Hibs V Motherwell. Discussion

postiejim

Lasley suspended.

Thought that.

If today was anything to go by I'd start with Jenno and Law in the middle of the park. Any of Humph, Daley and Murph right/left. That's if we're going 442

The other option is play Carswell, Jenno and Law as a central midfield three in a 451 with Higgy upfront alone. Ojamaa has looked decent wide left at times.

I'd stick with 442 though.

thought the hibs defence work well today to kill our attacks I would also say our passing in the final third lets us down too

however I'm happy with a point away at easter road

a decent point in the end.

we had good possesion but didn't make many chances. henrik had a mare so we only really had humphrey as a creative spark and even though he did ok his final ball was terrible. we could have done with getting width on the left earlier, this was another game where we were crying out for a change at half time.

hutchy was immense, page and carswell both looked comfortable and las was very good. if randy got a touch on the shot that hit the bar then it was some save.

For me player of the season and McCalls best and most consistant signing .

Below Randolph, Hammell, Jennings, and, Lasley imo. He is versatile and has been a shrewd signing (one we needed after Saunders' injury) but, for me, nowhere near POTS.

Lasley suspended.

How long for this time? Page unavailable for next two games I take it?

Humphrey was our MOTM without a doubt. A point is better than nothong but I thought we were shocking in the first half. I still feel Higdon has contributed very little since we beat Hibs 4-3. Ojamaa has went off form and Law probably justified his not being hooked with that goal. Lasley didn't have his best game but fair play to Hutch, Page, and, Clancy at the back.

How long for this time? Page unavailable for next two games I take it?

Not sure about Page as it was 2 yellows rather than a straight red, thought that might only be one match perhaps? I gave up on trying to figure out the disciplinary system a while ago.

Meant to say earlier, huge thanks to the couple (if either of you are on here) who were handing out their spare comps to the game today. Glad I got to go home with £22 still in my pocket!

I thought Law had a good game even despite his goal.

Assured in possession and rarely gave the ball away cheaply. Biggest problem for him recently is he's being played wide left and it doesn't suit him. He's rarely available in that position too as he gravitates to a more central area.

That said, I wouldn't have him in the middle of the park if Jenno and Las are available.

Not sure about Page as it was 2 yellows rather than a straight red, thought that might only be one match perhaps? I gave up on trying to figure out the disciplinary system a while ago.

Meant to say earlier, huge thanks to the couple (if either of you are on here) who were handing out their spare comps to the game today. Glad I got to go home with £22 still in my pocket!

Aye, could just be one game. When it kicks in though? Anybody's guess.

New SFA website is an absolute nightmare, can't find the suspensions anywhere as it tells you there.......

Found it! These are the most recent....

30/03/12 ADAM ASHGHAR (MOTHERWELL F.C.) 1 SPL Under 19 match immediate

31/03/12 KEITH LASLEY (MOTHERWELL F.C.) 1 SPL First Team match from 14/04/2012

01/04/12 LIAM CRAIG (ST. JOHNSTONE F.C.) 1 SPL First Team match from 15/04/2012

01/04/12 ANTHONY WATT (CELTIC F.C.) 1 SFA Youth Cup match

01/04/12 JASON NAISMITH (ST. MIRREN F.C.) 1 SFA Youth Cup matc

Watched the game on tv, Billy Dodds is a wee knob, slating Hately saying he is the weak link and Hibs should exploit him. I'm not saying he is the best right back but having played 132 games on the trot who has been more consistent

IMO Hatley is a weak link in our team.

But he rarely let's us down in his defensive duties.

He trys to over play sometimes and links poorly with whoever is in front of him.

His delivery can be quality at times though.

Most will tell you he's 10x the RB than a CM. I wonder how he'd do as a RM.

We'll probably never know as we're well stocked in that position.

Why did it take us till the second half to start playing? We were absolutely howling in the first half!!! Really disappointing.

Nobodys mentioned O'Connor should've been off!! Has a kick after the ball is gone and is only booked?!?!

Also, what was Humphrey booked for? Looked very soft yellow from where I was sitting.

Why did it take us till the second half to start playing? We were absolutely howling in the first half!!!

Didn't think we were all that bad first 45. It took a great strike to separate us and I can't think of many heart in mouth moments other than that.

Hibs sat deeper and deeper as the game wore on. Maybe that made us look more threatening but we still created a similar amount of chances in each half.

hateley hasn't been the same since the game at tynecastle where he had a shocker, up until that point he was one of our best players imo probably only bettered by lasley in terms of consistancy.he does seem to struggle against wingers that like to dribble at pace but no way would i say he's a weak link in our team

hateley hasn't been the same since the game at tynecastle where he had a shocker, up until that point he was one of our best players imo probably only bettered by lasley in terms of consistancy.he does seem to struggle against wingers that like to dribble at pace but no way would i say he's a weak link in our team

That was pretty much the game I was thinking of when I said he had only let us down a couple of times defensively.

As a defender I think he's good.

Look at our left side. Hammy links flawlessly with anything going forward.

My point is that this is the part Hateleys game that needs to improve.

Maybe Humphry too.

They seem on different wavelengths at times.

That was pretty much the game I was thinking of when I said he had only let us down a couple of times defensively.

As a defender I think he's good.

Look at our left side. Hammy links flawlessly with anything going forward.

My point is that this is the part Hateleys game that needs to improve.

Maybe Humphry too.

They seem on different wavelengths at times.

I think the only reason Hammy links flawlessly with anything going forward is because he has to wait about 10 seconds before anyone appears down the left for him to pass to, so he has plenty of time to weigh it up. Our left flank at times seems to consist of our left back only. I actually think Hateley and Humphrey link up very well on the right, I think the problem when it doesn't work is that too often Humphrey stands still, waiting for the ball to feet rather than getting the jets on.

However, I certainly wouldn't say he's a weak link. He dives in too often (especially against pacy wingers like Sproule and Templeton) but for every time he gets caught, he'll put in a great saving tackle, as seen today. I think he really just needs a bit of competition to keep him on his toes (and maybe a rest), something that should be coming for the last few games with Saunders back on the verge of fitness.

Mentioned O'Connor's escape on Twitter. Can't believe that wasn't a straight red if you think of the sort-of things carded in the past. Most notable sending off I've ever witnessed in that regard was the one Stevie McMillan got at Pittodrie for swiping a kick at fresh air some few feet from the opposition player.

Mentioned O'Connor's escape on Twitter. Can't believe that wasn't a straight red if you think of the sort-of things carded in the past. Most notable sending off I've ever witnessed in that regard was the one Stevie McMillan got at Pittodrie for swiping a kick at fresh air some few feet from the opposition player.

Anyone watch the game on telly? Was it picked up on by the commentary muppets? Wonder if Mr Lunny will get his VCR out for this one?

I think whether this proves to be a vital point, or two points dropped is only going to become apparent in the fullness of time.

Could have been better. Could have been worse. But the cold hard fact that we'd have been staring a defeat in the face had it not been for an equaliser in the last 10 minutes means at the moment, for me at least, it's been a pretty successful afternoon's work.

I thought we were a bit unlucky to go in behind at the break. It was far from a vintage performance certainly but nobody had really stood out between either of the two teams. We'd had the bulk of the play whilst they were being kept well in check until O'Connor's wonderful free-kick.

Pleasing to see the response in the second half. After they hit the bar we dominated and the draw was the least we deserved out of it. Lovely finish from Nicky Law.

Looked from my view that Johnny Page had taken one for the team with the sending off although it was difficult to see what he had been booked for in the first half. It appeared that Stack hadn't fully taken control of the ball and he was entitled to make a challenge but how aggressively he's gone and whether it merited a booking, I couldn't say.

Whether by accident or design Hump has come into his own a lot more in recent weeks. Started fairly well today but quickly looked to be marked out of things. I've seen him vanish in circumstances like in the past but it was to his credit he ended up primary threat throughout much of the second half. Perhaps that spell where he spent a month or so coming off the bench is proving to be our benefit. He did pretty well as an impact sub then and we seem to be benefiting from him being that bit more fresh now as well.

So, as we were with St Johnstone but another point better off against Dundee Utd, with one game more chalked off the list. Just need to keep our nerve, keep totting up the points and hopefully we'll get there.

• Like 1

I like Hately sometimes he does come unstuck against good wingers but overall he's a decent right back who can play a decent ball into the box. I think we're fine defensively and in midfield too im sick of saying this but it's up front we're struggling.The Big Tumptshie was pants again OJ's off form as is Murphy and Daley Only Humprey is doing ok for us at the moment and our forwards could still torpedo our Euro dream.Im happy with a point today cos it looked a 1-0 defeat all the way. :cheers:

• Like 1

I think the only reason Hammy links flawlessly with anything going forward is because he has to wait about 10 seconds before anyone appears down the left for him to pass to, so he has plenty of time to weigh it up.

I don't think that's a reaonable excuse. A full back should have enough time on the ball to pick the right pass. Perhaps he should take a little more time to weight thing up. I noticed him play long balls to absolutly nobody a couple of times today.

I'm not trying to get stuck into the guy. I was guessing (didn't hear Dodds's comments) that he was getting grief for his defensive duties.... I'll say it again - he rarely lets us down on that front.

It should be the easiest thing in the world to give a winger with the pace Humphrey has a ball to run on to. How often do we see Humphrey and Hateley pick the wrong options.

Maybe "weak link" is harsh. Though outside this issue I don't have many complaints about how our team plays. I find it frustrating that a simple ball which could unlock oppositions defences is being misplayed too often.

How the fuck is lasley suspended again? Surely after all his suspensions of late we get the slate wiped clean? Is he really so far down the line that he now gets a ban for every two yellow cards??

As for the game, not the worst result in the world, as you were against st j& gained a point on united. Crucially, wer getting to the stage they will start to run out of games soon..... hopefully