Motherwell Vs St Johnstone Discussion Thread

David

Think you owe someone an apology....

McCall played exactly the team I hoped he would today and the result we got surpassed even my wildest dreams. Absolutely thrilled tonight. Humphrey was superb today, most balls he played in were dangerous and caused Saints problems. Having him up against a centre half was a wee Brucie bonus but even had it been a natural left back he was in the zone and I still think we would have got some change out of them. Lomas was moaning about the penalty but I really can't see why, it looked like a stick on at the time and i've just seen the goals on Sky and it still looks the same.

Happy to oblige :thumbup: ...sorry Jamie. I must make the same kind of comment before the Hearts game! Jamie did look back to his old self and he was at his best when cutting in from the left wing. I still say that Higgy would benefit from another out and out striker playing beside him though. Humphrey and Law were the pick of the bunch and the former in particular.

I've little sympathy for Steve Lomas ... he really does need to get his charges under stricter control. It was a cast iron penalty and rather than gripe at the referee he should be taking players like Liam Craig to task for acting like a thug - he will have seen exactly what he tried to do near the dugouts just before the penalty. Too many trailing boots and late challenges for my liking. According to Stuart McCall said we had a few knocks today and certainly Jenno looked less than 100% today as did Keith Lasley.

It was good to see some clinical finishing and it could have been something like 7 or 8 - 1. Saints threatened to score just before they did and it came as no surprise when they hit the net although the manner of it was calamitous.

Onwards and upwards.

Tremendous stuff, really was and I would say that the early penalty really settled us.

It all begs the question though, where the hell have the players been hiding for the past few weeks, when they can come out and destroy a rival team in such a way?

Agree with this. Maybe the change of formation. Maybe having ALL our best players available. Maybe a bit of both.

Regardless, its great to see that when the hard question was asked, the boys responded in such an emphatic manner!

More of the same on Tuesday please!