2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

For the simple reason that we won't be able to meet his wage demands and there are other clubs out there who can.

The reports I read said that personal terms had been agreed, so I imagine the includes the wage demands.

Not to say it's a done deal, because these things are never 100%.

Charles Paterson, of sky sports, on Twitter reporting the Ryan Stevenson move on hold. Hearts npw contenders for the signature.

Can't post the link on my phone but if you google for his Twitter account you will see it.

Gutted if we miss out but when a move like this leaks....I smell an agent....this can happen.

I assumed Leeane would also be out in Spain, not that it makes a huge difference really, it might just slow things up a bit.

The reports yesterday said she was staying back to work on the deal.

If you can believe the reports, of course.

Charles Paterson, of sky sports, on Twitter reporting the Ryan Stevenson move on hold. Hearts npw contenders for the signature.

I'd be surprised if that comes off. There seems to have been a great deal of bitterness towards Stevenson from both the Hearts fans and players, not to mention the fact he left due to the running of the club (which hasn't changed). I wouldn't be surprised if he picked another club over us but I'd be very surprised if he moves to Hearts.

Can't post the link on my phone but if you google for his Twitter account you will see it.

Gutted if we miss out but when a move like this leaks....I smell an agent....this can happen.

That'll be that then.

That'll be that then.

Can't see him going back there as he was too critical of the regime and apart from the manager, things at swinecastle haven't changed at all. In fact finacially they're worse off than they used to be even if they have got rid of alot of high earners... Usual MSM pish being banded about...:whistling:

When a story like this comes out - 99 times out of a hundred, if we haven't already done the deal it'll get hijacked. We can't compete with anyone down south and/or Rangers, Celtic, Hearts, Hibs, Dundee Utd or Aberdeen for wages.

Leven can ping in a free kick with a sweet lefty, would be a handy addition.

He netted a belter of a free kick against us in 2005 the same game Craigans long throw went directly in. Can't really remember much about him but seems to have been a consistent performer down in england. Def worth a look.

Can't see him going back there as he was too critical of the regime and apart from the manager, things at swinecastle haven't changed at all. In fact finacially they're worse off than they used to be even if they have got rid of alot of high earners... Usual MSM pish being banded about...:whistling:

You can't rule it out, but given the way he left and judging by the reaction of the Hearts fans in here today then I'd be surprised.

Even if Hearts have expressed an interest, it doesn't mean that Ryan Stevenson would be interested in going back.

• Like 1

Supposedly sticking point is whether it will be a 2 or 3 year deal.

Wouldn't be surprised. He'll want the security of a 3 year deal whereas we'll be sticking with our usual shite 2 year deal patter which has probably cost us other players in the past.

I'm always amazed when private deals suddenly become public knowledge. Either football is the only business in the world where people discuss their contract negotiations in the open (and don't mind them being shared on the internet), or these stories are just stories.

I have no idea if he will end up with us or not, but I tend not to believe people that claim knowledge of the offers/deals etc.

I'm always amazed when private deals suddenly become public knowledge. Either football is the only business in the world where people discuss their contract negotiations in the open (and don't mind them being shared on the internet), or these stories are just stories.

It's not a case of contract negotiations being discussed in the open, but it's not just stories either. It'll be somewhere in between. Ryan Stevenson might have been perfectly happy with the deal on offer from Motherwell and could have been on his way up the road to sign for us, but if his agent fancies a few more pennies for himself, it's easy enough to alert other clubs via the media.

When a story like this comes out - 99 times out of a hundred, if we haven't already done the deal it'll get hijacked. We can't compete with anyone down south and/or Rangers, Celtic, Hearts, Hibs, Dundee Utd or Aberdeen for wages.

Name another time that this has happened. It's up there with 'We'll start a bidding war!' in terms of transfer window myths.

Most times when we sign players on a two year deal it is due to them only being willing to come for two years. In this case it would appear that the player wanted a 3 year deal - this make me suspicions as he will be 31 by the end of it and might struggle to get another club and one last signing on fee - at 30 it would be a lot easier. This then asks the question why does he want 3 years? is he possibly injured? does he have another problem? Also, if he wants a 3 year deal why hasn't he been snapped up by newco? - they're signing anyone half decent and their granny for daft money! Something just doesn't sit right with me here.

If the club have decided on a two year deal then there must be a reason for it and I'll happily respect the decision even if it costs us the player.

This then asks the question why does he want 3 years? is he possibly injured? does he have another problem? Also, if he wants a 3 year deal why hasn't he been snapped up by newco? - they're signing anyone half decent and their granny for daft money! Something just doesn't sit right with me here.

Think you're reading far, far too much into it. He's a footballer in his mid-to-late-20s who left Hearts because of missed wages etc, has just had an unsuccessful spell down south, and has a pregnant missus. He'd be daft if he wasn't looking for the security of a three year deal.

What the fuck is with Motherwell and two year contracts?

Plays well for one year and we're forced to make the choice between offloading them for whatever meagre fee we're offered or getting another year out them and no transfer fee. Throws any room for negotiation after that first year right out the window.

• Like 2

I think you have to view each contract on its merits. You can't just dole out a 3 year deal every time someone new comes into the club. You just don't know how a signing is going to turn out.

You have a mooted scenario here where some folk are decrying the club for offering Stevenson "just" a 2 year deal.

Plenty of folk have spent the last 12 months screaming blue murder at how the fuck Omar Daley managed to get as long as a 2 year deal.

• Like 1