had a chance to defend the corner & see the ball up the park or safely out of play. Not trying to excuse the decision but we lost a goal due to our inability to defend a corner.

A corner that wasn't a corner, end of the day if it was given as a goal kick we wouldn't be having this discussion so refs to blame 100%

• Like 1

HOWEVER

It was clearly a shocking decision, I watched the game and in real time it looked like he fell over his own feet so sorry but Thomson is clearly a jerk and an amateur as the Schalke coach called him. Didnae take him long to suss him out, nor us, so why the SFA can't see it is beyond me, unless they're complicit.

See to be completley honest, its not the terrible decision which bothers me most. Its the reaction, or lack of to it that really sticks in my craw.

If that incident had happened live on TV against either of the Old Firm, resulting in them exiting the cup, it would be world war 3 in the TV studios, press, internet forums and phone ins.

Fuck, Celtic would probably be calling for Thomson to be sacked. Certainly his UEFA performance would also be dragged into the arguament to show how bad he can be.

This, in my opinion is one of the many problems with Scottish football, the fact that the reporting and commenting infrastructure around the game is all so heavily based around the Old Firm. Incidents happen to anyone else and its swept under the carpet, no-one cares.

• Like 2

They see things from a specific angle, have to watch 5 or 6 things and once, and deal with 'professionals' constantly trying to con them.

If they make 100+ decisions in a game and get even half a dozen wrong, it's not great, but I have some sympathy. I'd like to see the standard improve, but I can't see why anybody with half a brain would want to be involved at the top level.

£800 / £1k per game with no consequences for making a complete a**e of your job? Seems like a pretty sweet deal to me!

Surely the referee must have seen Scott Vernon's reaction to the incident? He clearly runs away fully expecting a goal kick to be awarded. The Motherwell players reaction wasn't that of players who had seen a 50/50 call given against them, they were incredulous that such a glaring error had been made. How often in these situations do you see the referee award a free kick for nothing to avoid a goal being scored? Andrew Considine had 2 hands on Clancy when he headered the ball so Thomson had an easy chance to get out of it, but he's such an arrogant prick he won't admit to any errors.

It's a valid point that we had a chance to defend the corner, but the bottom line is that Darren Randolph should have been taking a goal kick instead of trying to organise a defence full of players furious at an error that has given Aberdeen a dangerous set piece.

Ivan Sproule criticised him for a decision given against Hibs - which was later proven to have been incorrect - and his response was to publicly criticise Ivan Sproule for not qualifying for the Euros? Arrogant prick. Ivan Sproule was suspended for it as well I'm sure. McCall will no doubt also now face sanctions for pointing out a glaring error.

Add in Clarky's inability to see out of his eye due to blood streaming into it, and Thomson deeming this not to be a head knock and Hearts scoring seconds later, he has previous!

Surely the referee must have seen Scott Vernon's reaction to the incident? He clearly runs away fully expecting a goal kick to be awarded. The Motherwell players reaction wasn't that of players who had seen a 50/50 call given against them, they were incredulous that such a glaring error had been made. How often in these situations do you see the referee award a free kick for nothing to avoid a goal being scored? Andrew Considine had 2 hands on Clancy when he headered the ball so Thomson had an easy chance to get out of it, but he's such an arrogant prick he won't admit to any errors.

It's a valid point that we had a chance to defend the corner, but the bottom line is that Darren Randolph should have been taking a goal kick instead of trying to organise a defence full of players furious at an error that has given Aberdeen a dangerous set piece.

Ivan Sproule criticised him for a decision given against Hibs - which was later proven to have been incorrect - and his response was to publicly criticise Ivan Sproule for not qualifying for the Euros? Arrogant prick. Ivan Sproule was suspended for it as well I'm sure. McCall will no doubt also now face sanctions for pointing out a glaring error.

Add in Clarky's inability to see out of his eye due to blood streaming into it, and Thomson deeming this not to be a head knock and Hearts scoring seconds later, he has previous!

And a heluva lot more previous against us for by that, never mind any other games he's handled. Utter cock.