2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

Vaguely remember hearing we'd be allowed to bring in one player up to the Wednesday night, dunno if that's actually true though.

yeah I believe I read it was 24 hours before KO we would have to declare a new player. Which would mean we'd need to be signing him about 5pm tomorrow if we want to get the paperwork done and faxed off to UEFA in plenty of time.

is it not too late to bring anyone in for these europa matches now anyway?

it should be an interesting transfer deadline day out scooping in valencia on the friday. i forsee some wild rumours flying around.

Unless we bring in loanees we'll only be signing out of contract players so I don't see the the end of the transfer window affecting us much.

Can he do that? Would he be a free agent after 2 months? Or would he have to wait until January window to go elsewhere?

Not sure how that would work as I thought that in Scotland we can only do deals between the transfer windows, except in some special circumstances. Don't think this would fit as special circumstances, anyone know any different?

Wouldn't really care as long as we got him, even for a short term, would give team a good boost, he still has lots of quality and would enhance the team no end.

here's hoping . . .

is it not too late to bring anyone in for these europa matches now anyway?

Vaguely remember hearing we'd be allowed to bring in one player up to the Wednesday night, dunno if that's actually true though.

How did you guys manage to miss the great 00:00 24:00 debate :O

18.14 For the three qualifying rounds and the play-offs, a club may register a maximum of one new eligible player on List A after the above-mentioned deadlines, provided the quota of locally trained players is respected. Such registration must be completed by 24.00 CET on the day before the relevant first-leg match and the club’s association must confirm in writing that the new player is eligible to play at domestic level at this time

Not sure how that would work as I thought that in Scotland we can only do deals between the transfer windows, except in some special circumstances. Don't think this would fit as special circumstances, anyone know any different?

Wouldn't really care as long as we got him, even for a short term, would give team a good boost, he still has lots of quality and would enhance the team no end.

here's hoping . . .

You can sign free agents outwith the transfer windows. I'm sure we signed Franny Jeffers after the window closed and I'm pretty sure Maurice Ross also signed after the window has closed.

You can sign free agents outwith the transfer windows. I'm sure we signed Franny Jeffers after the window closed and I'm pretty sure Maurice Ross also signed after the window has closed.

I'm sure it's only if they are free agents when the transfer window closes.

Bob Malcolm was another who was signed outwith the window.

If Faddy was sign a 2 month contract he wouldn't be able to sign for anyone else until January, so doesn't make sense.

As for the issue of freebies, if a player is without a club when the transfer window shuts he can be signed as a freebie outwith the window.

Hence why clubs will release players on the final day of the window, if they aren't going to play a part in the forthcoming season. Otherwise they are lumbered with them until the next window. As no self respecting player is going to leave a club knowing they can't sign for anyone else until the next window and so have no income for that period.

I'm sure it's only if they are free agents when the transfer window closes.

Bob Malcolm was another who was signed outwith the window.

This was what I was asking.

If he doesn't sign for us, he's a free agent and can sign anywhere outwith the window, which may make him quite desirable to a team that loses a player late, or picks up injuries in September.

If he signed with us for 2 months, would he then be in limbo come november? So he'd be aswell to sign until January.

Personally I'd like him on a 4 year deal, and we can sell him when he proves his fitness!

:lol:

Saw was something on transfer rumour website saying McFadden will sign for Hibs tomorrow, personally I can't see it, but who knows in this crazy world and anyone can post anything on that site . . similar to this one !!

Had heard that as well. Apparently Dundee Utd in as well. They want to cash in on Mackay-Steven and see McFadden as someone to replace him without the fans getting up in arms..

We need to sign a midfielder and a striker, what would happen if Law and Murphy go on final few days and McFadden goes somewhere else in the meantime?

Are we waiting to get the cash for them first . . . could be dangerous

In saying that . . I have liked the look of the big striker Lee Erwin, maybe he can get a chance, but when I look around and see other teams signing people like Beattie to St Johnstone, I do worry that we need someone with some experience.

Why would that be a problem - none of the players they have signed, or are about to sign are. or were in our wage range anyway. blink.gif

Maybe not now, but I would like to think that the likes of Sandaza and Shields weren't earning much more than our top earners at their previous cubs. Kyle would have been on a good bit more at Hearts, but even they have now learnt there lesson.