Another Trip To The Highlands

SteelmaninOZ

The make up of the SPL next season is going to be interesting (no grfc...please!) and a wee trip to Dingwall.

Having never been to Dingwall I have a few questions:

Is Ross County's ground up to SPL standards?

Do the trains still run to Dingwall and more importantly out of Dingwall?

Would the SPL have Motherwell or any other SPL team playing three away games in a row to Inverness, Dingwall and Aberdeen?...and one of them a midweek game?

Any good pubs in Dingwall?

Any good hotels B&B's in Dingwall?

Worried fan on the Gold Coast Australia.

I'm sure I read they have been granted permission to groundshare with ICT as Victoria park isnt up to SPL criteria at present

EDIT: http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=s2&newsid=11214

BBC more detail, above is only a backup plan so hopefully we'll get to Victoria park

Got a few county supporting mates, one was telling me that their ground isn't to standard yet but their chairman owns a construction company or something, he doesn't think it'll be a problem and they'll have their ground ready in time. Trains/buses in and out of Dingwall regularly! At least one extra game a season for me so chuffed with that!

Have been to Victoria Park several times,including a Motherwell game when Backpass was in charge.

It has seen considerable development in recent years, (2 new stands and a youth academy), but I'd hate to see them forced to develop the Jail End, not sure if this is part of the plans. They have lodged a request to initially share with ICT, and could well attract bigger crowds than their neighbours.

VP is fairly central to the town centre, as is the train station. Closest pub to the ground is the Mallard, (right on the station platform). the High street leads from here with 2 hotel bars at that end.

Fancy a posh overnight stay, try the Tulloch castle Hotel.

The make up of the SPL next season is going to be interesting (no grfc...please!) and a wee trip to Dingwall.

Having never been to Dingwall I have a few questions:

Is Ross County's ground up to SPL standards?

Do the trains still run to Dingwall and more importantly out of Dingwall?

Would the SPL have Motherwell or any other SPL team playing three away games in a row to Inverness, Dingwall and Aberdeen?...and one of them a midweek game?

Any good pubs in Dingwall?

Any good hotels B&B's in Dingwall?

Worried fan on the Gold Coast Australia.

Train station is a 2 minute walk to the ground, reckon train to inverness then change for Dingwall.

Town centre has enough pubs to cater for fans.

Actually is quite a nice wee clean town, even if a bit non- descript.

Cracking covered terrace behind the goals, with the now defunct prison behind that ........ thus the Jail End

Aye, Roy MacGregor was on the radio the other weekend saying that they're developing the Jail End, but I think the additional seating was possibly just for the away end. He said that although the deadline for meeting capacity has technically passed, hence their groundshare arrangement with ICT, they were pushing ahead with the redevelopment work and were hopeful that common sense would prevail, allowing them to use their ground if it's ready by July. They're also relaying the pitch to put in the under soil heating. He came across incredibly well and sounded like someone who just has a huge enthusiasm for their local club and wants to help them be all they can be (in a similar vein to John Boyle).

Cracking stadium, have been up there in hospitality before through the old man's work, will be a great atmosphere up there.

Chuffed to bits County will be in the SPL, always had a soft spot for them since I went to school up that way. County probably have a bigger fan base than ICT (def better anyway) so I'm sure they'll be a welcome addition to the SPL. The Highland derby will also be decent for the SPL, I went to a good few of them when they were both in the 1st division and it was always a sell out and decent atmosphere.

Looking forward to the away trips :cheers:

I'm not going to kid anyone on...

The chances of me travelling all the way up there to watch the 'Well are slim Vs nil (never been to caley stadium too).

Will be nice to see a new team in the SPL.

I'd still rather Dundee or someone who'll bring more than a few 100 to Fir Park though.

Seen them a couple of times recently including yesterday's win at Livingston. They'll have to improve to survive in the SPL as they were not too convincing against Ayr and Livingston despite the victories.

When their chairman was on the radio a couple of weeks back he spoke about this and said they were under no illusions about the need to strengthen and improve to cope in the SPL. Also said they'd be aiming simply for 11th in their first season, then looking to build from there. Very realistic targets and approach, I felt.

Looking forward to them coming up, and having family up around Inverness area, it's going to be a good excuse for an away trip.

I'm sure I read they have been granted permission to groundshare with ICT as Victoria park isnt up to SPL criteria at present

EDIT: http://www.scotprem....s2&newsid=11214

BBC more detail, above is only a backup plan so hopefully we'll get to Victoria park

Yip ground share with ICT and Uncle Tel been approved

I'm not going to kid anyone on...

The chances of me travelling all the way up there to watch the 'Well are slim Vs nil (never been to caley stadium too).

Will be nice to see a new team in the SPL.

I'd still rather Dundee or someone who'll bring more than a few 100 to Fir Park though.

Better hope we don't get Ross County at Fir Park midweek. One of their fans posted about taking just 80 fans to an away game at Ayr this season. Still, that beats the worst I've seen at Fir Park for an top-flight game. Saint Johnstone once brought just 64 fans for a midweek game, 93-94 it was, a relatively short 60 mile drive and I do recall that there were just 2 match programmes sold to away fans - and they were in the South Stand. I know we wouldn't take a large support up there midweek but I'd like to think we could at least double the 80 figure.

The Jail End in the top pic, and that's me in the middle pic, (with the youth academy behind,) sitting in the stand was dull. took me 3 hrs to get there from Kinlochbervie :dash2: and it was quite possibly one of the worst games I'd ever seen. We were lucky to get the draw :nod:

I was up there today and spoke to their PR/Marketing guy, He was telling me about the work going on.

Obviously the SPL all seater requirements means new Stands, they will have to dig up the pitch to put in USH and new drainage as they have a similar problem to us in terms of at a fairly shallow depth its all clay.

The stantions can take SPL standard lights and that's in hand.

They will have to use the Groundshare option at ICT for part of the season.