Well Made To Look Very Bad In Press

mfcmainstand

Painful listening to the man in 'control' being such a Buffoon

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/tv_and_radio/7670512.stm Doesn't sound like Ian Stillie does it?://http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/sco...tillie does it?://http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/sco...tillie does it?

he publicly declared the £15 as being available to both sides of the old firm, and the cheap family deals to all the others.

Now remember 'Well fans are paying over the odds for this game as well

I'm dead against the preferential pricing for Old Firm but it concerns me more that due to incompetence our club once again looks 'amateurish'

I'm sure they can't relegate you for a first offence, I'd like to see THAT in courts.

They'll hammer us and make sure we get a pitch for next year, which I have every confidence we will.

Stillie seems to be to blame for a lot of what's went wrong...

Very good, I didn't get into Parkhead for £15 so they shouldn't get in here for that.

Exactly. A point ignored by the press and somewhat surprisingly by our own fans. Given that we slashed prices for Celtic fans did they slash prices for us as a gesture of goodwill. Come on now I can't hear you!

Charge them £26 I say.

Exactly. A point ignored by the press and somewhat surprisingly by our own fans. Given that we slashed prices for Celtic fans did they slash prices for us as a gesture of goodwill. Come on now I can't hear you!

Charge them £26 I say.

I'll give you a reply Dave

WE HAVE NOT SLASHED PRICES FOR CELTIC FANS we only threatened to, we never actually followed through on the ludicrous deal, hence they are pissed off and all the other clubs fans are pissed off and just for good measure a number of our own fans are pissed off at the shambles, Hell the only ones that are lapping this up are the Rangers fans who did get in for £15

Let's face it. Every club needs to make their money, but at the same time they need to attract bigger crowds for every game.

I have no idea about all the financial figures, but if all teams reduced their prices to a fair and affordable amount for fans to be able to go to most games, then surely they would still make their money? Lower prices would mean bigger crowds surely? Price cutting initiatives that Motherwell have done in the past have attracted bigger crowds have they not?

Let's face it. Every club needs to make their money, but at the same time they need to attract bigger crowds for every game.

I have no idea about all the financial figures, but if all teams reduced their prices to a fair and affordable amount for fans to be able to go to most games, then surely they would still make their money? Lower prices would mean bigger crowds surely? Price cutting initiatives that Motherwell have done in the past have attracted bigger crowds have they not?

You don't just need bigger crowds - they need to be big enough to offset the price reduction. For example, at half the price you obviously need twice as many paying punters to come in, and I don't know if any price cuts have evenr yielded that much of a response. You also risk alienating season ticket holders who might feel their investment is being devalued if reductions are implemented mid-season.

Maybe the club could tell us the facts and figures, while they're giving us the facts about the OF ticket prices, the undersoil heating......

I wasn't at all surprised at this kind of typically lazy tabloid journalism, when in order to sell more papers in the week leadng up to an old firm game randomly tie Celtic or Rangers into an article.

What exactly does the price of tickets for a game that is still more than a week away gt to do with the undersoil heating or lack thereof at Fir Park, Andy Devlin who is a supposed well fan and sports journalist with the sun wants to get in there and have a word with that reporter if he's not too busy on a certain radio phone in with a former scotland keeper and a jambo eejit :lol:

Anyone know when (what time) this SPL meeting about the pitch is today and whether there's likely to be a statement immediately afterwards.

What are the potential implications for the club and employees for the various scenarios:-

No USH (but we lied that we had "we checked all the pressure gauges and they seemed to be at the correct levels" - MMcG)

Malfunctioning USH

Functioning USH - but not used properly (turned on early enough)

Functioning USH - but freak hard spots in the centre circle and South Stand 6 yard box - Just our Donald Duck type scenario.

I don't have a clue how this will go. We could escape with a rap on the knuckles or we could be taken to the cleaners.

This could potentially go very badly for some folk at the club if they have been found to be lying or perhaps failing to answer several simple questions from various parties including ourselves the fans. I'm not just talking about John Boyle here either.

What are folks thoughts?