• Stuart Carswell
    • Michael Higdon
    • Keith Lasley
    • Chris Humphrey
    • Jamie Murphy
    • Omar Daley
    • Steven Saunders
    • Null Vote

Good performances from Law and Humphrey. Law kept plucking away trying to create while Humphrey once again, provided our sole attacking outlet. Page also put in a very steady performance against two good strikers.

Motm without doubt though has to be Hutchison. Excellent performance, commanding throughout.

Second match in a row that there's not been much to call between our team.

Honourable mention go to; Hutch (voted for him last week so won't this), Clancy done well out of position, Page despite his red card didn't look out of place and Humph who despite being marshalled well caused some problems.

I went for Law. Many on here have said he should be getting dropped. I don't see that. His goals and assist record should really speak for itself. Despite his goal today he still looked one of our most comfortable players on the ball and rarely gave it away cheaply. All in an unnatural position for him.

Got the important goal too.

Humphrey for me, showed lots of spark on the ball, created a few good chances for Higdon, looks full of confidence, and put a great shift in. Mentions for Hutch & Law.

Humphrey for me as well. Despite having at least 2 men on him at all times, he got a lot of joy on the right wing and delivered some decent balls in (unfortunately no takers though). Closely followed by Hutchinson, who was extremely solid at the back and coped well with the strength of O'Connor and trickery of Griffiths.

Good performances from Law and Humphrey. Law kept plucking away trying to create while Humphrey once again, provided our sole attacking outlet. Page also put in a very steady performance against two good strikers.

Motm without doubt though has to be Hutchison. Excellent performance, commanding throughout.

Agreed. Difference between Hutch and Humphrey getting it was Hutch was on top all game, while it took Humph a while to get the better of his man.

I thought Hutchy had an outstanding match against a diificult referee and opponents. He was my MOTM. Tim Clancy was also in the running and may have sneaked it had we used him better in an attacking sense in the second half. For long spells Chris Humphrey was our only attacking threat and did well.

how can humphrey be the motm when he didn't deliver one decent ball all game?

hutchy was a class apart on the day and page and carswell showed that if get opportunities they will grow into the spl.

You're right. He didn't have one decent ball in. He had over half a dozen. It is not his fault our midfield cannot arrive into the box if their life depended on it.

Where were Higdon and Ojamma when these half a dozen great balls came into the box ?

Mostly in the box - but then at that time there were about 6 or 7 Hibs defenders. Any ball, which is connectable between the 6 yard line and the penalty spot is a good ball - more often than not a great ball. Because our team do not realise that the strikers need support in the box, especially around the back (even at corners) doesn't mean the crosser has put in a poor ball.

• Like 1

Mostly in the box - but then at that time there were about 6 or 7 Hibs defenders. Any ball, which is connectable between the 6 yard line and the penalty spot is a good ball - more often than not a great ball. Because our team do not realise that the strikers need support in the box, especially around the back (even at corners) doesn't mean the crosser has put in a poor ball.

I'm not disagreeing ,its been a problem all season not getting enough support into the box especially midfield players,lets be fair on Higdon though ,he cant possibly be expected to get up to the pace of Humphrey ,Daley or Ojamma ,in fact hes very rarely anywhere near box by the time our wingers hit the byline. And that's not a major criticism, the guy is just slow.

See that is where I think Humphrey has began to adapt his game. Before it was all "get the ball to the touchline and cross (badly?) right away". Many time now he actually looks up, kills the ball and then crosses it - sadly - still it seems that he is trying to put it on Higdon's head and no one else (with about 7 defenders to miss at the same time).

While lets be honest - the day Motherwell figure out having a player running at the back post at a corner might pay dividence is the season we win the league (as was shown again on Sunday when Stack fluffed an easy claim) :(

• Like 2

how can humphrey be the motm when he didn't deliver one decent ball all game?

hutchy was a class apart on the day and page and carswell showed that if get opportunities they will grow into the spl.

OMG... i cant believe that post.... he put at least ten good balls into the middle, with the odd over shoot, he was the most effective attacking option on the pitch, he beat his man 9/10 times and thats with him being pulled back every time he tried to get to the byline.

Cut back to Higdon, which Higgy made a hash of, a cross straight onto Higdons head, which he made a hash of.

Sorry mate i dont think you were at the same game Humphrey was at his best, and looking confident and dangerous.

Higdon's not the best at attacking a cross.

Humphrey's delivery could obviously be better but there was a reasonable number of decent crosses on Sunday. The lack of anyone playing on the left hand side also meant we had nobody to attack the crosses from both Humphrey and Hateley. There was scope to score a similar goal to Murphy's previous effort at Easter Road.

• Like 1