2012/13 Ins & Outs Thread

SCDave

Ok so now we r stable? We got more money than we expected through rangers demise, along with champs league and euro league games plus season ticket sales well up and yet we won't capatalise while we have a decent squad make it stronger and make ourselves SPL 2nd team? I'm not happy with that lol

Plus all the players we let go of in the summer, the wage bill is less

quite simply, are we stable? NO, not in dire straits but,can any Scottish club be stable? when the league is in such a state

the benefactor has gone and we've not sold a player for far too long

only around 1000 fans so far have been able to contribute to the 'Well society, meaning only around a third of the cash required at bank will be available

we made a loss last year

season ticket numbers might be well up, but income from gates is unlikely to show a similar rise

planned budgets cuts were in place due to last years loss before the Rangers saga, we might just get lucky and get through it, not quite as damaged as feared, but it should not be forgotten that without the backing of the funds, cashflow is still severely restricted between league payments and over the winter period

but still the board have said some funds are available

• Like 2

Anyone want to make a prediction for number of bodies in and out today? I have a feeling we'll see two out and one in with a free agent added some time later..

Not based on anything other than a gut feeling...

Hutchinson out, two in. No idea who the ins are, but then, we almost never do.

The deal is dead and McCall has said as much. In fact I read that it was possibly only a loan we were after, which could explain if he gets offered a permanent deal why he is looking elsewhere!

I would have been very pleased to get him on board, but if he and his agent are playing the field and using us to engineer a better move...most Hearts fans do not want him near the club. I reckon he may well end up at Dundee Utd.

I accept that is the way the system works, but I am also of a mindset, that if his perfect move fails to materialise, then we do not give him the option of a fall back!!

I also accept we need to sell 1 or 2 players, but I would be delighted if we manage to keep the squad we have and add a combatative midfielder in the Jennings mould. like Ryan Stevenson dare I say....

Certainly going by the message that gets re-inforced by those at the club that we aim to sell one player a season, after failing to do business back in January it would seem incomprehensible that we don't part with someone today to go towards the running costs.

There's a wee bit of irony in there somewhere that players as part of Motherwell sides who have achieved much less have had clubs desperate to spend money on them, yet we have some mainstays who have taken us to Cup Finals and Europe and we can't seem to attract the bids that the board - if not perhaps McCall - would want

That's the thing Johnstone. Fate has dictated that we've had to chuck a few of the youngsters in already, probably earlier than McCall might have wanted.

But those fringe players/youngsters have already helped us to some steady if not spectacular results. You compare that to some of the results SPL sides had in the League Cup this week or even one how some of the other SPL teams have fared in the league so far.

Worst case I would still think we have enough about us not to be dragged into a relegation fight.

• Like 1

the way I understand it is that we need to sell someone to balance books, let's hope we get decent money for a change, interesting that Killie up in arms over derisory offer (report around £200K) for 17yr old, yet when we get derisory offer for a first team regular and Scotland U21 of £250K from Blackpool in January, the board accepts ???

Think we need to get some players in to cover for the Under 20's team as they are now all playing in first team :whistling:

This is a good season to blood some youngsters, I mean, we're never getting relegated, have you seen Dundee? Davide Grassi? Mark Stewart?

Relegation isn't a worry, they're down. Even at that, with the established players we've got, and a blend of kids, we'll be top six, no worries.

This is a good season to blood some youngsters, I mean, we're never getting relegated, have you seen Dundee? Davide Grassi? Mark Stewart?

Relegation isn't a worry, they're down. Even at that, with the established players we've got, and a blend of kids, we'll be top six, no worries.

Are you on the board? Gambling on current squad to repeat previous success?

Wake up, the squad is threadbare and if we get further injuries and suspensions then we will be hard pressed to get credible results and will only get dragged into the pack. Do we really want to be in a position where we are in bottom 6 scrapping it out with kids?

That's the thing Johnstone. Fate has dictated that we've had to chuck a few of the youngsters in already, probably earlier than McCall might have wanted.

But those fringe players/youngsters have already helped us to some steady if not spectacular results. You compare that to some of the results SPL sides had in the League Cup this week or even one how some of the other SPL teams have fared in the league so far.

Worst case I would still think we have enough about us not to be dragged into a relegation fight.

What happens if the deadline passes and we then play on Sunday and lose to Inverness and drop down to 9 or 10th in the league? Not impossible since they beat us at Fir Park last season!

I'd say there would be uproar in the support about allowing the deadline to pass without bringing experience in.

I think we could see a unknown loan deal or two coming in but I'm not sure about contracted players. We definitely need to improve the squad and I don't think it's good for young players development when they are thrown in when there is no back up.

Are you on the board? Gambling on current squad to repeat previous success?

Wake up, the squad is threadbare and if we get further injuries and suspensions then we will be hard pressed to get credible results and will only get dragged into the pack. Do we really want to be in a position where we are in bottom 6 scrapping it out with kids?

:lol: Honestly, we've played what, four games? 3 draws and a win? In the midst of dealing with Champions League/Europa travels and games.

Here's something, I'll bet you whatever you want to bet that we'll finish ten points clear of whoever finishes bottom, easily.

The squad is no thinner than it has been in the past, we've lost Jennings, Craigan and Clancy, which is a blow, but besides that, we've brought in Kerr and Ramsden, Cummins has stepped up to the first team squad.

Feel free to knee-jerk away, but the squad is the same as it has been, with no difference. Given that the same spine of the squad has provided the same level of performance over the past few years, is that really a gamble?

What happens if the deadline passes and we then play on Sunday and lose to Inverness and drop down to 9 or 10th in the league? Not impossible since they beat us at Fir Park last season!

I'd say there would be uproar in the support about allowing the deadline to pass without bringing experience in.

I think we could see a unknown loan deal or two coming in but I'm not sure about contracted players. We definitely need to improve the squad and I don't think it's good for young players development when they are thrown in when there is no back up.

You say uproar, I say pant wetting.

We wont be fighting it out near the bottom.

1346411584[/url]' post='358523']

You say uproar, I say pant wetting.

We wont be fighting it out near the bottom.

So is that the level of ambition for our club. Are most 'Well fans happy if we finish 10 points above bottom.

I don't want to see high risk reckless spending but some investment in the squad will help develop the youngsters. Leanne said funds available to bring in 2 or 3 so let's see what happens.

• Like 1

Ok so now we r stable? We got more money than we expected through rangers demise, along with champs league and euro league games plus season ticket sales well up and yet we won't capatalise while we have a decent squad make it stronger and make ourselves SPL 2nd team? I'm not happy with that lol

Plus all the players we let go of in the summer, the wage bill is less

Last season, the board told us there would be an expected 500k loss this year. If we are lucky, we might be in a position now to cover that.

I haven't seen anywhere that our final season ticket sales are way up.