• Chris Humphrey
    • Stuart Carswell
    • Michael Higdon
    • Steve Jennings
    • Omar Daley
    • Henrik Ojamaa
    • Jamie Murphy
    • Null Vote

I picked Jenno as Sponsor's man of the match, thought he kept trying his utmost throughout. Also considered Hutchi, Humphrey and to a lesser extent Higdon. met Jenno afterwards and he was really gutted. Said it will be nice for him and Las to play together again soon! Had to pick the scouser or the missus will never forgive me.

Thought Jennings was the standout best. Won the ball countless times and got forward a little more than usual, trying to spur the team on. Also thought Law did well without much end product, but kept plugging and trying to create. Humphrey was also our main attacking threat today, only kept off the scoresheet by a couple of fantastic saves.

Overall though, Jennings for MOTM. Easy one.

• Like 1

I love Jennings but he was clearly rusty today, lost the ball countless times but to his credit kept plugging away. I thought him and Hammell showed the downside to three weeks off.

I thought Jennings struggled a bit. He seemed to be grimacing and on a couple of occasions lay down on the ground and did some twisting and stretching exercises. Looked to me like had was carrying an injury or knock of some kind, maybe his back.

I thought Hutchy defended OK for the most part but was pretty sloppy in possession.

Went for Humphrey. I'm not his biggest fan to say the least but seemed to me anything that was going to come off for us was going to come off Humphrey and I think he forced the only real save of note from Zaluskas.

Michael Higdon for me. He did everything that was asked of him - winning balls in the air, knock downs, but we can't blame him if his collegaues wouldn't support him. Its limited what a lone striker will achieve when heavily outnumbered.

Jenno had a decent first half but disappeared in the second. Looked a bit rusty. Chris Humphrey has had worse games and posed what little threat we had although he shaded in the second half. His finishing was good but not great and a decent striker would have scored two goals with his shots on target. The others had games they'll want to forget.

Hutchison at the back and Humphrey up front. I plumped for Humphrey because he was the only one who worried their defence, as poor as it is. Playing Higdon as alone striker is just ridiculous he needs someone bouncing off him picking up the knockdowns. Far too often he was left alone with hardly any support, virtually every time he won the ball he was looking to smash it out wide to Humphrey, a ploy Celtic quickly cottoned on to. All in all it wasn't a great game we were marginally the better side in the firsat half but the second half was awful.

The only bright spot was watching Ojaama's warm up, he trots like one of those Lipizzaner horses, knee up first then shoots the leg out. Weirdly compelling.

Michael Higdon for me. He did everything that was asked of him - winning balls in the air, knock downs, but we can't blame him if his collegaues wouldn't support him. Its limited what a lone striker will achieve when heavily outnumbered.

I'm sorry but how can anyone give Higdon MOTM? This 'he made nothing but it's not his fault' patter makes no sense. He's painfully slow and i dare say gives away more fouls than our defenders. He can do a job but he aint MOTM material right now.

• Like 2

I dont understand the praise for Higdon. Yes he won his fair share of balls in the air, but to what effect?

This isn't a dig at Higdon, he did his job adequately enough, but he just isn't cut out for the lone striker role. You need someone who can hold the ball up and wait for runners from midfield, and for all his merits that's not Higdons game. He's more of a target man knocking the ball down for a striking partner and feeding off crosses into the box.

Celtics defenders are fairly big and strong and can deal fairly competently with high balls into the box, whereas on the ground they can tend to be somewhat clumsy.

If you are going to play a lone striker I would have gone with Ojamaa from the start and kept the ball on the ground.

Humphrey caused Celtic more problems than anyone else in claret and amber, that's why he gets my vote.

• Like 1